Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jul 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
It would be nice for VH to tell us something.

Surely they would save a lot of time by being upfront. Crumbs I am no IT expert but even I could extract email addresses from the list and send a bulk email out.

Come on VH how hard is it to communicate with your customers?
Like you say, how hard is it for them to contact everyone. If not, then at least the agents should be informed better. VH just need to be upfront with everyone affected.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

this is heartbreaking to read all of these posts in this thread. We are going in Oct 19 and staying at POFQ but booked directly with Disney. I didn't even bother looking at VH as they have always been far too expensive when I have looked for quotes before.
I sincerely hope that you all get this sorted out and you get the hotel you wanted and booked.
I look forward to unkowingly seeing you all out there.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mccrea
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by disney_daddy View Post
awful from Virgin if true, but remember everyone including Disney UK offered dates for oct onwards upon launch of the offer its only recently these was pulled and they no mention of any booking restrictions apart from the norm on the Disney site either to get free dining. Personally (I know I in a minority here) I see a botched launch of the offer and miscommunication from Disney US to its UK agents its the only thing in my mind that explains why dates was pulled mid offer and hotels offering the free dining too. Virgin have acted the slowest so made things worse for themselves.

Its looking more likely anyway that Free dining wont be returning after this year or be even diluted maybe nothing at a value, 1QS credit at a moderate etc.
Agreed, and personally I wouldn’t have much faith in some remote call centre agent at Disney having the true story here.. the equivalent of ‘a bus driver at Disney told me..’ I appreciate the poster was just doing it to be helpful though.
Mccrea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mccrea
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
I agree we have no idea what contracts exist however if Disney have reneged on their contract with VH then VH would be saying so I am sure.
And commit business suicide? Disney would shut them down.

I do sincerely hope though that you and your wife get your holiday without all of this stress..
Mccrea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

I dont think that disney have reneged on any contract. I think its more a case of virgin being allocated a certain number of rooms by disney but booking way beyond this. Probably in other years disney have said "no problem, heres another 100 rooms", however this year virgin gave been told no more available, probably due to the rumoured sw launch.
Old 17 Jul 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by thingy003 View Post
this is heartbreaking to read all of these posts in this thread. We are going in Oct 19 and staying at POFQ but booked directly with Disney. I didn't even bother looking at VH as they have always been far too expensive when I have looked for quotes before.
I sincerely hope that you all get this sorted out and you get the hotel you wanted and booked.
I look forward to unkowingly seeing you all out there.
Have you been able to link your reservation? We have also booked FQ through Disney direct. Not tried to link yet as I don’t want it messing up our Oct trip. But hoping it links ok later?
Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Have you been able to link your reservation? We have also booked FQ through Disney direct. Not tried to link yet as I don’t want it messing up our Oct trip. But hoping it links ok later?
Kat
Hi. You don't need to worry about linking next year's booking on MDE messing up this year's trip. I'm going this September and next September. I recently linked next September's on there and they're both showing I've booked ADRs and fast passes for this September's trip without any problems.

Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
I dont think that disney have reneged on any contract. I think its more a case of virgin being allocated a certain number of rooms by disney but booking way beyond this. Probably in other years disney have said "no problem, heres another 100 rooms", however this year virgin gave been told no more available, probably due to the rumoured sw launch.
I would agree if it was only Virgin that removed allocated rooms mid offer but it was every UK travel agent including Disney UK that did so but rooms and resorts are still fully available for oct 2019 on the USA Disney site, Virgin have been and still are useless sorting this out I myself am affected with my virgin booking but I dont believe its 100% there fault and Disney did move the goal posts mid offer somewhat so they can charge domestic customers full rack room rates for star wars land, just my opinion.

Edited at 11:41 PM.
disney_daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Kat
Hi Kat, our linked on MDE about a week ago and everything seems to be as it should be.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by thingy003 View Post
Hi Kat, our linked on MDE about a week ago and everything seems to be as it should be.
Might be a chance of finding out soon if that disney booking linked approx 463 days to go and i'm on 472 but with Virgin probably not going to hear for ages, ah well back to checking 3 times per day lol
Fancealot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List