Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 6 Nov 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Still no Burj Khalifa tix confirmation. How hard can it be to check ?!

I meant to say in my pre ramble that as soon as we had booked, my eldest helpfully pointed out we are flying home just as the final Grand Prix race meeting starts over in Abu Dhabi.

Hows that for complete lack of planning?

I did look at extending the stay and selling the kids and house to purchase tickets to said event but in the end decided not to.

As its all decided who is the winner now anyway , I feel a bit better about such a sporting faux pas.

Does mean prices seem to have that surge effect and weve ruled out a day trip to Abu Dhabi as well as it will most likely be completely mobbed.

Sigh. More reasons to go back I guess ...
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Road Tripping Time
Unread 9 Nov 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Dibbing with Tink

Im sorry your summer was so rubbish - sometimes life really does deliver lemons. Hope you have a fantastic time in Dubai.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Im sorry your summer was so rubbish - sometimes life really does deliver lemons. Hope you have a fantastic time in Dubai.
Thank you
We fully expect August to be pants now as thats been the norm the last three years but for it all to spill over into September as well was just plain rude

Im thinking the only answer next year is to take myself off to remote island for the entire summer and just pretend like its all ok. Thats bound to work
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Road Tripping Time
Unread 11 Nov 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

In other news.

I have a cold brewing
Oh man thats rubbish. I am totally blitzing it with everything I can. I WILL NOT be ill on this holiday and thats final

We finally got our Burj Khalifa tix for 1030 so time for breakfast beforehand and then planning to go straight from there for lunch at a waterside cafe to see the fountain show at 1 or 1.30 and then some shopping in the Dubai Mall. Thats next Sunday all sorted then

Still need to book the bus tix, decide what to on the meds front ( to form or not to form , that dear travellers is the question).

Oh yes and I decided I still didnt have quite the right clothing so have ordered a few more bits. Im also musing on whether 8 pairs of shoes is too much for 5 days

My lovely offspring graced us with their presence this last week for their Uni reading week. Bringing home their laundry and raiding the cupboards, they return today like satiated hamsters with pouch reserves overfilled by cake and crisps to last them until at least tomorrow.

That means this weekend was not the planned relaxing packing and general light tidy up required with only two persons in the house .. no its full on with almost every room looking like its been in a burglary , stuff everywhere and me trying hard not to hyperventilate . After all its not like Im going away and want the house straight or anything.

Keep calm and clean the house.
That is all
Road Tripping Time
Unread 16 Nov 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Hope you have a fab trip Amanda.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A few days in Washington DC
Unread 16 Nov 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Hope you have a fab trip Amanda.
Thank you x
This will help
Road Tripping Time
Unread 16 Nov 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Have a wonderful time.
Looking at this for next year so cant wait to read along.
I hope that you have enough dresses...

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Boston for the first time.
Unread 17 Nov 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Have a wonderful time.
Looking at this for next year so cant wait to read along.
I hope that you have enough dresses...
Hey there !
Hmm possibly some duff wardrobe choices made by me but what i can say is OMG this place is amazing. WE arrived this morning and have just floated around in complete luxury. Its been awesome.
I had hoped to write up each day but WiFi is a bit intermittent and Ive been up 48 hours now and not terribly coherent !
Will try and post something though before we get back. We are off to the Burj Khalifa in the morning and a spot of shopping ...

Honestly, so far, on a scale of fabulousness ... its off the chart

Edited at 11:54 AM.
Road Tripping Time
Ocean Florida