Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Cool He did a thing - June 19 - Day 9 - Going Home :(

Day 8 is here

Wednesday 19th June

Going home day was upon us already

Despite our drunken late night, we were up at 8am to pack. Ugh. Housekeeping knocked on the door at 8.45am. Eh no. We politely asked her to return later!

We left the room for the final time at 10.30am I can't believe I never took one last balcony photo! Oh well, not like I didn’t have enough

It took 2 trips to get the luggage down to reception, after which we settled the resort fees/parking. This came to $639 This did include our room upgrade though and we would 100% pay it again to have a guaranteed balcony and resort view. While Chris was paying that, I took a few final photos of the beautiful lobby.

Then it was one final visit to Fuel. Sob.

Some Mike Wazowski sugar art!

And then we had to leave. Bye Dolphin, you were ace

Ugh this sign. It's like a knife to the heart.

Ok, can I just say that I love this road? It's like a home from home. High five to the 192 ya'll

We stopped off a CVS for something (can't remember what) and I noticed these bad boys. Massive LOLS at the "you saved my marriage" quote. Do people divorce over snoring? I mean, sure, Chris has pushed me to the brink of insanity with a drunken snore, but I probs wouldn’t divorce him over it

Breakfast time and if you know me at allllll, I don’t need to tell you where we went!

We got seated straight away and you know what happened next. Honestly, I could just copy and paste from the last 7 TRs

Meanwhile I pondered the menu. These photos are legit not even posed. Hahaha!

I went for Eggs in a Basket x 2 with a biscuit on the side. Chris veered off course and ordered the sugar cured ham!

So so good! And bonus, I got 2 biscuits! I bloody love them. I never used to give them the time of day, but in recent years I have fallen in love with them. I can't wait to have heaps in Nashville in Feb

Chris's plate looks like the stuff of nightmares to me personally, but he loved it!

Total for breakfast was $28 plus tip and worth every cent We then had a nosey around the ever patriotic gift store.

It was coming up to July 4th, so there was some super extra #usanumberone tat.

I mean, who doesn’t need stars & stripes chicken ornaments?

Chris then decided he had to visit Golf Galaxy one last time. Groan.

I waited outside to soak up my last dose of Florida sunshine. While I waited someone asked if I needed a ride somewhere and I was then approached by a homeless lady who asked for a money for a hotel room. I politely declined. She wished me a "blessed day" and went on her merry way. Standard.

Anyway, the silver lining of being there was when Chris suggested we get a Five Guys milkshake. YUSSSS!

We then needed to get gas for the car as it had to be returned full. I joined the SUPER long queue to pay which took an absolute age. I handed over $20 and Chris managed to squeeze out $18 worth. I didn’t bother going back for the $2. I hate this system by the way. It is dumb AF.

Anyway, we arrived at MCO at 2.15pm. Grim. We returned the car easily and were approached by a dude offering to take our bags over to the terminal for us. It was a tip service, so totally up to you what you pay him. We thought "why not" and agreed.

Ah that was great. He literally took everything right to the check in desk for us. It made it so much easier! We thanked him profusely and tipped him $10, which we thought was ok for 5 minutes work, right?

Check in was quiet and Chris decided to ask about the price of an upgrade to Business Class. The guy was lovely and did everything he could to get us a decent deal. It wasn’t cheap of course, but it wasn’t super extravagant either. Chris had a heap of dollars left and in the end just thought "screw it". Amazing huh?!

Feeling a little better about flying home now, we went for a look around the shops.

I got a wee babygrow for Sean and some chocolate coins for Abi and Chris picked up an Orlando soccer top for Jake from Lids.

Sleeping man exhibit.

We then headed for security. Since we had upgraded, we got to go in the fast track queue. However, it just merges back into the normal queue and just makes it look like you are pushing in, so that was a little awkward! It took us around half an hour to get through, so not very fast tracked at all!

There was a storm going full pelt when we boarded the monorail. Shocker hahaha! The thunder was SO loud.

Once off the monorail, we decided to head to Bahama Breeze.

The storm was still raging and the thunder cracks were something else! Chris's face was a picture

To eat, I ordered a chicken caesar salad and Chris had quesadillas. Including 2 beers and a cherry coke, this was $52. Not cheap, but it was nice.

continued in next post
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
continued from previous post

After our food, we went to Duty Free where I got a bottle of my fave perfume. It wasn't until I got home that I realised I had picked up the wrong one. See where it says "Eau Fraiche"? Yeah, I never noticed that. Never mind, it's still nice. Just not right!

Snacks were of course purchased from the newsagent before we boarded at 5.20pm. We were excited to be headed to the business section Smug photos coming up:

Snack drawer

Feet up

I inspected our freebies.

And the menu.

We were delayed a bit due to the storms, so it was 7.10pm when we eventually took off. We were rear facing, so that was weird

Drinks and nibbly things were handed out shortly after take-off. I asked for a pink sparkling wine, but it was gads!

