Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 27 Jun 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I love the home store window cleaner I bring some home every time best stuff ever
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I love the home store window cleaner I bring some home every time best stuff ever
Hi Helen - as I'm not sure which store you mean can you be more specific please, link perhaps? Thanks
Old 28 Jun 18, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The brand is Home Store it's in an aresol can just labelled glass cleaner ChrisS from any dollar tree
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kidsx2
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
You will be able to get all of those in dollar tree maybe not all well know brands but perfectly ok
They may also have better know brands as well I usually buy secrets deodorant sticks Colgate tooth paste salon selective shampoo /conditioner etc as well only thing household I buy out side dollar tree is laundry detergent but that's because DH is ultra sensitive to 99%
Of them everything else I buy
Great, thank you for the named brands, I will look out for those.

Originally Posted by Bayshore View Post
You'll be able to get all of those there, and the rest.

We don't bring any toiletries beyond toothbrushes in case we're stranded in airport, everything else is bought on Day 1 and then left behind. Life is just too short to be packing that kind of stuff, and it's a lot cheaper to buy it when you get there too.

You can only order in bulk from their website but have a look here and you'll see exactly what's in stock.
dollartree/
Thank you, I've just had a look on your link, it looks like they sell pretty much everything, I will still probably have a trip to walmart for water and beer but I think that will be about it.

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
I have to admit I take washing powder and shampoo with me with intention of leaving. I am so used to the stuff over here I dont want to cause issue with my skin. We stock up on tin foil sheets and toothpaste as well,.

I figure taking these things with me and leaving gives me space in my case to bring things home.
Good thinking, last year my daughter bought a huge stitch and I had to empty a complete suitcase to fit it in

Originally Posted by pandanne View Post
Buy everything over there and leave behind although at the end of three weeks it's not much We have found dishwasher soap and washing detergent along with various bits n pieces, that have been left by previous occupiers (unless you're in a villa/condo used by a holiday company - where the cleaners remove everything)! As Bayshore says life is too short to pack these things.
We are staying in Cane Island and have booked with Travel Republic so I assume we will have to provide all our own things.
kidsx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
kidsx2
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by making49 View Post
I love a Dollar Tree shop, they even had Pears Soap and Ajax Cleaning Powder (hadn't seen those in a long time).

DH sits out in the car and waits, his idea of hell!
Thank you, thats good to know

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya kidsx - like Helen (Gryff) at $1 a throw, so you really can't go wrong, we buy all required toiletries/laundry/cleaning at Dollar Tree, but, not loo paper, that has to be Cottonelle but we only buy when on offer, so we ensure there's plenty left for our Nov arrival. Below are links to some items we buy:

Laundry detergent (3rd row down in the middle, LA's Totally Awesome Oxygen powered). Used that for years. You'll see the 'star' rating by each item.

LA's Totally Awesome cleaner - we use this to clean everything in the house bar mirrors/glass.

We use the EAD Sunblock DT were selling in-store, alternatively they offer Max Block. Having read an article in National Geographic, following a survey of around 35 sunblocks from the most expensive to the cheapest, supposedly the best sunblock is Equate Ultra Protection (Walmart).

I appreciate this may be too big a bottle for you, but as our gear remains in Fl it'll be used when we get back, I bought 32 oz of Silkience hair conditioner - it's brilliant, makes my hair soft with no tangles, brush goes thro easy! 32 oz for a buck!

Their 'over the counter' meds are excellent value for those visiting for a couple/few weeks.

Have a good root thro their website, but bear in mind some items are in-store but may not be showing on-line.

Thank you very much, this is really helpful. The only thing I think I might need to go to walmart for is water, pop, alcohol, toilet roll and maybe a few snacks. Do you think Walmart is the best place to go for these? Thank you again.
kidsx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kidsx2 View Post
Thank you very much, this is really helpful. The only thing I think I might need to go to walmart for is water, pop, alcohol, toilet roll and maybe a few snacks. Do you think Walmart is the best place to go for these? Thank you again.
Hi kidsx, you'll get loo roll, kitchen roll, water and snack items at DT and perhaps acceptable pop too (hubs likes Winn Dixies own Chek brand, 79c for a 2 litre bottle, their caffeine free diet coke is similar to UK Pepsi Max, when in Fl I like the powdered Crystal Light in raspberry and lemon). DT's loo roll may be ok too, it's simply that we prefer Cottonelle.

To be honest there's not much you won't get from DT, it's a bit like Lidl and Aldi, we may not know the brand name but that doesn't make the items unpleasant.
Old 29 Jun 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kidsx2
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi kidsx, you'll get loo roll, kitchen roll, water and snack items at DT and perhaps acceptable pop too (hubs likes Winn Dixies own Chek brand, 79c for a 2 litre bottle, their caffeine free diet coke is similar to UK Pepsi Max, when in Fl I like the powdered Crystal Light in raspberry and lemon). DT's loo roll may be ok too, it's simply that we prefer Cottonelle.

To be honest there's not much you won't get from DT, it's a bit like Lidl and Aldi, we may not know the brand name but that doesn't make the items unpleasant.
Thank you ChrisS, seems like I can pretty much everything from Dollar Tree then I will still have to call somewhere for some beer/wine but it can just be a nip in and out job. Thank you all fro your help
Old 8 Jul 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Walgreens, 7-11 and CVS all sell reasonably priced Beer, wine and drinks if you don't fancy Walmart.

I flippin' love Dollar Tree! we usually go early December so I go in for Xmas bits to bring home.
When my niece and nephew were young I would go into Dollar tree and spend loads on bits for goody bags when we got home.
I was in card factory here last week and I wanted the sparkly table weights, the girl on the till said £1.99 and I said no as I know they are only $1 in DT
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
kidsx2
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Walgreens, 7-11 and CVS all sell reasonably priced Beer, wine and drinks if you don't fancy Walmart.

I flippin' love Dollar Tree! we usually go early December so I go in for Xmas bits to bring home.
When my niece and nephew were young I would go into Dollar tree and spend loads on bits for goody bags when we got home.
I was in card factory here last week and I wanted the sparkly table weights, the girl on the till said £1.99 and I said no as I know they are only $1 in DT
Thank you, I never even thought about those places. I just automatically think Walmart, Publix etc. Definately another option though, thanks
Old 18 Jul 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

QUOTE: I appreciate this may be too big a bottle for you, but as our gear remains in Fl it'll be used when we get back, I bought 32 oz of Silkience hair conditioner - it's brilliant, makes my hair soft with no tangles, brush goes thro easy! 32 oz for a buck

Wow, that’s a brand name I’ve not seen in years! As an (older) teenager I used Silkience (in the UK) - used to love it - not really sure why I stopped using it now - could’ve been when I got my 1st perm & switched to something else! 😉

Edited at 11:36 PM. Reason: Add to text
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List