Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jul 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by till View Post
just received an email as well, they have moved our flight from heathrow to manchester from 13.15 to 15.15, we land in gatwick at 7.30am, which is 8 hours between flights, have looked and we can fly via phil or dublin but both flights at £1500 more, doubt they will move us to one of those though, so if we cant change then we will have to get the train home and hope there is no come back for not taking our flight from heathrow
Don't look at the price, just give them a call and ask if they'll move you. They moved me on to much better, dearer flights, free of charge.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gizzyspop
Getting Excited

Got the same email yesterday too. We go in Feb.

Looks like we will have to move to an earlier Glasgow flight as well as I don't fancy 10 hour wait.
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nanu View Post
Don't look at the price, just give them a call and ask if they'll move you. They moved me on to much better, dearer flights, free of charge.
thank you so much, just rang and we are now on the orlando to dublin flight, really appreciate your post
till is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gizzyspop
Getting Excited

Changed to the GLA flight instead, took 5 minutes to sort out.

Only 90 minutes of a difference
Old 17 Jul 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We fly 1/10 Edin-LGW-MCO
We return leaving MCO on 22/10 arriving at LGW at 7am
Flight to Edin is 12.10 (BA2940)
Currently this flight shows on the BA timetable but if you try to book the same route now this flight does not show up
Should I be worrying
Had no email regarding any changes
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordie boy 57 View Post
We fly 1/10 Edin-LGW-MCO
We return leaving MCO on 22/10 arriving at LGW at 7am
Flight to Edin is 12.10 (BA2940)
Currently this flight shows on the BA timetable but if you try to book the same route now this flight does not show up
Should I be worrying
Had no email regarding any changes
I wouldn't worry until you get an email

BA do this where they sell out of a price bracket for a ticket and it vanishes for a bit and comes back again at a later date.

Advice to anyone who has a flight cancelled coming back from Orlando to Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Ask to go through Philly if you're going back to Glasgow or JFK if you're going to Edinburgh as these offer direct options, instead of flying overnight through London you'll get into Glasgow/Edinburgh around 7am

If you need an alternative airline option, Virgin/Delta offer flights into Edinburgh via JFK and United via Newark in the summer months.
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
I wouldn't worry until you get an email

BA do this where they sell out of a price bracket for a ticket and it vanishes for a bit and comes back again at a later date.

Advice to anyone who has a flight cancelled coming back from Orlando to Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Ask to go through Philly if you're going back to Glasgow or JFK if you're going to Edinburgh as these offer direct options, instead of flying overnight through London you'll get into Glasgow/Edinburgh around 7am

If you need an alternative airline option, Virgin/Delta offer flights into Edinburgh via JFK and United via Newark in the summer months.
Thanks for that
That is very useful to know
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Weirdo19
Excited about Disney

We have taken the 5pm flight home from Gatwick and plan to go for a day room! Pain in the bum but all alternatives are equally rubbish at least this way we will get a rest before going home. Did think about asking for flight directly home via New York or Philly but don’t want to risk getting snowed in on the East coast which is possible in January! Not looking forward to this journey at all!
Weirdo19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Finally got everything sorted, my advice to anyone that is having an exasperating time on the phone - use Twitter, it makes the "language barrier" so much easier - note to BA move your call centres back to the Uk, it prevents your customers banging their heads against a brick wall.
Edi-GTW-MCo
MCO-GTW-GLA
All reserved seats are now back
Family dropping & picking up.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
versace1888
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by muffinmclean View Post
Hi all,

We are going to Florida in November and returning 10th December, leaving Orlando airport at 18.25, arriving London Gatwick at 0730 (11th December) , then meant to be Gatwick to Edinburgh at 1000 (arrive Edin 11.30)

I got an email yesterday ‘we regret to inform you there has been a time change’ and it’s for the flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh. It’s changed from 0730 to 17.40! 10 hours of a time change! I’d be quicker getting a train back from London.

I haven’t contacted them yet, as I wondered if anyone on here has any advice of what to do when this happens? Haven’t had a chance to properly peruse if any other flights etc but thought would ask all you experienced dibbers

There’s no way I’m hanging around for 10 hours with 2 young kids. We booked they specific flights as they suited us, and I could’ve handled an extra hour or 2, but 10 hours!
The exact same thing happened to us a couple of years ago and we contacted them straight away as we needed home for a competition one of the travellers was in. They ended up paying for a taxi for us from Gatwick to Heathrow so we could get an earlier flight. It’s worth a try telling them you need home sooner especially with the kids xx
versace1888 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List