Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Jun 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile If you have ddp would you downgrade to qdsp?

If you have paid for ddp would you downgrade to qdsp if it meant saving money or would you suck it up and pay the tips to have the better dining plan? Im trying to weigh up my options as to what plan will suit me better
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

We will be going for our second time on site and have paid for upgrading the dining plan again. For me it is worth it since we plan on again doing about 4/5 character meals and a signature restaurant or two.

The character meals alone make it worth it for us while our daughter is so young.

If I knew I wasn't planning so many character meals, I could see myself potentially sticking with QSDP and seeing how much TS we actually do when it's not "forced" but I think its hard to guess for someone else if it's worth it or not?

Your best option is to try do a daily plan so you can pick places you would eat with a TS credit and an alternative if you didn't have and try judge if you think you would be missing out?
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
If you have paid for ddp would you downgrade to qdsp if it meant saving money or would you suck it up and pay the tips to have the better dining plan? Im trying to weigh up my options as to what plan will suit me better
I didn't get free dining for my next trip and I did not buy a dining plan. I am glad to be plan free, I am booking whatever ADRs I want without counting credits and it means I can eat what I want from the menu, we sometimes might like just a couple of starters, we definitely don't want desserts. On the downside, hard to justify character meals without a dining plan as I can't bring myself to pay $80-$120 for a buffet.

So to your question, no I wouldn't downgrade it, but I might go without it altogether. I think you need to have a think about where you would like to eat though and in particular how many character meals you would like.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It depends. Did you get QSDP free and pay to upgrade? Or did you have a room only booking and pay for DDP?
I wouldn’t pay for QSDP but happy to have got it free and have decided to use our gift cards (we have $300 this year and next) to pay for a few TS meals. If I was paying for a dining plan though I would pay for DDP as there are always TS meals we want to do and I’d feel too guilty paying extra for meals if we had paid for QSDP if that makes sense.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I think alot depends on the profile of your group.

If you want disney for the kids, then DDP is the way to go. Its so much easier to meet characters etc etc

If you do not want that and have been in most restaurants then the QSPD lets you take off the eating ball and chain and provides much more spontaneity.

By the way, DDP or QSDP have nothing whatsoever to do with quality imho. Disney quality is great whatever.

Disney332
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Both have advantages, character meals are eye wateringly expensive for what they are off the free dining plan but QS means more play time and more spontaneous days as you aren't having to fit in with ADRs .
QS has some great options , it's certainly not all burgers and some really interesting places at World Showcase and DS especially.
We used the free gift card to offset some of the TS tip costs which made it a more manageable amount.
As you are at PO with the boat to DS so lovely and easy and decent QS options at your resort QS is certainly viable.

Edited at 12:46 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It will be my 4yr old and i that are there and in my original booking booked cbr with free qdsp and paid £280 to upgrade to ddp. Im not wanting wall to wall character meals but i like the idea they are covered and the refillabe cup also was a winner as my wee boy loves juice. But the qsdp means no tips and no "restrictions" as such on our time. Ahh its such a hard choice
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've paid to upgrade for myself and dd. It means food and drink is mostly covered and we can do character meals etc without worrying about the extra cost. I dont want to be worrying about money for meals when out there. It will also give us a decent break from the heat and crowds etc... getting the qsdp would mainly mean counter service, well trying to carry food and drinks with a young child and struggling to find somewhere to sit...no thank you!
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Different things suit different people. We are two adults with no children, and we're foodies. A couple of hours in a quiet, air conditioned restaurant being waited on hand and foot is a large part of how we relax. Grabbing something from a counter service restaurant to eat when you're hungry is fine, but we can't do that more than a day or so.

We stayed at SSR last time, and it cost the same to stay there with free DDP as it would have done to stay at POR and upgrade the free QSDP. Absolute no brainer.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you are t bothered about the hard to get restaurants you can easily pick up a ts at any time if the day if you haven’t booked one . Many people drop adrs for many reasons while they are there .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List