Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tyke
Proud to wear my Ears

San Francisco Airport Transfer

Hi all

Well, after many months of planning, we're only just over 2 weeks away from our first ever family California Road Trip!

Our itinerary is finally complete (after several drafts and re-drafts) and the hotels, car hire, park tickets, dining reservations, tours and excursions have been booked... its been a busy few months!

We are flying in to San Francisco, where we will spend our first 4 days of the trip and will be collecting our hire car the day we leave SF for Yosemite.

I've had a search around the web and Pleasant Limos seem to get rave reviews for their service. I've received a quote of $90 (including 20% service charge 'tip') for a one way journey from the airport to our hotel near Fisherman's Wharf.

Does this seem like a fair price to pay?

Is there anyone else you recommend?

By the way, the transfer is for 2 adults, 2 young boys, 6 suitcases, a car seat and stroller (...and the kitchen sink!) so public transport is a no go... and after an 11 hour flight a shared shuttle with drop off's is not ideal for us.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
tyke is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
$90 incl tip seems very fair

We paid $80 for 5 of us in 2016 for a dedicated van

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I just emailed the hotel where I’m staying who they would recommend and this was who they sent through
airportexpresssf/
I’ve not priced it yet but see how it fairs
Old 5 Jul 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Its been a few years but I used a company called Execucar who are a subsidiary company of Super Shuttle. I can't remember how much I paid but they were great, used them twice.
Old 5 Jul 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Try Wingz, we got 3 & luggage for $47 each way. Pre-booked a few weeks before we left, great communication with drivers. We used it also in LA and Miami and had excellent service each time. It will give you a quote online by putting in how many people & cases etc.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

We used Wingz as well. 50 bucks all in to Fisherman's Wharf.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tyke View Post
Hi all

Well, after many months of planning, we're only just over 2 weeks away from our first ever family California Road Trip!

Our itinerary is finally complete (after several drafts and re-drafts) and the hotels, car hire, park tickets, dining reservations, tours and excursions have been booked... its been a busy few months!

We are flying in to San Francisco, where we will spend our first 4 days of the trip and will be collecting our hire car the day we leave SF for Yosemite.

I've had a search around the web and Pleasant Limos seem to get rave reviews for their service. I've received a quote of $90 (including 20% service charge 'tip') for a one way journey from the airport to our hotel near Fisherman's Wharf.

Does this seem like a fair price to pay?

Is there anyone else you recommend?

By the way, the transfer is for 2 adults, 2 young boys, 6 suitcases, a car seat and stroller (...and the kitchen sink!) so public transport is a no go... and after an 11 hour flight a shared shuttle with drop off's is not ideal for us.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi- no advice on the transfer but we are On a similar countdown - can’t wait
Old 5 Jul 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
$90 strikes me as pricy for what isn't a particularly long journey.

The $50 others have mentioned strikes me as more what I'd expect to pay. I wasn't going to book a transfer for us - either taking a rank cab or calling an Uber, but then again we're there in 5 weeks and currently have no plans, no hotel bookings and no nothing.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

$90 is not bad at all. But 6 suitcases! Eek! Try not to overpack. It will be rough going moving that much stuff about on a road trip esp with 2 little ones.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

We’ve got almost the same countdown
We haven’t booked any airport transfer was just going to get an Uber hopefully once I work out how to use the app
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List