Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Jul 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Just to be correct, out park tickets were not credited for this holiday the next one will include park access.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

OP it often isn’t the initial complaint that is the problem but the attitude to resolution.

I had problems in AKL Jambo last holiday and was made to feel like I was accusing mouskeeping of theft. The guy was very rude and tried to pass me off to wait in my room for the supervisor. I told him I wasn’t wasting the end of my holiday waiting for hours for someone so he was able to resolve the situation but I had to push. Not totally happy but I let it go.

The DVC rooms have been refurbished and it makes a great difference to them. I, would ha e complained over the state of the carpet in those photos.

Do you have to use your week in AKL or can you move it to a different resort? If so go for one of the newly refurbished ones.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrbman View Post
Well just a quick update, after long discussions with Disney and much stubbornness on my part. I complained to Disney about the overall experience really souring our time and memory of holiday. For me we should have had a great and magical experience from start to finish on our stay for the money we paid.

It took 3 emails and 2 hours of refusing to budge from the original offer of $500, after sticking to my guns. I was put through to more senior management after 2 hours of being told no. At this point i had told the person all i wanted was an extra $500 for them spoiling or holiday. This was a 100% no up to this point.

But i was put through to senior management , who have really gone the extra mile. They have really surprised me but it did take standing my ground to get there. My advice if you feel its very wront stand your ground and dont stop.

I have now been offered much more than i could have ever expected. They have refunded all my Disney costs in full and offered 7 nights free stay with dining for use at any point in the next 2 years. And entry to the park for the week of stay. I didn't even ask for this.

Thank you Disney, my wife even after this is proving hard to convince to return to Disney, but we will plan a 3 week break in 2020 starting with Disney then exploring Florida.

While i realise many thought the original offer was fair. We didn't they spoilt or memories which is what Disney base their adverts and experience on, anything ;less inst value. Stick to your guns if you feel short changed. You will get the result in the end, say no if what they are offering is unacceptable to you.

At the end of the day if it had been a 19.99 premier in , premier in would have have been disgusted at the state of the cleanliness and refunded in full.

I would avoid animal kingdom as its really due an update. I would pick a recently refurbished resort regardless of grade.
Wow, that’s really a brilliant outcome! Well done!
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I take my hat off to you Mrbman. I once got a $1800 refund but yours is worth probably triple that.
Old 7 Jul 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Wow on the refund!
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad you got it sorted

Terrible that cleanliness etc is even an issue at supposed top resorts

Edited at 02:10 PM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
Oh thats sad!...I think Disney standards have definitely slipped!... We found this at the Poly last year,so bad we moved!...
We stayed in Poly in May, I felt the carpets were always dirty, windows not cleaned, room service trays left in hallways.

Where did you move to? How did Disney deal with it? Did you pay to move?
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Hi...Front desk were very good, it was difficult for them as everywhere was fully booked even AKL, after an hours wait they found us one standard (disabled) room at the Beach Club,they paid taxi across and refunded the difference in resort costs. We were eternally grateful for the move so our holiday could begin!...Like you we were sooo shocked at the Poly ...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
Hi...Front desk were very good, it was difficult for them as everywhere was fully booked even AKL, after an hours wait they found us one standard (disabled) room at the Beach Club,they paid taxi across and refunded the difference in resort costs. We were eternally grateful for the move so our holiday could begin!...Like you we were sooo shocked at the Poly ...
Was BC cheaper than AKL?
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post

I Know its Months later, but just to confirm, we had an apology in the post and given a contact to arrange the week when we want up to the end of 2020.

We are planning to return to Florida in Easter 2020 and is valid at any Deluxe or lower resort.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List