Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jul 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve been asked and I’m 48. Was asked in Vegas when I was 36 (they had challenge 40!). Also got asked in California last year despite my head of grey hair.

I wouldn’t be trying underage and I have to carry passport as have no other ID (I don’t drive)
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

3 years ago we were in walmart getting a few nibbles for the villa and we had a case of budwiser,it went through the till no problem but when I asked my son who was 25 at the time to put the case under the shopping trolley for me the assistant asked for his id before she would let him
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
you will be asked for ID for both of them wherever you go... I was once asked for ID in Walmart in my mid forties !

They are very strict with this and will not serve drinks to say one person to take away so your daughter will probably not be able to drink at all in the parks

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What I can tell you not to try is the rum flight at Bahama Breeze - that was a waste of funds if ever there was one.
Caribbean Calamity at City Walk, now that was nice
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Last time we went as a group of four (23, 26, 26 and 29) and we got asked for ID absolutely everywhere. Don't remember having one drink without being asked for it. However I do only recall having my driving license with me, I was never asked for a picture of my passport.
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Some people have found places in Disney will not take UK driving licences, only passports.
What places are they? It might be handy to post the names here so people can be prepared.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

While I cant comment on the recent Disney policy, I have never once (in 28 years and 50ish trips) been asked for ID in either a store or restaurant when adoring o buying alcohol. This includes the past two weeks.
Maybe I just look ancient.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP.

Your Daughter will have to remain dry. They are red hot on checking ID's and they personally face a heavy penalty for serving under age drinkers so it would be a no no.

With regard to your Son thats fine. This is the Disney policy below so he will need his driving licence and a photo of his passport on his phone. The actual passport is not required.

Any Guest who wishes to purchase an alcoholic beverage at any site in the state of Florida—including Walt Disney World Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort—must present one of the following valid forms of identification:

U.S. state driver’s license (includes U.S. territories*)
U.S. state ID (includes U.S. territories*)
U.S. military ID
Original passport
Copy of passport (either on paper or captured on a mobile device), along with a government-issued photo ID** that can verify the person and birth date shown on the copy
NEXUS card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (Canadian Guests only)

Please note: All Guests visiting from outside of the United States are required to present both a valid passport as well as another form of government-issued photo ID from their country of origin.
This is what they say, but I've never been asked and I'm 47, maybe I look a lot older. I was asked in Pennsylvania last year, and both me and the young girl asking burst out laughing. They only got away with selling beer in the Giant supermarket (vast selection too) was because they had a 'restaurant'. Said restaurant was a counter with a stool next to it where you could buy a packet of crisps. You took beer to 'restaurant' , paid, they put a sticker on the beer saying paid, and you didn't pay then at the regular checkout. Whole thing was laughable.
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I'm guessing other places weren't Disney onsite though. Disney do like to protect their good, family friendly name
I've got ID'd over forty in the US sometimes yet I've also visited a well known bar in Santa Monica with a front door with stringent ID checks and a back door used by the under 21 au pairs and nannies with no checks with my 18 year old cousin. Tourists were always checked "locals" weren't.
(She was nannying there ...so had locals status)
The OP was asking about onsite though.
The 2 occasions that spring to mind were actually both onsite, one was circa 2012, the other 2003. People can attach suitable relvance to todays rules
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

First time I went to Florida I was 20, the flaky international driver's license came in very handy, old dear at the AA shop who issued them never cross referenced date of birth. Of course this was 27 years ago and disgraceful thing to do I couldn't condone at all.