Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Jul 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Buy for Aug 2019 now or wait in case Disney Discount Them

I have bought tickets 14 day ultimate in the past and then found Dusney discounted them by 25% nearer the time.
I am trying to decide whether to pay £399 each for 4 adults on Orlando Attraction or wait and see.

What would you do.
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I wouldn't count on them discounting, that seemed to be a one off thing last year and it came after Disney increased the prices by quite a large jump.
They haven't done the same this year and I can't see them doing it again for next year
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I think that 25% discount only happened the one time.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would buy now before they go up which is likely due to the value of sterling continuing to fall against the dollar (current 10 month low today!)
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
I have bought tickets 14 day ultimate in the past and then found Dusney discounted them by 25% nearer the time.
I am trying to decide whether to pay £399 each for 4 adults on Orlando Attraction or wait and see.

What would you do.
As others have said the 25% discount was a one off.

If you're going to buy the Disney tickets from orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk don't forget to use the code mse5 to get £5 off per person.

themeparktickets.co.uk are selling them for £388 and they belong to the same group as orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk. I have never used them so I can't comment on how good they are, so the choice is yours whether you want to use them or not.
Old 18 Jul 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Personally I would wait till next year. This year with Toy Story Land and Star Wars opening, Disney was certainly not going to have 'a sale' too many people wanting tickets.

Obviously, last year the window for the 25% ran for a couple of months ending 31st March, and made a huge difference to everyone's park tickets. I would like to think that maybe they would next year, but not holding my breath. The hike on next years prices (388-419) to me is shocking, especially as park parking has gone up as well. Hope WALT has a word with 'the current powers that be' and reminds them that this is supposed to be the Magic Place that all can enjoy without overcharging.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
Personally I would wait till next year. This year with Toy Story Land and Star Wars opening, Disney was certainly not going to have 'a sale' too many people wanting tickets.

Obviously, last year the window for the 25% ran for a couple of months ending 31st March, and made a huge difference to everyone's park tickets. I would like to think that maybe they would next year, but not holding my breath. The hike on next years prices (388-419) to me is shocking, especially as park parking has gone up as well. Hope WALT has a word with 'the current powers that be' and reminds them that this is supposed to be the Magic Place that all can enjoy without overcharging.
Star Wars opens next year. I can't see them discounting the tickets for a good few years because of that. They're expecting the hotels to be full most of the time. The price will only go up.
The prices for 2018 were £399 when booking the DDP deals through Disney last year. Next years are £419. The tickets on their own are cheaper elsewhere. I think i saw some Disney 2018 ones for £349 recently.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

if your not planning on doing any hopping you can get 1 ultimate pass for the memory maker etc and the other 3 can be MYW tickets which cost £341 for 10 visits in a 14 day period, so quite a saving over the piece but you'll loose out on hopping.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I might be worth hanging on for Black Friday and seeing if any good discounts are offered?
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I think that 25% discount only happened the one time.
Although the 25% discount has only happened the once (in Dec 2016 for 2017 tickets), a year later (Dec 2017) Disney discounted the 2018 tickets by 12%. Its possible they may do a discount for 2019 tickets this December again, although its unlikely it’ll be as much as 25% off. However, I wouldn’t count on it.

Still, its all just guess work. No one knows whether the prices will go up or down in the next 5 months or so.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List