Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 3 Mar 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
VIP Dibber

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Great report.. I must search for more of your past days as I am late to the party. AGAIN!

I can't believe you guys tackled the kitchen sink! Hats off to you! I have to try sometime!
Your POR rooms is one of those beautiful themed ones! Id love to try it out one time when my son is older and out of a stroller.. I love the POR & POFQ themeing!

Spring 2019 trip report here

Edited at 11:36 PM.
Toff Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great report 👍
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
That sounds like a lovely last full day. I'm so tempted by the kitchen sink but I'm greedy and scared I'd keep going till I felt poorly!
I think I did that for a few of the buffet meals. Self restraint and buffets do not go well together!

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
After everything on this trip all credit to Max for rising to the challenge of The Kitchen Sink, worth his flight cost alone
I can't believe you ate food prior to facing the Kitchen Sink, as much as I love ice cream thins is one challenge that has always escaped us, the snack credit option always seems to win on the dining plan and even OOP.

As always great photos, even with wet backsides after Splash Mountain.
The whole of today has that air of wonderment and whilst enjoying your final evening, there is quite possibly no feeling on earth like it, magical yet with such a heavy heart at the same time, even knowing you are going back does not quite help.

Great that POR brought such a memorable ending to the trip for you all
Max was the last man standing with the kitchen sink. He is very keen to try it out this summer with the help of his grandad as he feels they would stand a good chance of actually finishing it.

You are right I think the heavy feeling wasn't just down to all the ice cream we had eaten .

We hadn't expected all the Halloween stuff to be up in MK and it was exciting to see it. But, that sort of compounded the feeling that we didn't really belong anymore, it really felt like Disney were telling us to go home. It was a very visual reminder that our time was up as the season was clearly changing.

Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
Great report.. I must search for more of your past days as I am late to the party. AGAIN!

I can't believe you guys tackled the kitchen sink! Hats off to you! I have to try sometime!
Your POR rooms is one of those beautiful themed ones! Id love to try it out one time when my son is older and out of a stroller.. I love the POR & POFQ themeing!
Make sure you have a big group if you attempt the sink it's huge! POR was lovely for a couple of nights, a pain to have to pack up and sort out cases, but the resort really was a beauty. I'm excited about going to POFQ this summer.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ here we come
Unread 5 Mar 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

I would have been exactly the same paranoid that the tickets werent going to work.

Your review has just made me so sad that Beaches and Cream will be closed this year, we really loved our meal there last year.

I am so glad you loved POR, I am really excited for your stay at French Quarter.

~ collybird's Unfinished Business - a Fall 2019 Dining Report ~ COMING SOON!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now it's Coronado Springs!
Unread 6 Mar 19, 05:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Never too many pictures of Port Orleans. Its so beautiful. I will definitely be back there in the future.

You did well with the kitchen sink, we tried and failed miserably with it in 2016.

A great last park day.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I would have been exactly the same paranoid that the tickets werent going to work.

Your review has just made me so sad that Beaches and Cream will be closed this year, we really loved our meal there last year.

I am so glad you loved POR, I am really excited for your stay at French Quarter.
I was worrying unnecessarily in the end. I had tried to mitigate the potential problems by booking a resort ADR for the meal, and I figured if the worst came to the worst then we'd have a lovely meal and then walk around boardwalk for the evening or maybe Disney springs. In the end of course it was all fine. It wasn't that I didn't believe it had worked for other dibbers, it was that I feared Disney would have closed the pool hole and that I wouldn't have heard about it.

So we still have our 4pm ADR this summer for the final day beaches and Cream is open. I've been looking to change it to the Epcot day earlier in the trip as we are due to go to hoop dee doo in the evening and it will be a lot of travelling back and forth if it stays as it is. At the moment there is nothing at all. I've tried looking for times for parties of 2 or 3 or 4...nothing. I'm thinking availability may pop up much nearer the time and so I just have to hold my nerve. As today I could get a lunch adr for 6 people...Fingers crossed it will work out as I really think it will be fun to go back.

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Never too many pictures of Port Orleans. Its so beautiful. I will definitely be back there in the future.

You did well with the kitchen sink, we tried and failed miserably with it in 2016.

A great last park day.
I'm glad you didn't think it was an overload of photos. I really loved the resort. I suppose everyone is destined to fail at the kitchen sink. But it sure is fun trying it.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ here we come
Unread 7 Mar 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Resort pics are just gorgeous and so nice to have chill out time around the resort. Looked a ton of food at B&C and lol at bowlgate. So glad the server sorted it out. Well done to Max on the kitchen sink demolition.
Lovely evening although last evenings are always sad. Some super pics , loving the wet butts !
Sad faces, home tomorrow ...
Unread 7 Mar 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Resort pics are just gorgeous and so nice to have chill out time around the resort. Looked a ton of food at B&C and lol at bowlgate. So glad the server sorted it out. Well done to Max on the kitchen sink demolition.
Lovely evening although last evenings are always sad. Some super pics , loving the wet butts !
Sad faces, home tomorrow ...
It was a chilled out last day really, with some highlights on top. I'd have loved to have stayed out late in MK but everyone was tired, we'd done the mountains and pirates and I guess sometimes you need to know when to call it quits and take your soggy bottomed family home. It helped massively to know it was only a good bye for now and not forever.
POFQ here we come
Unread 10 Mar 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tobago
Earning My Ears

Abby, spend a decent % of my Sunday reading the entire thread if this trip report. Its brilliant, with lots of detail giving me lots to think about for my trip. Sounds like a fantastic holiday you guys had. Cannot wait for the final instalments. X
Tobago is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Florida Tix