Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jun 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mb9466
Earning My Ears

:) Thomas cook upgrade to premium

Hey guys!

just wondering if anyone has ever upgraded to premium after already booking standard seats? or upgraded on the day?

Just wondering if the prices are likely to be ridiculous?

Thanks for any replies!
Mb9466 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mb9466 View Post
Hey guys!

just wondering if anyone has ever upgraded to premium after already booking standard seats? or upgraded on the day?

Just wondering if the prices are likely to be ridiculous?

Thanks for any replies!
I thought as a rule it was normally fully booked long before departure
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

A couple sitting next to me upgraded at the airport from San Francisco and paid $500 for the two of them. At the time of booking, it was only about £60 more to book premium so I think they were ripped off.

It was a very quiet flight though and I don't know how often this happens.

I would say Thomas Cook premium is only worth what you would spend on extra legroom seats, entertainment upgrade, drinks and extra luggage if needed. The in-flight service is what you would expect in economy from any of the others, so not worth the extra in my opinion. The food was terrible.

The seats in economy were pretty good, as was the food so my preference would be to save the extra for Florida
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey99
Helping Mickey

mickey99's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
the service on tc was far better than we got with virgin dont see why theres a big virgin love in tbh
mickey99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Keep an eye on the prices. We were lucky last year, about 3 months before we were due to go, all prices came down. We had 4 seats in economy and had paid for seats together. I kicked myself when economy prices came down but I realised premium had also come down. A quick call to TC and we had great seats in premium for just £5 each more than I had already paid out.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

They offered it for £90 each when we were sat on the plane. I was surprised it wasn’t full as it was a summer flight. Obviously there’s a high chance that there won’t be any empty seats. We didn’t take them up on the offer as there were 4 of us and we had it booked for our return journey.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I have just called for a quote for our flight to New york for next April. I was told there was no premium economy on the homeward flight but the flight out would be an extra £460 for 2 people. I quickly declined
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

I checked the cost of upgrading about 3-4 months ago. It was approx £400 each. Checked last week - £700 each! 😐😫

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Did this yesterday and got some insight from the Travel Agent.

We originally booked over a month ago and wanted Premium but there were none available that we wanted (two together on their own).
Last week I went to TC Airlines and pretended to buy tickets and there were two available as we wanted. These at TC Agents had shown unavailable.

Went into TC who said seats are allocated to Thomas Cook Holidays and Thomas Cook Airlines. I think they try and sell them on Airlines first.

She said if they don't show up on her Agent booking website then she would call/webchat with Airlines to "have one of theirs" (why she couldn't do this for us originally I don't know!)

This is what we did and got the upgrade for £160 each both ways.

So, moral of the story, there's a "chance" seats could be available but bear in mind many people ask at Check-in so likely to go quickly BUT do try before hand and if, like me, you find availability, speak to TC.

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mb9466
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone! I’ve been keeping an eye on prices, I’ll give them a call tomorrow!
Mb9466 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List