Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
Kenwood Travel
Unread 5 Jan 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Day 9 ~ Outlets, Sanaa, Animal Kingdom and FINALLY Flight Of Passage ~ 4th November 2018

Day 9 ~ Outlets, Sanaa, Animal Kingdom and FINALLY Flight Of Passage ~ 4th November 2018

Today's the day the clocks went back

I woke at 7.45am (technically 8.45am) and felt so refreshed! Noah woke up not long after this so we went and had a bath. When we got out Thomas had woken and was watching The Disney channel. Noah joined him whilst I got sorted. Thomas and Noah ate some cereal in the room and played with some toys.

The plan for this morning was to go to Typhoon Lagoon. We had decided a few days ago that we would change this to the outlets and WalMart as firstly it was forecast rain and secondly I didn't want to be rushing to get the car back at 1.30pm. Chris and Caitlin eventually woke at 8.45am. We were all sorted and at the Vineland Outlets for 9.45am. Chris was in awe of a car in the car park so he and Thomas went to take photos of it.

We went to Michael Kors where I was looking for a small black bag. I eventually managed to find one and bonus ... it ended up being over $20 cheaper than I thought it would be

We had a little wander round some more shops then headed to Subway for a snack. The kid's didn't want anything as they'd had cereal in the room.

Me and Chris shared:

12 inch Steak and Cheese Sub

We opted to make it a meal deal to include a bag of crisps and a drink. We also got an extra bag of crisps for the kid's to share. This was nice but it's basic subway stuff really. We didn't think it was too badly priced.

Total - $12.23

As we had to return the car this afternoon, we popped to WalMart to stock up on the last little bits. We got water, diet coke, sprite and some souvenirs. We were due to drop the car off at 1.30pm so we headed back to the room and I managed to get this photo Ok, ok my photos aren't professional like Chris's but I did a canny good job considering the car was moving

We dropped the shopping off at the room, then headed to the Disney Car Care Centre. When collecting or returning a car to the Disney Car Care Centre they will pick you/drop you off at any Disney resort or park. As we had lunch booked at Sanaa we opted to be dropped off at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We arrived at Kidani Village for around 1.30pm. We had a little look around in reception, for some reason Chris didn't take any photos, this place is beautiful, I really hope we can stay here one time.

We took the lift down to the restaurant. In the car on the way to the DCCC I had seen a reservation at Sanaa for 1.25pm but I didn't want to be rushing so I kept our 2.05pm with the hope of getting seated earlier. I went to reception to check in, they stated they'd get us seated as soon as possible. In the mean time Chris went outside and took some photos with Thomas and Caitlin. Noah didn't want to go out do we looked at the tortoise through the window.

Chris and the others came back in and we were sat on the seats near the window talking about how Thomas used to say tortoise when he was younger it was so cute.

Noah decided he wanted to go out for a look so I took him out, we seen some giraffes and zebras. He loved them. As we were outside the buzzer went off so we headed inside, it was 1.55pm.

Sanna

One of the only restaurants I managed to get a menu photo

The kids were given activity packs which kept them quite for a little while.

I ordered a Magic Star, purely for the glowing ice cube of course!

Chris ordered the Raspberry Mojito

My drink was lovely I really enjoyed it, Chris found his very tart and didnt like it. We ended up swapping halfway. Disney put so much alcohol in their cocktails! I must admit I was feeling a little squiffy!

Thomas had orange juice, Caitlin sprite and Noah water (with squash added)

We had already decided beforehand that we wanted to try the bread service, even though it wasnt included on the DDP.

Indian-style Bread Service - Choice of Five Breads and with all Nine Accompaniments - Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kucha, or Paneer Paratha. Accompaniments - Cucumber Riata, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chuntey, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeo-Lime Pickle- $17

We all really enjoyed this, the kids got stuck into the naans too which I was surprised at. Im not hugely into spice so I stuck to the first 4 or 5 dips. I really liked the cucumber riata and mango chutney. Chris tried them all and his favourite was the mango chutney too I think. Im not sure wed order it again for the price, but it was nice to try it. Next up was the mains.

Thomas:

Cheese Pizza - served with choice of two (2) Selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani Water, or Small Minute Maid Apple Juice
- $10

He opted for roasted potatoes with his pizza, he enjoyed both the pizza and the potatoes.

Noah:

Cheese Pizza - served with choice of two (2) Selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani Water, or Small Minute Maid Apple Juice
- $10

Noah opted for fruit with his, he ate about half his pizza and most of the fruit, but he did have quite a bit of naan bread.

Caitlin:

Kids Butter Chicken - served with choice of two (2) Selections and choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani Water, or Small Minute Maid Apple Juice
- $10

I have no idea why we ordered Caitlin the kids version as we were paying adult prices anyway! She cleared her plate in about 5 minutes so she ended up eating ours too. She really enjoyed this, shed never tried butter chicken before but she does like chicken curry. She declared this her favourite meal of the holiday.

