Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 15 Jul 18, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Bon voyage!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 18, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Have a great trip.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary in Venice
Unread 15 Jul 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were there in May. Fantastic trip, saw bears by the road. Brilliant scenery. The icefield tip is a highlight
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone - just finished a couple of nights in Calgary which weve enjoyed.

Stampede was amazing, just unfortunate we could only do on the day we flew in with it being the last day but wouldnt of missed it. Jet lag and a 24 hour day meant we left earlier than expected but what we saw and did was brilliant.

Chilled a bit yesterday and explored the city. Off to Olympic Park and the Rockies today, been great so far and the weather is scorching!
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Andalusia Road Trip
Unread 17 Jul 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Thanks everyone - just finished a couple of nights in Calgary which weve enjoyed.

Stampede was amazing, just unfortunate we could only do on the day we flew in with it being the last day but wouldnt of missed it. Jet lag and a 24 hour day meant we left earlier than expected but what we saw and did was brilliant.

Chilled a bit yesterday and explored the city. Off to Olympic Park and the Rockies today, been great so far and the weather is scorching!
Well done you on surviving that travel day and managing to stay up for the Stampede. Glad youre having a great time.

Hopefully that warm weather stays - Im currently having a packing trauma, trying to pack for all eventualities! Wondering just how few warmer clothes in case of colder weather I can get away with. Only have a hoodie, cardigan and pair of jeans so far. If you get the chance before the weekend, let me know if I might need more.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A few days in Washington DC
Unread 18 Jul 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Well done you on surviving that travel day and managing to stay up for the Stampede. Glad youre having a great time.

Hopefully that warm weather stays - Im currently having a packing trauma, trying to pack for all eventualities! Wondering just how few warmer clothes in case of colder weather I can get away with. Only have a hoodie, cardigan and pair of jeans so far. If you get the chance before the weekend, let me know if I might need more.
The weather has been amazing, up at 30 degrees some days, still scheduled to be warm but they have forecast thunder today ( only briefly and late on) . I packed one hoodie, a light waterproof/walking jacket and then only 2 shorts (should of done more) and then two jeans but some longer trousers which Iooking back would of preferred more shorts - just means Kirsty is washing now😳.

We stopped at the Olympic Park in Calgary (winsport) did the zipline from the ski jump which was awesome and a downhill luge which was good fun, would recommend if youre an adrenaline junkie. The stampede was great but we missed Eddie the Eagle as he came out at the last night grandstand show - bit gutted but I just had to do my best impression on the zipline.

In Banff National Park now and words cant describe how stunning this place is - a local lady we spoke to showed us some pictures shed taken, which where great, and said it somewhere you have to see with your own eyes its so beautiful, shes right. You are going to love it.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Andalusia Road Trip
Unread 18 Jul 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
It all sounds so amazing. I cant wait to see it for myself

Ive definitely got plenty of shorts and cropped trousers in the packing pile, as dont want to be washing very much - poor Kirsty! At least I know I wont need more clothes suitable for cold weather, so thanks for the update.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A few days in Washington DC
Unread 22 Jul 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Trainee Dibber

Following along really looking forward to the full report!
MsMinervaMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Kissimmee Swamp Tours