Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Jul 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Newbie74
Proud to wear my Ears

Dollar car hire and sat nav

Hi all, has anyone any experience on whether the cars have sat nav with dollar car hire? I’m under the impression that all cars should have them pre installed. Am I wishful thinking
Apologies if this has been asked already

Thanks in advance
Newbie74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Wishful thinking. Some may have them but luck of the draw. The rental companies would prefer to rent one to you for silly $$$.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Wishful thinking. Some may have them but luck of the draw. The rental companies would prefer to rent one to you for silly $$$.
some of the cars higher up the classes eg luxury, premium etc may have them but it is likely they will have been disabled or the subscription has run out.

Some dibbers have reported getting a car with a working sat nav, but it is hit or miss, and knowing Dollar who will do anything to extract a few extra dollars from you, I would consider it very unlikely

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Newbie74
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Oh ok, so better get one sorted then! Thanks for the reply Andy 👍🏻
Newbie74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Newbie74
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
some of the cars higher up the classes eg luxury, premium etc may have them but it is likely they will have been disabled or the subscription has run out.

Some dibbers have reported getting a car with a working sat nav, but it is hit or miss, and knowing Dollar who will do anything to extract a few extra dollars from you, I would consider it very unlikely
I have heard some negative stuff about Dollar so I’ll be armed with no thank yous at the desk 😜

Think I may have left it too late now 😩

Thanks for the reply 👍🏻
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by Newbie74 View Post
I have heard some negative stuff about Dollar so I’ll be armed with no thank yous at the desk 😜

Think I may have left it too late now 😩

Thanks for the reply 👍🏻
Is this the first time you have driven in Florida ? If not and you know your way around well enough to find the way to your accommodation from the airport I would wait until you are there and go to Walmart and buy a cheap unit.

Alternatively there are smart phone solutions eg you can download the maps for the area on to your phone and use Google Maps

I wouldn't hire one from Dollar, or if you are going to, wait till you are there and barter with them to see if you can get a good price

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As Robert says download something like "Here we go" free to your phone and download the Florida maps now whilst you can on Wifi.

Won't use data over there. We don't use satnav over there unless we're out in the sticks but the couple of times that we have it's been faultless.

Mick