Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jul 18, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

For us it was Ohana 😕.
I was really excited to get a reservation, and to be fair, we were seated quickly. Our server was very friendly and told us it was ‘all you care to eat’ but the food service was very poor. I don’t eat wings or pot stickers and asked for extra salad. He huffed a bit and came back ages later. He only came round once with the skewers and seemed to disappear! The table of Americans next to us got a bit huffy and he brought out more skewers. We managed to catch his eye and got some too.
Food wise, the bread was cold and dry, the chicken was horrid ( gristly slimy etc) and the pudding cold.
On a positive, the salad and noodles were yummy.
We won’t be going back ever.
In fact we are contemplating not doing DDP next year at all.

We loved San Angel Inn. It’s the one place I must go every trip😀

Edited at 12:37 AM.
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Aren't you going to be a little ray of joy and sunshine to be around on holiday LOL

As you say you are going for the first time so perhaps don't realise that you don't *have* to preplan everything , a few key ADRs and fastpasses are enough you don't need to squeeze in every single character experience or photo op either and you certainly don't need to eat nothing but chicken and burgers unless you want to ! I've never eaten chips at WDW either .

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but maybe you'll find you've made a few assumptions and will be pleasantly surprised once you've actually visited !

Don't forget Food and Wine is on at EPCOT when you are there and there's a lots of snack credit definitely not burgers or chicken type foods to try there !

You've got me thinking now when the last was I had a burger in the US (we don't just do Florida) and it's several years at least , during a road trip somewhere between Idaho and Nevada and MaccyDs was a quick refuelling stop but other than that ... just like at home there's always other options.

Cheer up you might even have a great holiday

Originally Posted by greeny1968 View Post
Has anybody said this but my opinion, and I am going for the first time in September, is that disney, from the second you arrive to the second you leave, is a rip off. We are all sucked in to the experience and the magic, which is why we go. It stresses you before you go, trying to get the restaurant reservations you want, the fast passes you need, and to squeeze all the charcter experiences and shows you can in the 2 weeks you are there. At the end, you are drained and skint, but do it all again next year.

So... is the food we eat in between all this, really that important, it’s burgers, chips, and chicken, what do you expect.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
We found Plaza a decent table-service/AC pit-stop at MK paying OOP. As we were off-site, and doing full park days, it allowed for a long break and the service was very good.
This is a 'hidden gem'- nearly Quick Service prices, decent American style food, I am booked in, 2 weeks today I think it is.
Old 17 Jul 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Don't think anyone's mentioned Citricos. Definitely does not live up the hype, and in no way resembles a chic Mediterranean restaurant.

Only been once and was nearly frozen out by aircon, but that wasn't our main gripe. Just thought the whole place was meh, from the decor the atmosphere and the ridiculous wait staff costumes - so frumpy and dowdy and all wearing their big black trainers, ruining the theming of the costume. The food was OK but not memorable. The wait staff were pleasant enough and we did have a nice chat with a French Canadian sommelier which was the highlight, but otherwise, wouldn't rush back.

Sometimes at the signature restaurants, we see large tables of adults having a good time, and I'm sure they have a great experience, but for a couple, I don't think there are many places that are truly sensational.
Old 17 Jul 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Wow ...shocked at Ohana negativity ! ...This year will be our 3rd year running with Ohana included,we all love it there!
We all hated Mama Melrose and would never return!.this one was by far our least favourite ever!..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Did not like 'Ohana. Service was poor and the food wasn't that great.
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tabbycat
Apprentice Imagineer

CRT for Dinner
Expectation 10/10
Reality 3/10

I’m going back to 2008 but I booked this to celebrate my DHs 40th. The food was atrocious and we felt quite sick for the rest of the evening. It was such a shame as I really wanted it to be special. I even had a cake made for him. To cap it off we paid out of pocket for it
Old 18 Jul 18, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm glad that I was never interested to book CRT! 😂
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Anyone who hasn't been and reading about this for the first time would surely conclude that at best the food is hit and miss and at worst it's just terrible all the time.

Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
With the exception of Ohanas which I want to book for next year none of the places mentioned were places that I wanted to book - until someone mentioned Teppan Edo!

I thought people raved about that place on here. But I'm not put off and will still book it for next year.

I also really enjoyed dinner at BOG, my husband not so.

I'm not sure any of the restaurants I've been to at Disney have been a massive disappointment. Possibly the worst meal/restaurant experience we had on our last holiday was at Tony's but I'd read the reviews beforehand so I was probably expecting it to be no where near as good as our first visit, and I was right.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List