Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jul 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hubby got stopped once (the guy explained they were checking all male visitors between a certain age group, who had been issued a new passport) and hubbys had just been renewed.
He disappeared for about half an hour or so, and then came out laughing and joking with the officer. Apparently the whole questioning thing turned into a farce because hubby didn't know the address of the villa and couldn't answer most of the other questions either. When asked how much money he had brought over, he replied none because I am not allowed to have any, the wife takes care of it all! The officer then just saw us us to the front of the customs queues and through the rest of the queues so we caught up on time. I think he was lucky to have such an understanding officer!

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
It happened to my hubby on our first trip together back in 2007. We had been towards the back of a massive queue for immigration on the last plane landing that day and, no joke, I was the ONLY person in the entire baggage reclaim area and had been for a good 20 minutes by the time he was “released”. We felt like we should have turned out the lights as we walked out of the airport it was that deserted!
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
This just happened to me in Boston. The officer did the usual fingerprints and eye scan why was I there etc, said enjoy your stay and was just about to do my husbands when he said oh you need to go with a security person, he said you’ll probably just get prints scanned again and did I have a new passport which I didn’t . He was very nice though. So I was taken to a room with a few other people and was in there for an hour there were loads of people in there with 4 security officers. I was eventually called over security woman just looked at me, stamped my passport and said “door “and pointed to it. I thanked her and did not stop to ask questions. I’ve no idea why it happened. On the way home I had TSA pre check so all ok then
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mobile

My hubby got taken away for further questioning as we had both been to India and had an indian visa in our passport . the following year went to morocco! I however had a new passport so not visa he however was gone for about 30 mins. Bless him when they told him what they wished to speak to him about i heard him say "she went too " thanks hunny !
Old 11 Jul 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by pumpkin mom View Post
My hubby got taken away for further questioning as we had both been to India and had an indian visa in our passport . the following year went to morocco! I however had a new passport so not visa he however was gone for about 30 mins. Bless him when they told him what they wished to speak to him about i heard him say "she went too " thanks hunny !
Oh yikes just read this... we were in Morocco last year! Really hope we don't get stopped, hubby gets stressed enough getting through the airport!

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

My dad had this happen, several years ago - his was a really strange one. His fingerprints were apparently too dry so the electronic fingerprint scanner couldn't read them. They had to take him into a separate room to manually fingerprint him! He came out with the remnants of the ink on his fingers like a criminal!

My mother and I thought it was amusing and a great story to tell but somehow my father didn't see the funny side ... (and still doesn't, at least 5 years later!)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Years ago my uncle applied many months ahead for a US visa (at the time everyone needed visas) to attend his daughter's wedding in Boston. He shared his name with a IRA terrorist with the same name and had several interviews at the Embassy and had to produce all sorts before they'd grant the visa. Part of the issue was neither he or his namesake had a middle name.
You just never know who else shares your name !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Ashleylvsgoofy
VIP Dibber

My poor Dad always gets pulled in for extra security checks.
Last time they told him his name is on the watch list and they wanted to know if he had any prosthetic limbs

My Dad saw the funny side though once he was through and he thought it was quite funny and became a bit of a joke that holiday
Old 11 Jul 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

I have a feeling this will happen to my fiancé- he isn't English so travels on a B2 visa anyway but he broke his little finger as a kid and took the splint off so it healed deformed and he struggles to give fingerprints

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

The world is secretly run by lizards (ask David Icke), and they always stop people who they think are on to them.

Even if you've seen one eating a mouse... mum's the word
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List