Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Given your kids age's and assuming you already have DIsney tickets I would keep the money to spend on something else. Also Halloween in heat of August wouldn't appeal to me. If you don't have tickets and it would be your only disney fix then I would say go for it as you can enter on the day just with the MNSSHP Tickets from about 3 or 4pm.

The last time we went with the kids ( then 8, 11, 19) we did do it but that was our only Disney Fix and in October and while we enjoyed it we mainly did the rides and avoided the queues for characters etc.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Daughter and I went last year but only because we did not have Disney tickets . If we already had Disney tickets then I wouldn’t have paid for it. It was good and we really enjoyed it. The queues for the rides were short but those for the characters were very long and we didn’t bother. If it were me and I had a few hundred £ to spare I would stay in a Universal hotel for the express passes instead if you are not already doing this.
Have fun whatever you decide.
thanks for the idea, we are already doing 3 nights at cabana bay and 2 nights at rpr before moving to a hotel,

im not sure what to do

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Annie17 View Post
thanks for the idea, we are already doing 3 nights at cabana bay and 2 nights at rpr before moving to a hotel,

im not sure what to do
You sound like me I can never make my mind up either !
The express passes at Universal were fantastic. It really made our holiday not having to queue in Universal. I guess you could always make your mind up about mnsshp when you are there. I don’t think the early dates sell out.
Have a fantastic holiday.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We aren’t doing Disney this year, but we have decided to do mnsshp. It will be just a little bit of Disney to keep me going til next year. I wouldn’t do it if I had 14 day tickets though.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

It's a good way to get something new if you've been to Magic Kingdom a few times before. Myself and elder Daughter (11) did it last year as a surprise, Mum and younger daughter didn't go. We all went to Magic Kingdom and then they left with the masses, leaving us there to enjoy the Halloween fun.

The comments about ridiculously long lines for the special stuff is absolutely correct. I allowed DD to lead the way for most of the night, which she loved. We rode a good number of attractions and saw the parade and fireworks. We also saw a very entertaining show outside the haunted mansion, which in the best Disney fashion we stumbled across. She shunned a few of the longer lines preferring 7 dwarves mine train to meeting the dwarves themselves ! We also got a few of the special photopass pictures. We certainly enjoyed and remember the night !

As others have said I'd certainly use it as a way to pick up a MK visit if I didn't have the ultimate tickets, but I'd be reluctant to do it again as an additional cost.
Old 15 Jul 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We've done it before and would do it again when we go back in Halloween The fireworks were the best I've ever seen!

We're doing MVMCP this year It is a lot of money but we really enjoyed it
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
We only go in December so never done the h party.

Like others have said we only do the Xmas party if we aren’t going to Disney that year, it’s a cheap way of getting a “Fix”.

We would never do it if we had normal tickets, not worth it for us.

As to Halloween in August? Seems weird to me, like Xmas in sept!
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
We only go in December so never done the h party.

Like others have said we only do the Xmas party if we aren’t going to Disney that year, it’s a cheap way of getting a “Fix”.

We would never do it if we had normal tickets, not worth it for us.

As to Halloween in August? Seems weird to me, like Xmas in sept!

this is what i keep thinking, we are on a summer holiday and will randomly spend one evening in August celebrating Halloween and then not mention it for 2 months

Question for everyone, if you had a spare £400 and evening in Florida,what would you do?

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I particularly enjoyed it for being able to take a photo with all of the seven dwarves together - do they still do that?

My children both loved it for the hoard of candy that they gathered.

I’m not convinced I would pay again (unless like others it was going to be my only day at Disney), as it does feel like you’ve paid twice, but I also wanted to be able to say I’d done it.

For what it’s worth, we thought it was better value than the Christmas party - probably due to the level of sweets the boys brought back!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
Mobile

No as all you get is sweets and characters dressed differently.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List