Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 Jul 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Geordie boy 57 View Post
Cheers Mick
I understood what you were saying
GB57

Wish I understood what I was talking about

Just realised that you can't get straight into Highgrove by crossing 27 if you've joined it from the 192. I see there's an opportunity to cross over into Corner Center Drive, turning round in there and re-joining 27 south but by then you may as well stay and use Cagan Crossings for your manoeuvres. If you look on Google maps you'll see a slip road on the right basically as soon as the link from 192 joins it. You can use this slip road to leave 27 just in front of the large car wash (doesn't show on my Google maps ) Follow this service road up to a 4 way, turn left and you're at the 27 lights.

I'll pack up for now as it sounds complicated but it's not really

Mick
Old 15 Jul 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
We had to collect the villa key code from Rolling Oaks and then popped into Target to get a few bits. It was easier than going back out later.
Old 15 Jul 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TheRobsters
Getting Excited

Drop kids and husbands at villa, then my sister and I get the essentials. Nothing worse than grumpy/tired kids being taken round supermarket.
Went to Walmart once , never again on arrival day far too big And then waited ages to pay from memory 45 mins. Do publix now- much more manageable.
TheRobsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TheRobsters
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
Do you include the husbands in that?
Of course,... when they come there’s far too much in liquid form and never enough solids!
TheRobsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I always try to stop off at Publix on the way from the airport to the villa. I have a list of essentials that I get that will see us through the first few days. Then it is straight to the villa, get everything out of our lock up, unpack, have a good look round the villa, open all the boxes from Amazon that our MC has dropped round and depending on the time we may then go out and grab a takeout from somewhere I.e. Carrabbas or go to Chillis.
Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

We didn't land until 6.30pm local time last year so by the time we got to Formosa Gardens it was around 8pm. We just popped into the Marketplace in Formosa Gardens Boulevard for pizza and essentials then did the big Publix shop the next day.
This year we are heading to Anna Maria Island after 5 nights in New York and I'm planning on doing a Walmart Click and Collect order from St Petersburg to pick up on our way. Could this be an option for you?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

ALWAYS check in, dump our bags, then head off to Publix for their amazing fried chicken :P :P :P :P
We usually head back out the day after for the "main" part of our shop.
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Last time we stayed at Tuscan Ridge the villa owner provided a welcome pack as part of the rental deal. He was very helpful in swapping a few bits around (Diet soda instead of regular etc) but we still ended up in Publix at about 7pm local time to get some of our favourites into stock.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List