Me:

Potjie Inspired - Choose one from the Journey - Goan Seafood Curry, Butter Chicken, Braised Beef, or Spicy Durban Shrimp. Choose one from the Harvest - Aloo Masala, Chickpea Wit, Lentil Dhal, Paneer Tikka, or Cilantro-Coconut Vegetables served with scented Basmati Rice- $28

I opted for the Butter Chicken and Panner Tikka, the server then informed us that we could choose 2 dishes as we were on the DDP. This really threw me off guard and I opted for the Braised Beef after being put on the spot. I really enjoyed this, I didnt like the Paneer Tikka but I really enjoyed the butter chicken. I like the Braised Beef, but I did get a bit fed up of it after a while.

Chris:

Potjie Inspired - Choose one from the Journey - Goan Seafood Curry, Butter Chicken, Braised Beef, or Spicy Durban Shrimp. Choose one from the Harvest - Aloo Masala, Chickpea Wit, Lentil Dhal, Paneer Tikka, or Cilantro-Coconut Vegetables served with scented Basmati Rice- $28

Chris opted for the Butter Chicken, Braised Beef and Aloo Masala. He really enjoyed all of this. He regularly goes to the Indian with work and loves to try different things. He said this was one of his best meals at Disney!

So looks like a thumbs up from us all so far!

As desserts were included on the DDP we decided we may as well order them. The kids ordered

Pumbaa's Dessert Grub - Chocolate Pudding, Marshmallow, Oreo Crumble, and Gummi Worms

As usual the kids werent too keen on these, Noah barely ate anything and Thomas and Caitlin just ate the gummy worms.

Me:

Caramel N'dizi - Banana Financier with Caramelized Milk Chocolate Crmeux, Hazelnut Crunch, Banana-White Chocolate Chantilly, and Ginger Raspberries - $7

I really enjoyed this all though I did find it quite hard to cut through, I was sure it was going to go flying off my plate at any moment trying to cut it!

Chris:

African Triple Chocolate Mousse - Manjari 64% Dark Chocolate of Madagascar, Jivara Milk Chocolate, Ivoire White Chocolate, Chocolate Biscuit, and Strawberries- $7

Chris didnt mind this, hes not a massive dessert lover unless its cheesecake I thought it was nice and not too rich.

Total for this should have been $182.42 but was just $18.11 for the bread service. We would definitely go back here again, the food and atmosphere was lovely.

Looking at the time stamp of the pictures we were done by 3pm. I think it was really quick for a TS meal but we didn't feel rushed in any way.

Our plans were to head to Animal Kingdom. We walked to the bus stop and as luck would have it a bus had just appeared for Animal Kingdom

Sadly the weather wasn't look too great! It was very dark and it looked like it was going to through it down. After 5 minutes on the bus it started chucking it down. Chris and I looked at each other unsure what to do. I said we'd wait till we got to AK and see if it had eased off a little. We stupidly left the ponchos in the room.

We arrived at AK and it wasn't showing signs of easing, Chris checked the weather app and that had rain forecast for a couple of hours. There was a Riverside bus in so we ran for that. Even on the bus we were still debating it as this would be the only time we could do FOP as there's no way we'd wait with the queue times. We had a FP for 5.35pm. We decided to head back to the resort and if it calmed we would come back later (missing our Expedition Everest FP).

Caitlin and Thomas had made up their own battle game on paper (don't ask because I haven't got a clue ) which they were playing on the bus. As they bus was full they were sat opposite us. They got talking to a lovely American man who was there with his wife. It was his first time to Disney and he chatted away to them asking where they'd been and what they'd done. He was lovely. They talked all the way back to Riverside

We were on a leaky bus and everytime the bus turned a certain way I was getting covered in water, I wasn't impressed

In the meantime the rain had eased and Chris and I had been deliberating whether to go back to AK. In the end we decided we'd go back as we really wanted to FOP. When we got to the last stop at AK the driver said it was the last stop and asked if we were getting off, we said it was ok we're going to go back to the park

We got back to the park for around 4.45pm. It was still raining but it had eased off a lot. We walked to the entrance with Caitlin having a hissy fit at getting wet In the end we just chose to ignore her. We told her it was warm enough that we'd dry off when it stopped. It stopped after about 10 minutes so wasn't too ad. We were dry in just over an hour!

Once in the park we headed to FOP. The eagle eyed of you will noticed that our FP wasn't till 5.35pm ... for some reason I had in my head it was 4.35pm! Obviously the CM said we were too early so we headed off to Dinoland instead with a photo at the tree of life, sadly we're all soaked off the rain

We used the DAS pass for a return time for Dinosaur but they just allowed us straight on. We quite enjoyed this although I did find it a bit too jerky, although not as bad as Kong! Noah did find it a little scary but he did well.

Next Thomas wanted to go on Primeval Whirl so he and Chris went on. We grabbed some popcorn, sprite and coke whilst we were waiting.

