Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 13 Feb 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by honeybun1989 View Post
Thank you, so we could split our stay and book hotels for Tokyo and Kyoto and do day trips from both?
Thats what we are doing but as we have never been before we are not experts!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 13 Feb 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
arisser
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you, so we could split our stay and book hotels for Tokyo and Kyoto and do day trips from both?
This is what I did and it worked perfectly. 4 nights in Kyoto and then 5 nights in Tokyo.
arisser is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at WDW
Unread 13 Feb 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by arisser View Post
This is what I did and it worked perfectly. 4 nights in Kyoto and then 5 nights in Tokyo.
Thank you, thats a great help!

We are going for 14 nights, so if we flew into Tokyo and stayed for 7 nights then a further 7 nights at Kyoto and flew back from Osaka with day trips from both .. does that sound ok?
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip to Japan!
Unread 13 Feb 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
arisser
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you, thats a great help!

We are going for 14 nights, so if we flew into Tokyo and stayed for 7 nights then a further 7 nights at Kyoto and flew back from Osaka with day trips from both .. does that sound ok?
That sounds good to me! I know I recommended the JR Pass for trains in my first post but if you're flying into Tokyo and out of Osaka then you'll only be taking the shinkansen one way and therefore the JR Pass might not be the best deal. I'd suggest planning what day trips you want to take and then working out if you'll actually save money or whether you're better off paying out of pocket for trains. I didn't get the JR Pass as I was also only taking the shinkansen one way, and I ended up saving money this way.

Be aware that often there are several train options for the same journey and these can vary hugely in both journey time and price. There are loads of resources online to help you plan ahead though!
arisser is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at WDW
Unread 14 Feb 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by arisser View Post
That sounds good to me! I know I recommended the JR Pass for trains in my first post but if you're flying into Tokyo and out of Osaka then you'll only be taking the shinkansen one way and therefore the JR Pass might not be the best deal. I'd suggest planning what day trips you want to take and then working out if you'll actually save money or whether you're better off paying out of pocket for trains. I didn't get the JR Pass as I was also only taking the shinkansen one way, and I ended up saving money this way.

Be aware that often there are several train options for the same journey and these can vary hugely in both journey time and price. There are loads of resources online to help you plan ahead though!
Thanks once again!
You have been a great help!
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip to Japan!
Unread 14 Feb 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
Imagineer

Sounds great!

Everyone has been very helpful with information but I think I feel more confused than before 😊
Im not sure wether to fly into Tokyo and out of Osaka or into Osaka and out of Tokyo ..
Or just fly in and out of Tokyo
Ha ha! You can see Im very confused!
Im also unsure how long to stay in each place and what areas are best for hotels .. were thinking if Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto and have the options of day trips inbetween ..
As i said Im really confused!
Ping me a PM when you fancy it, am free most weekends at some point for Glasgow or Edinburgh, and early evening during week if meeting in Glasgow area.

Be good to have a Disney/ Japan natter with someone
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip to Tokyo Disney baby!
Unread 14 Feb 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

There is a Jr pass calculator online which if you input your travel plans will give you a rough idea what is a better cost.

We went to Japan for first time in September and are heading back this year as we loved it so much
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Tokyo DisneySea again...
Unread 14 Feb 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone, youve all been a great help!
First trip to Japan!
Ocean Florida