Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We flew UC last week. All good. Not a patch on Aer Lingus though which is vastly superior.
We had 90 minutes in the immigration line and there were many many people behind us. They must have been there two hours.
We have been so used to immigration in Dublin that we had forgotten how bad MCO is. Some was down to the ongoing work.
So be prepared for which might be a long queue.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

We are going out on August 13 and got return UC tickets for less than £1200 even though we live in England price to good to miss
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Donegal_Guy
VIP Dibber

Donegal_Guy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Maybe I’m being a little slow here but still not sure if if have to wait until the return flights are at 330 days before I can book both legs or is there any way to reserve the outward flight and the complete the booking when the return leg is released. I’m booking flights only with Virgin but really want to get seats reserved ASAP..
DLRP NEW YORK HOTEL 2009
DLRP DISNEYLAND HOTEL 2010
Glenbrook Resort Florida 2012
Glenbrook Resort Florida 2014
Glenbrook DIBB Villa Florida 2015
Glenbrook DIBB Villa Florida 2017
Glenbrook DIBB Villa Florida 2019
Hampton Lakes DIBB Villa 2022
Donegal_Guy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DLP-in-Sept
Helping Minnie

I think it's 330 days from your return flight. At the moment, the latest flight you can book is on the 9 June 2019 which is 330 days away. I've been able to book for next year as I paid for a package holiday but I can't select my seats until 331 days out - in effect, I've been sold flights that don't actually exist yet.
Virgin flights are on Saturday and Sunday next year (changes around mid June I think).

Edited at 10:57 PM.
DLP-in-Sept is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
McSleepy
VIP Dibber

We flew this route last year for the first time as it was closer to home and also direct. Previously we flew from Dublin mostly indirect but needed to stay overnight in Dublin which was added expense.

We do it again on Monday week. The downside is that you have to do immigration in Orlando when you arrive.

In 2018 Virgin have weekly flights from March to September and twice weekly (Monday and Friday) in June and July.

You probably have to wait until the return date is 330 days before you can book both legs.

Sun Haven Villa

Modern 6 Bed Villa
Monitored Alarm
South Facing Pool/Spa
Covered Lanai
Super Fast WiFi
Large screen HDTV
Pool Table

McSleepy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 02:48 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
We flew UC last week. All good. Not a patch on Aer Lingus though which is vastly superior.
We had 90 minutes in the immigration line and there were many many people behind us. They must have been there two hours.
We have been so used to immigration in Dublin that we had forgotten how bad MCO is. Some was down to the ongoing work.
So be prepared for which might be a long queue.
Never flown from Belfast but would welcome your views on the UC experience ,lounge, food etc.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
Never flown from Belfast but would welcome your views on the UC experience ,lounge, food etc.
The flight was similar to any other UC flight so pretty good. They use the gatwick/manchester planes. However, it a long way off the Aer Lingus business class if you have flown that way before; but in my opinion it is much better than BA Club.

The Causeway Lounge in Aldegrove is just about OK. nibbles and drinks (including basic spirits, wines and beers). It was busy when we were there.. But a million miles from the Clubhouse in Heathrow/Gatwick. But with UC you can use the priority security line.

I would definitely use this product/route again, but only as a second behind Aer Lingus from Dublin. AL was just too expensive this time.

The biggest pain was the immigration in MCO. Horrible compared do doing this in Dublin.
I would much rather spend an extra hour on the road than in a queue in MCO.

Edited at 03:54 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
gmul
Helping Minnie

Flew out Upper Class yesterday - some points below :

Causeway Lounge at BFS - least said the better ! If you have any choice just arrive in time to go straight onto the aircraft.

Flight crew - there were only 8 passengers in the UC cabin but we were joined by an Aer Lingus pilot positioning to MCO and the partner & daughter of the cabin crew member who looked after UC. Pleasant and helpful CC who allowed my son & his fiance to come up from Economy and join us for a drink after the meal service.

The FSM introduced herself after take off but was rarely seen afterwards except to do a round with a dish of mini Lovehearts.

Catering : Edible food but nothing spectular. The crew said that the aircraft had been catered in Gatwick so desserts has not been loaded but we could choose Bread & Butter pudding from the PE menu.

Timing : departure was 25 mins late but this was recovered on-route for an on time arrival.

Immigration : we landed just minutes ahead of flights from Frankfurt and Gatwick so luckily arrived into a completely empty hall - but to a different, much smaller hall than our flight in May. Cases were waiting when we emerged and it was 25 mins from touchdown to getting off the monorail ! Luck of the draw here as it was over 2 hours for the same thing back in May.

Value : would I do it again ? In a heartbeat but only if the price was right. I spent £1870 for 3 tickets including 2 reward seats so this was a relatively cheap flight for UC.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help.
gmul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gmul View Post
Immigration : we landed just minutes ahead of flights from Frankfurt and Gatwick so luckily arrived into a completely empty hall - but to a different, much smaller hall than our flight in May. Cases were waiting when we emerged and it was 25 mins from touchdown to getting off the monorail ! Luck of the draw here as it was over 2 hours for the same thing back in May.
This is a lucky experience. My aunt and uncle arrived just after these 2 flights and spent 2 hours in interrogation... errr immigration. That was Monday 2nd July. There are just too many international flights arriving at a similar time to the Belfast flight for my liking. That said, if the price is right I would definitely fly this route.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=gmul;13369028]Flew out Upper Class yesterday - some points below :

The FSM introduced herself after take off but was rarely seen afterwards except to do a round with a dish of mini Lovehearts.

Catering : Edible food but nothing spectular. The crew said that the aircraft had been catered in Gatwick so desserts has not been loaded but we could choose Bread & Butter pudding from the PE menu.QUOTE]

Wow that's not good, a dish of mini lovehearts and no desserts loaded for UC.

We are flying UC on 6th August from Belfast with VA and would be very disappointed if there were no desserts except Bread and Butter Pudding.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List