The nibbly things weren't to my taste either, so I broke into my own snacks!

Dinner was served about 9pm. We both ordered the tomato soup and beef. Chris's took ages to come. He didn’t have great service all round actually. The ladies on my side were much nicer and more attentive.

For pudding I had the strawberry cheesecake. Chris had asked for fruit, but they gave him the cheesecake. When he asked them to swap it, they were really quite sarcastic / rude. Unimpressed with those wifey's!

Oh and we were also given some delicious shortbread. Sadly not the lemon white chocolate ones that you used to get, but lovely nonetheless.

The food was really decent and with a happy tummy I got tucked into my duvet Best way to travel!

I watched a bit of "What if" and then went to sleep, but was rudely awoken my Chris snoring his chops off! Mortified! Thankfully he rolled over and it stopped! Hahahaha!

I was just drifting off again when a nearby toddler had a meltdown of epic proportion. It went on for an hour solid. Ugh. It was so loud that I had to get my kindle back out to drown out the noise.

I finally got back to sleep though and the next time I woke up was when breakfast was being served at 7.30am (UK time). I had to pick cheese out of the bacon roll. Why?! Just WHY?!

Almost there.

We landed at 8.30am, but had to wait for another plane to move, so it was about 9am before we got off.

Passport control was quick and we were soon enjoying a cuppa in Costa. We then did security, where I was in trouble cos I forgot about my perfume. Oops. Thankfully they didn't take it off me! Chris was searched too.

We then did not very much until we boarded the Edinburgh flight at 11.40. It took off late at 12.35. I don’t think I've ever left a London airport on time lol. I slept for the entire flight and woke up when we landed at 1.33. Back stairs were connected straight away, so we were off super quick!

I had a mild panic at baggage claim as it took THIRTY minutes for my case to appear. We did laugh at this sad little unclaimed basket though. How random!

Hello, Edinburgh!

We got a taxi back to the Marriott to collect the car and then hit the road for home. That journey is a killer after a long haul flight. Chris drove, but I played my quiz game with him to keep him entertained (and awake lol).

We stopped in Dunfermline for a McDonalds.

And Chris continued driving. I didn’t take over until we got to Westhill, so a whole 20 minutes from home I did offer before that, I promise!

We got home at 5.50pm where I immediately set about unpacking. I hate having cases lying about for days, I'd rather have it all done out of the way!

Chris, would you believe, cut the grass Nutter.

And there you have it, the end of another wonderful Floriday!

We surprised ourselves by how much we loved staying at The Dolphin. Regular readers will know we are villa people, but the convenience of being at The Boardwalk and so close to Epcot and DHS was just brilliant. The hotel itself was lovely too, it had everything you could need and we LOVED our room and especially the view. We would definitely stay again. Perhaps a split stay next time though cos we do sill love the space of the villa and having our own pool etc. A split stay is the best of both worlds

So, thanks to everyone who has read along and left comments We have no plans for another trip at the moment, but you will see from my countdown that we are going back to Nashville in February. If I have to turn 35, ima do it in a Honkytonk

Oh and we are also off to Turkey next week for an all-inclusive week of sun, so we are looking forward to a more chilled holiday! We did have a stressful Monday morning due to the unfortunate collapse of Thomas Cook, but we managed to re-book flights with Jet2.

Bye for now
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

So sad that you had to leave so soon, but you are right this was a bonus trip and you definitely made the most of it. I think you’re spoiled for life by the location though!

I think Chris’ breakfast looks yummy! It would be really tasty on one of those biscuits.

Ahahaha at someone asking if you needed a ride, we’re lucky you’re still with us.

Bahama Breeze looks so good, I really want to try those quesadillas.

Your journey home really is a nightmare, glad you upgraded to make it a bit more tolerable.

Have a great time in Turkey!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Really enjoyed your trip report, thanks for sharing!
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Loved reading along, and now convenient the hotel was for you, handy for a cheeky week
Always the sugar cured ham and biscuits for me at Cracker Barrel just love it!
The quesadillas at Bahama Breeze is one of my favourite meals, yum
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
florida mad
Apprentice Imagineer

florida mad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Rachel I love your trip reports, they're so detailed I feel like I've been on holiday with you
I haven't left comments after each day, but just wanted to say Thanks for sharing
Old 25 Sep 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

You're reports are brilliant. The level of detail is superb.

Also love the view of your garden.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bettany2001
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Really enjoyed reading your report, thanks for taking the time to write it. Enjoy your next trip, glad you managed to get your flights rebooked.x
bettany2001 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ccjames
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Really enjoyed reading your posts, especially as we are staying at the Dolphin next year.

In the past we have used a pre-arranged car service for airport transfers. We were thinking of using Uber this trip. Is there a designated area to meet up with your driver and do you know roughly what the going rate is?
ccjames is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for doing your trippie I really enjoyed reading along. as usual a very entertaining read.

Joan