Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
US Rent A Car
Unread 25 Jun 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkspideruk View Post
I'd say if u have space in your case take cereal with you - the cereal in the usa is vile and really expensive compared to over here

NOOOOOO, this is entirelty wrong. They have some great cerials, cinabon breakfast cerial is the best EVER!

ALso they have some amazing toaster strudle type things, or get some Jimmy Dean sauasge muffins etc.

As for spending money, id say Tel N Kel are bang on with what they say, my replty would have been identical word for word.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you both like a glass of wine or a beer I would recommend buying at Wal-Mart. It's much cheaper than drinking alcohol with a meal or at the parks.

For your main question if it was me going for 2 weeks with 2 adults I would take 2K

Wishing you a fantastic holiday
Unread 25 Jun 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
NOOOOOO, this is entirelty wrong. They have some great cerials, cinabon breakfast cerial is the best EVER!

ALso they have some amazing toaster strudle type things, or get some Jimmy Dean sauasge muffins etc.

As for spending money, id say Tel N Kel are bang on with what they say, my replty would have been identical word for word.
Lucky Charms the best

Edited at 11:59 AM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
San Fran Orlando Miami
Unread 25 Jun 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Getting Excited

We stay on I Drive too, we allow $100 a day, obviously some days are cheap eats DD Dennys Cicis, then other days Olive Garden Cheesecake Factory Outback, it evens itself out though. Go to Walmart or Walgreens whichever is nearer for you, buy a 24 or 48 pack of water, hopefully you have a fridge/ freezer, then you can take some to the parks, saves a few dollars
Sign up to the loyalty clubs too a few days before, get freebies free starter or dessert
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
San Fran Orlando Miami
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We are 2 adults and 1 8 year old travelling october staying 2 weeks offsite, we are planning on taking 4k and praying this is enough. We have breakfast and tusker booked and a table booked at TRex other than those we will be grabbing something as we go.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Florida Holiday starts in
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Apprentice Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
$20 per day food I think that is a bit light. Three of us and we allow $100 per day food and normally are just under. This is general America not just Orlando and I know Orlando is a bit cheaper than other places but I still think $20 a day not enough a coffee is $3+ in Starbucks and the same for water a Big Mac meals is what $6 ?
Not really we have a big breakfast at the hotel we usually have a light snack during the day or share an entree if especially hungry but to be honest some days we just skip lunch and have an icecream or some crisps and then a bigger meal in the evening. We usually dont even spend $20 (also thats $20 each not between us so we are only like $12 less than you) if we eat at hard rock or bahama breeze then obv its more but it works out either way.

We dont drink tea or coffee so thats not a thing for me. Im also not a fan of fizzy drinks so tend to take squash or squeezables to parks to have with iced water. If i have a meal that includes a drink in the parks ill get a bottle of juice or water to take away with me and just have iced water at the table. That's not being cheap i generally drink water or squash at home anyways.
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Apprentice Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post

I really hate America cereal when i worked at epcot i had my mum post me out plain rice crispies or cornflakes. I cant be doing with all the sugar and random cinnamon stuff also wth are fruit loops made of? Not fruit!

Lol on the flipside i got addicted to butter on popcorn out there whixh most people think is gross!

Each to their own eh?
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KevinCosmos
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
We are 2 adults and 1 8 year old travelling october staying 2 weeks offsite, we are planning on taking 4k and praying this is enough. We have breakfast and tusker booked and a table booked at TRex other than those we will be grabbing something as we go.
Sounds like a very healthy budget to me.

Spending in Orlando is as flexible as you are - You can choose to do it very budget friendly if you make some decisions:
  • buy water and take into park
  • Sign up for loyalty schemes for free desserts or appetisers, choose to eat at less expensive restaurants)
  • If staying off-site I would always recommend Uber or Lyft, you could even take the bus one way and Uber/Lyft return to save some costs.
  • If you get on the I-Trolley to go to any of the outlet malls, make sure to take one of the brochures as you can exchange a token in them for a discount booklet at the mall (i.e. additional 10% off in certain shops)
  • Take a look at Dine4Less card which offers savings on restaurants - if you plan your meals out then you can easily save a lot of money using something like this
KevinCosmos is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW Lake Buena Vista
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less