Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 1 Jun 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
singerella
Excited about Disney

Oh wow, what a lucky girl! I was just like your daughter and was a childhood dream, but I had to wait until I was 30 to go! We've been to NY twice now with no kids and must admit to feeling a bit guilty, but we had an absolute ball! Can't wait to take them all there one day. We managed to get crown tickets for statue of liberty last time which was fantastic, highly recommend if you can bag them...they go early though. The views from Ellis island were amazing too. Good luck on getting tickets for Wicked, we saw Lion King (booked in advance) but hubby almost fell to sleep as he was so tired from walking all day! On a different note, I read lots of NY chick-lit before going if your daughters into that? I heart new york was a good one. Whatever you decide, have fun, it'll be incredible!
singerella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Who needs a new house anyway?
Unread 1 Jun 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Trainee Dibber

Hi, your trip sounds fab and very similar to our own. We travel later this month also with our 15 yr old DD. First time for all of us, we're so excited. Counting the days
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Big Apple for a Big birthday!
Unread 2 Jun 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Very Serious Dibber

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
You've got all the main things planned you'll have a ball. We also did a day trip to Washington DC and I'd highly recommend a boat in Central Park. We did the circle line cruise too along with your list. Can I make a suggestion if she hasn't seen gossip girl ... it's amazing even I got addicted 🙈 ... and has way more New York scenes than friends . If she has Netflix she could download for the plane

Ps if you walk over Brooklyn bridge you must go to dumbo street in the left. That's the street where you see the Empire State Building through the bridge - it's iconic and a fab photo opportunity - totally stumbled on it by accident last time and not at all far from the bridge

My 2015 trip report
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...light=Nyc+pofq
Still to do a 2017 one
Thanks a lot Mrs Dee, i had heard of the Dumbo area but wasnt sure what was there so will definately make sure we go - noticed the link to your report so spending a sunny afternoon in the garden reading that 😀😀
Unread 2 Jun 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Very Serious Dibber

jools1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by singerella View Post
Oh wow, what a lucky girl! I was just like your daughter and was a childhood dream, but I had to wait until I was 30 to go! We've been to NY twice now with no kids and must admit to feeling a bit guilty, but we had an absolute ball! Can't wait to take them all there one day. We managed to get crown tickets for statue of liberty last time which was fantastic, highly recommend if you can bag them...they go early though. The views from Ellis island were amazing too. Good luck on getting tickets for Wicked, we saw Lion King (booked in advance) but hubby almost fell to sleep as he was so tired from walking all day! On a different note, I read lots of NY chick-lit before going if your daughters into that? I heart new york was a good one. Whatever you decide, have fun, it'll be incredible!
Its brilliant to realise a childhood dream and especially when it meets expectations! I know my daughter will be thrilled... but is already talking about a next time 🙈🙈!
We have crown tickets I booked them as soon as they were available... got 9am on our first morning so hopefully wont be too busy or hot at that time.
My daughter is not a reader but its watching lots of you tube videos!
Thanks so
Much for your comments 😀
Unread 2 Jun 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Very Serious Dibber

jools1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by Biscaya View Post
Hi, your trip sounds fab and very similar to our own. We travel later this month also with our 15 yr old DD. First time for all of us, we're so excited. Counting the days
Have a wonderful time and let me know if theres any must dos that ive missed! 😀
Unread 2 Jun 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Yay, so excited to read this and relive our own NYC memories and get new ideas for our next visit

That's the same route from Aberdeen that we flew. I hope you get a lucky upgrade! (We didn't )

Love that your DD is so excited to have her wish come true, I hope you all have an amazing time.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Just the 2 of us... Orlando again
Unread 2 Jun 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Very Serious Dibber

jools1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Yay, so excited to read this and relive our own NYC memories and get new ideas for our next visit

That's the same route from Aberdeen that we flew. I hope you get a lucky upgrade! (We didn't )

Love that your DD is so excited to have her wish come true, I hope you all have an amazing time.
Hi Lynda,

Great that youre planning to return Ive enjoyed all your trip reports and always handy to compare flights with another aberdeen flyer! How was your flight its been a long time since we flew long haul with BA... we only have an hour in Heathrow between flights which makes me a little nervous!
Unread 2 Jun 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Hi Lynda,

Great that youre planning to return Ive enjoyed all your trip reports and always handy to compare flights with another aberdeen flyer! How was your flight its been a long time since we flew long haul with BA... we only have an hour in Heathrow between flights which makes me a little nervous!
Hi Julie, we will definitely be returning at some point, it's a great place. Our flights were good, we like BA. I think we had to change terminals at Heathrow, but I can't remember how long we had to connect. I don't think it was a long connection though, I seem to remember going straight through, no hanging about. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Just the 2 of us... Orlando again