Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Eat and Play Card
Unread 8 Jan 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Sounds fabulous! Whats the weather looking like?

And heres hoping the $ - works to your advantage!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Visiting my boy in Hong Kong:
Unread 8 Jan 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Would love to know how you get on. Enjoy
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Sounds fabulous! Whats the weather looking like?

And heres hoping the $ - works to your advantage!
No change of the dollar rate working my advantage!

Weather is looking chilly. It's actually in that range of "Do I take the really thick coat or not?"

Seems to be down to -5 at night, but +3 or +5 during the day.

I took the really thick coat last time and didn't need it all the time, but really liked having it at some points. The thing is - it weighs an absolute ton so leaving it behind does have advantages!
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not even booked yet... FL 2020
Unread 9 Jan 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah only just seen this.
Have a fab time and look forward to the trippy.
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Road Tripping Time
Unread 10 Jan 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah only just seen this.
Have a fab time and look forward to the trippy.
Thanks Amanda.

Hope you are doing well!
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 10 Jan 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Sounds like a good trip so far. We did the Intrepid last time we went to NY. Hubby loved it, me, it was a bit meh, but then I'm not into space travel or boats or planes(unless they are taking me on holiday). I'm in a quandary about the coat situation too. As you can see we go to NY next month and when I last went in February they had about 3ft of snow the day before we arrived. I'm thinking big coat so far, then I can always buy a new thinner one when we go to Jersey Garden Malls!
You've inspired me to start planning, as so far all I do is look at Instagram pictures of nice food to eat in NY. I've got hundreds of restaurants and bars I want to try and nothing else planned lol. Although I did watch a couple of YouTube vids yesterday which were walking through Manhattan and around the area we are staying(Hell's Kitchen - not far from the Intrepid). Have a fantastic time, looking forward to reading the trippy
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2nd onsite stay - CBR
Unread 11 Jan 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBigdog View Post
Sounds like a good trip so far. We did the Intrepid last time we went to NY. Hubby loved it, me, it was a bit meh, but then I'm not into space travel or boats or planes(unless they are taking me on holiday). I'm in a quandary about the coat situation too. As you can see we go to NY next month and when I last went in February they had about 3ft of snow the day before we arrived. I'm thinking big coat so far, then I can always buy a new thinner one when we go to Jersey Garden Malls!
You've inspired me to start planning, as so far all I do is look at Instagram pictures of nice food to eat in NY. I've got hundreds of restaurants and bars I want to try and nothing else planned lol. Although I did watch a couple of YouTube vids yesterday which were walking through Manhattan and around the area we are staying(Hell's Kitchen - not far from the Intrepid). Have a fantastic time, looking forward to reading the trippy
Coats are struggle. DW is wanting to take 3...

If it comes to it we can take a 3rd case just for coats and shoes, as we are going Club World. The issue with that is the transfer says 2 cases only. It could probably fit between us on the back seat, but I worry about these sorts of things

Looking at it now it seems that some days will have definitely no need for it, but the later days in our trip might see it peak at a max of -4 ... It also doesn't help that different websites give vastly different forecasts!

We had snow the day before we went last time too - it was lovely walking (slithering!) around Central Park all covered in it.

I also go on holiday for food reasons! I've been craving some proper American pancakes for ages, so that will be breakfast day 1!
Unread 11 Jan 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I'm not sure how I missed this! Sounds like you will both have a fabulous time and how amazing to fly Business, I'm not jealous at all . You must go to Tick Tock Diner if you haven't been before, they do the BEST French toast!
Look forward to reading all about it on your return. Oh and I say take the third case, I'm a 'what if' kinda gal!
Christmas Markets and More! Berlin - Nov/Dec 2018 Trip Report
The BIG Las Vegas Surprise - Feb 2019 Trip Report
The BIG Little Lies California Road Trip - July/Aug 2019 Trip Report
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Birthday break in Krakow