Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Florida Escapes
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Dancing with Tink'

Favourite airline?

Sorry if this has been done to death, I figure it's always worth having an up to date topic as things change.

Who is your favourite airline to fly to Florida with? Flights are looking pretty cheap for when we want to go so have our pick! We will be flying economy for what it's worth, economy doesn't bother us in the slightest and would rather spend potential upgrade money elsewhere.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For us it's simply a 9 hour bus ride in a tin tube that gets us safely across the Atlantic in reasonable comfort and reasonably on time.

We do fly PE to be fair and have experienced VS, BA and TC many times over the years and none have them have been either too bad never to use them again or so brilliant that we'd only ever consider that airline in future.

We are lucky to visit twice a year mostly in April/May and Nov/Dec. Without fail TC from MAN has been up to 1,000 cheaper than BA and VS in the spring. TC don't do our dates in the autumn but BA are always cheaper for us than VS then but not by the VS/TC spring margin.

Absolutely nothing against VS and if they'd just sharpen their pencils a bit I'd probably go with them if only for the DS check-in on the way home.

Sorry not a definitive reply is it apart from the fact that is the key for us.

Yes the IFE on TC PE is much poorer than on VS but not a thousand pounds poorer for us anyway.

Not flown into SFB since 2008 and never flown Tui.

Mick
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Dancing with Tink'

Thank you. I'm a bit nervous about TC and Norwegian just from what you read in the press about their financial situation.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Personally I would BA or Virgin, for the reservations you have.

I would not want the faf of a failure and dealing with potential fall out

Disney332
Unread 25 Jun 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Thank you. I'm a bit nervous about TC and Norwegian just from what you read in the press about their financial situation.
I think that every single airline has had financial warnings over the years but it's naturally your decision.

Our four flights with TC have been since 2015 and we are booked with them for next April. If they aren't around then I'll have to get my CC payment back and rebook with some other operator. But I suppose anyone can go bust in the next 10 months

Mick
Unread 25 Jun 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS

We flew via Travel City Direct about 15 times into SFB before they went bust in 2008. Got our money back and rebooked with Virgin the same day.

Guess I'm just an eternal optimist when it comes to holidays.

Mick
Unread 25 Jun 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We've done Norwegian the last couple of trips and I really like them.
This coming trip is BAout I avoid Virgin as I'm just not a fan as they are the only airline I've had what I could call bad flights with. They are rarely the cheapest anyway.

Moving to indirect I prefer the US carriers mainly because if there are delays I find them far more responsive . We fly back from MIA with AA and of the twoim looking forward to that flight more.

Interestingly looking at prebooked seats BA start at 29 pp AA (with far more at the lowest price and decent seats start at 9 pp (we are on basic fares but currently both flights are wide open so not bothering to prebooked currently). A massive difference.

Edited at 01:18 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cheeky week, cruise and no parks
Unread 25 Jun 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

I prefer BA or virgin, but haven't been with virgin for many years as their prices are too high and they tend to have more screaming kids on the flight than BA as they tend to more do the holiday packages.

I think Norwegian premium looks good for the money, but I wouldn't risk it with them, as apart from their financial situation, if they have a problem with a flight they don't have the back up BA do.

There is a large element of luck on any flight/airline, as some crews are good, and some not so good.
mickey house is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
My lucky wife