Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jul 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

New Brexit Secretary is Dominic Raab - he called for the EU working time directive to be scrapped and rights for agency workers to be axed...

frying pan and fire come to mind... (and he is in the Gove camp...)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I am right political threads used to be banned but now in the t & c there is no mention of them. So open season on political threads.
With borris it could be worse Corbin and Abbott could be in power and not resigning.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If May hangs on, the choice will be for the EU to accept the proposal (capitulation) or I think even May will be forced to walk away. So at least it may bring it to a head.
The problem is, this lot on the other side don't compromise, they want everything their own way, until it threatens to kick them out (see Merkel as the latest example),
I fear they are too pig headed, and will still not compromise. They are a very aggressive bunch- just see Tusk's tweets and Juncker's comments today. These are not in any way friends of the UK, never have been. They want the money and tolerate us as a result.
So what is happening now, could actually be the worst result for the remainers out there as it could lead to a walk away.
This is Yorkshire T's political analysis mind, so take with a pinch of salt.

Edited at 05:10 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Oh my goodness, Gove, Johnson and Hunt...
That's why it's so hot, I've ended up in my version of hell!
That thought has fetched a little bit of vomit up into my throat 🤢🤮🤢
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

If May walks away, do we still stay in the EU as if nothing has happened or what happens?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I am right political threads used to be banned but now in the t & c there is no mention of them. So open season on political threads.
Yes we use to blanket ban political topics due to most of them causing arguments.
The T&C's were changed earlier this year to give members more freedom to discuss general topics without the old restrictions.

Banning certain topics was always about trying to minimise arguments in the forums. Certain topics will always have a greater potential to cause upset and arguments than others but we are trying to not be too heavy handed and allow members the chance to debate topics in a civilised manner.

If members start to be unfriendly we will try and deal with those members under the T&C's, which do not allow for argumentative or unfriendly posts.

Edited at 05:17 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If May hangs on, the choice will be for the EU to accept the proposal (capitulation) or I think even May will be forced to walk away. So at least it may bring it to a head.
The problem is, this lot on the other side don't compromise, they want everything their own way, until it threatens to kick them out (see Merkel as the latest example),
I fear they are too pig headed, and will still not compromise. They are a very aggressive bunch- just see Tusk's tweets and Juncker's comments today. These are not in any way friends of the UK, never have been. They want the money and tolerate us as a result.
So what is happening now, could actually be the worst result for the remainers out there as it could lead to a walk away.
This is Yorkshire T's political analysis mind, so take with a pinch of salt.
I agree with you , I thought May was perfect for the job in hand but she has one hell of a mountain to climb and is beaten down at every step , I actually feel sorry for her , she took on the job nobody else wanted , even Boris ran a mile .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
If May walks away, do we still stay in the EU as if nothing has happened or what happens?
If May goes, it will be for a hardline Brexiteer to take over.
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Where I struggle is with comments like 'we voted out, just get us out'.

It's just not that simple and saying so shows a bit of ignorance on the actual nature of what is happening.

A (small) majority of people voted to leave. There was never any specifics about HOW we left. I know many people who voted Leave who never wanted the version of Leave that now appears to be the direction we're heading in. There are literally a million ways in which we could leave - there are so many facets to our membership of the EU, which do we keep and which do we give up? Down to little tiny details. That's what has caused this problem.

Cameron called the referendum clearly convinced that remain would win. The fact that there was no plan in place for what happened the day after the country voted Leave is still frankly staggering to me. Its now 8 months until we leave and pretty much everything is up in the air. People talked about scare tactics at the time but things now are arguably worse than some predictions said.

BoJo is proving to be as snakey as many of us thought. His behaviour from the start of the referendum campaign has been detestable.

Edited at 05:17 PM.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
No as we have triggered article 50 so If nothing is done then we would leave with a ‘no deal’.
I have sympathy for the MP’s they are negotiating the biggest deal of a generation something that does take time and a lot of hard work/ determination. Let’s not forget how much trade comes from the EU both ways we don’t want tariffs on that so it all has to be negotiated.

Edited at 05:18 PM.
Oliver123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List