Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Jun 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I've stayed in all four hotels and have had no problems with any of them. Remember that people are much more likely to post negative reviews than positive so what you read isn't always a good representation of reality.

Personally I rate the four hotels as follows...

1 - Sequioa Lodge - lovely theming and not too far to walk to the parks. My first choice if I have the budget and/or want use of a pool
2 - Cheyenne - fantastic theming and my other first choice if my budget is lower. The walk is a bit further but its a lovely walk along the river
3 - Newport Bay - stayed here in March and while it was fine and is a nice hotel I wouldn't return unless I got a really good deal. I had a room right at the end of the corridor so I had to walk for ages before I even got out of the hotel. Distance-wise it felt similar to Cheyenne/Santa Fe. I didn't feel it was worth its extra premium
4 - Santa Fe - stayed here a few times and returning in the summer. I'm not mad about the theming but I'm more than happy to stay here if that's what my budget allows.
HFJohnson is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wdwaugust17
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We stayed in the Santa Fe last August. We were really unsure on booking but I was really impressed. Theming was good, room size for three was good and the beds were comfortable. As someone earlier said to be fair we do not spend much time in the room so we’re happy to pay a little less on that hotel. As an additional bonus the hotel restaurant La Cantina was really good with no complaints about the food. 👍
Wdwaugust17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've stayed at all 3 - Santa Fe x 1 (first trip 1997), SL x 4 and Cheyenne x 5. SL is lovely , especially in winter with the log fire etc but our choice is now Cheyenne. We've had 5 great trips there with no problems or complaints and we certainly enjoy it just as much as SL; the theming is great. For a value hotel we can't fault it. The 15 min walk to the parks is lovely along the canal side and past the lake (- quicker and nicer than the bus.)
From one of my trippies:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=989117
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 09:52 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We absolutely loved the theming at Cheyenne, and would very happily stay there again. The temperature was 37 degrees every day of our stay, and we were very uncomfortable in the heat outside, but our room was fine. It would be a bit warm when we got in, but we’d out the fan on and it would soon feel fine again (it might have helped that we were in a ground floor room with plenty of shade from the trees outside.) The beds were comfy, and we enjoyed breakfast in Chuck Wagon.

Our latest trip was very low budget, as it was only a few months after staying in the DLH at Christmas. We stayed in Santa Fe in May half term, and were perfectly satisfied with it at the price we paid (£600 for 5 days, 2 adults and 2 children.) It didn’t have any particularly appealing theming in or out of the hotel, but we liked the food at La Cantina. The room was nothing special, but we didn’t need it to be - it was just a base for us to easily walk into the parks and enjoy all the amazing things there.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List