Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Florida Tix
Unread 25 Jun 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

BA would have to be exceptionally cheap for us to fly with them. Worst configurations of aircraft and pretty poor service. Fly quite a bit and they are consistently worse than others (have to use them for work if cheapest unfortunately)

We tend to fly KLM via our local airport which can often be Delta for the transatlantic flight. This year will be Logan Air and then Thomas Cook.

Have flown with Norwegian, West Jet etc as budget airlines and as long as you understand what you are getting in the price they are good airlines.

Virgin, Air New Zealand, United, AA, etc are all fine for transatlantic flights.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the West Coast
Unread 25 Jun 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
Sorry Mick, it was a fly-drive.

In Nov 2017 we went BA/Avis fly-drive because the WT+ price for two of us with a full size car for four weeks was cheaper than the VS PE flight alone. Not seen that since though

Mick
Unread 25 Jun 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Weve flown with virgin who were excellent albeit cold on the flight back, and Norwegian who were very good.

We are due to fly Ba for the first time in August - the day of the planned strikes! So who knows, maybe well be flying emirates or whoever else they call in ! Will let you know how they fare!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
To the West coast...and beyond!
Unread 25 Jun 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

I prefer TUI or Virgin, never had a good experience with BA. TUI are good as flying to Sanford is pretty quiet, but actually MCO is fine with Virgin. Either way both planes are good, Dreamliner with TUI and Virgin 747s, always go in the bubble! The 747s are going soon though :-(
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW 2018 - our sixth time to WDW :-)
Unread 26 Jun 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have flown Virgin, BA and United recently and Aer Lingus soon All have been good especially BA. I genuinely didn't think Virgin was better than the others. Deciding factor is price and cheapest is best for us.
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 26 Jun 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I tend to fly with Virgin as I collect air miles and can use them out of season without problem, but Id consider any direct airline.
I do wish that BA would stop the seemingly frequent threat of strike action though, as it definitely impacts upon my decision to book with them.
Im pretty easy going with flights though. Give me a seat and get me there without incident and its fine.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less