They'd used parent swap so Thomas and I went on when they came off, it was a walk on anyway really. This wasn't as bad as I was expecting, I'd read reviews of it being Primeval Hurl but I'd say Harry Potter The Forbidden Journey was more hurl than this!

Next we headed to Pandora finally for our FOP
FP There was no photopass photographer as we went in which we were disappointed with as we wanted to get a photo. Never mind.

We aren't big Avatar fans, Chris and I seen it YEARS ago but the kids have never seen it. My memory is so crap I honestly can't remember it, however, we appreciated the beauty of it. Pandora is a beautiful place to walk through, especially in the dark.

Thomas and I went on first and Chris went for a walk with Caitlin and Noah.

Meanwhile Thomas and I finally got into the chamber. We were then directed to our seats ... my heart was in my mouth. Those of you who've read the rest of the report will know that on Day 3 Thomas and I got this far before he vomitted everywhere meaning we had to abandon the ride

I watched Thomas like a hawk and he said don't worry mam I'm not going to be sick

We finally got to ride it!

And it was AMAZING. I was really worried as you may know I suffer from motion sickness and I thought it would really affect me. It did at one point but then it subsided. The ride is done so well and so life like, I only wish we'd got to ride it more than once.

Thomas came off saying it was awesome He had loved it and couldn't wait to go back on with dad ... lucky so and so!

On our way out we grabbed a Night Blossom drink with a snack credit again. Chris and Thomas then went on.

I knew the wait would be over half an hour so we decided to head over to Yak N Yeti to get some chicken fried rice as this was on our snack list.

Yak N Yeti Food Cafe

We got the chicken fried rice as a snack credit.

Chicken Fried Rice - $5.25

Now we knew it would be small but didn't expect it to be as small as it was sadly I don't think I managed to get a decent photo of the actual size, but the box easily fit in the palm of Caitlin's hand. Caitlin and I tried it and really didn't like it. We just felt it had a really weird taste to it but we couldn't figure out what it was. I was disappointed as I wanted to really like this as I love chicken fried rice at home. We left some for Chris to try when we met back later.

Chris had wanted to try the pulled pork fries from Flame Tree BBQ so we headed over the bridge to there. I had texted Chris and told him where we were ... in the end I had to phone him and direct him as he didn't have the sense to check his phone and use the MDE app He eventually arrived just as we got sat down.

Flame Tree

French Fries with Pulled Pork and Cheese - $6.99

The second was pretty much the waste of a credit as it was just fries and cheese sauce but Chris is the only one who likes pork and BBQ So me and the kid's shared the plain fries and cheese. Ideally we could have done with another portion as everyone was getting peckish now. Never mind. Chris loved these and he declared today his favourite food day He didn't like the chicken fried rice either. I wish I'd used a snack credit to try the mandarin lemonade

It was around 7.45pm by now so we decided to head off before the RoL crowds left. The photopass phoographers inside and outside had hardly any queues so we jumped in for some photos

We were back at POR by 8.15pm and Caitlin was begging to go in the pool when it was raining In the end Chris took her down for 20 minutes or so. This came from the child who complained she was getting wet earlier in the day. Yeah I know go figure!

I haven't wrote any notes this evening but I think the kid's will have been asleep by 10pm

STEPS: 14,540
Snacks: 7 USED 109 LEFT
QS Credits: 0 USED- 34 LEFT
TS Credits: 5 USED - 30 LEFT

Edited at 09:34 PM.
caitlinsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
18 Nights POR 1 Night BWV
Unread 5 Jan 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you got to do Flight of Passage and that you enjoyed it

Joan
Unread 5 Jan 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great report👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 6 Jan 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
I'm glad you finally got on FOP. The night time photos of AK and your photopass are lovely. It sounds like this was a great day in the end.

I love that Caitlin wanted to go to the pool in the rain! Kids! Brilliant.

Currently writing
Yo Ho, A Disney Life for Me - Summer 2020 pre trip
The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

Now complete Washington DC October 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ been and gone, back to CBR
Unread 6 Jan 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Glad you got to do Flight of Passage and that you enjoyed it

Joan
So was I Joan, FOP is a brilliant ride, just wish we could have gone back on again x
caitlinsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 6 Jan 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great report👍
Thanks for reading x
Unread 6 Jan 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm glad you finally got on FOP. The night time photos of AK and your photopass are lovely. It sounds like this was a great day in the end.

I love that Caitlin wanted to go to the pool in the rain! Kids! Brilliant.
I was too, I just wish we could have went on again

We couldn't believe our luck with the photopasses and no queues, when we came in they were both long lines.

It was a lovely day in the end, apart from the rain

She baffles me, she really does xx
Unread 6 Jan 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

The driver must have thought you were nuts doing a round trip to AKL via POR, I am so relieved you didnt give up on your FP though! I'm so pleased you both enjoyed it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
French Quarter & Boardwalk
Discount Florida Car Hire