Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Mar 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 10 – (3.8.18) Pool time, Chili’s, Epcot

The original plan for today had been Epcot in the morning, villa and pool time in the afternoon then back to Epcot for the evening however, at some point we must have decided to change our day and move the fastpasses as this did not happen!

I woke up at 7 then fell back asleep until 8:30 when I got up. I went into the living room to find DD already up, she’d told me she had had her breakfast and was ready to go…she was dressed and wearing her brand new converse from yesterday’s shopping trip! Ha h, cute!

I told her to get undressed as we were spending the morning in the villa (we must have decided this last night as at this point DH was not awake). She got undressed and went in the pool. Dh eventually surfaced and we spent the next 2 hours lounging by the pool, in the pool messing with the kids and (me) writing up trip report notes. We got out of the pool at 11am and all went our different ways to have a shower and get dressed. We left the villa at 12:00 and headed to Champion’s Gate where we chose Chili’s for lunch. Once inside we were seated straight away and Ivan was our server.

We decided to choose from the lunch menu as it was soup/entrée for $7. We ordered 2 quesadillas, 1 burger and 1 sliders.

The entrees arrived super fast but we had no soup! I was going to mention this but by the time a server came and refilled our drinks we were happily tucking into the entrees and it seemed silly to want them now so I left it with the intention of mentioning it when we asked for the bill. The food was delicious and good value for money, even without the soup. When we asked for the bill Ivan brought it over and told us that he had knocked all of the drinks off as ours soup didn’t arrive and he apologised. Can’t ask for more than that I’d say! The bill was paid at 1:02 at a cost of $30.10 and no doubt we left a cash tip.

Tummies nice and full we nipped back to the villa to pick up the park bag and so that I could straighten my hair then we headed back out again to Epcot.

We paid our parking and browsed the small store before the tapstiles. DD chose a new star wars lanyard and we got some locking pin backs as DH’s pin on his bag had fallen off previously. Total $26.57. We then wandered into the park, picking up a photopass on the way.

We decided to nip into the art store first where I found an amazing print of Epcot Reflections of Earth but stupidly didn’t buying it as I thought I would pick it up on the way out of the park that night (spoiler alert…I didn’t )

We made our way across Epcot, browsing the pin stations just outside Mouse Gear where DD decided she’d made a catastrophic mistake buying the Star Wars lanyard on the way in to Epcot as at this stand they had a Disney Villains one! I bravely asked if they would mind swapping one for the other (thankfully we had not started using the Star Wars lanyard, it was still tucked in the plastic bag) and they very kindly said that we could exchange it. This did take some time as the cm struggled but were eventually given a refund of $2.13 and DD had her new lanyard.

We headed in to Mouse Gear and spent quite some time browsing. One of the children picked up some assorted buttons for $3.19 and I bought a Mickey Head keyring for $10.64. Heading across Epcot we picked up another Photopass.

After that we headed across to Club Cool before restrooming and heading to Test Track for our amended FP which had opened up. Whilst we were in the queue I picked up another FP for Pixar Shorts. As we were queuing the ride was suspended for inclement weather. We were just outside the design area and as this was announced lots of people decided to leave the queue which meant we could shuffle closer to the door. Really glad we waited it out as it was only suspended for 10 minutes and not long after we were designing our vehicles, DS and I together and DD with DH. DS absolutely loved this ride, he thought it was amazing!

Once off the ride we spent some time in the interactive area where the children were having lots of fun getting their photos taken. DS paid for a Test Track driving licence $5.99 and DD bought a tube of Goofy Sours and Nerds faces pin set, total cost for her was $37.22.

We headed across to the Pixar short to use our next FP. There was a 10 minute wait in the queue so I guess it was a waste of a FP but it enabled us to pick our next one up whilst we were waiting which was Figment especially for DS! Really enjoyed the Pixar shorts and thought it was a much better use of the space than last time we came when it was Michael Jackson! Once out we headed to our Journey with Figment which was nice, the kids couldn’t remember it from our last visit so I think they were glad to have at least seen it. Whilst in the line for Figment I managed to pick up a FP for Reflections of Earth. At this point although the FP weren’t the ones I had chosen for the day due to our change of plans, I was very glad I had picked up little ones along the way to enable us to get this FP as I didn’t fancy staking out a spot for over an hour beforehand.

After Pixar/Figment we headed to World showcase with the first stop being Norway where we picked up a return time for Frozen. The return time was only 15 minutes and if I’d have realised this I would have just got in the queue there and then as that is a manageable time for DS to queue. As we had the return time we took advantage of it and wandered into the God’s Museum which both DH and DS found incredibly interesting due to their interest in Norse Gods….DD and I found it hmmmmm, boring! Ha ha! We tapped in for our fp. Well, this ride is Amazing! It is so well done, we absolutely loved it. Even DH who is not a Frozen fan.

Once off Frozen we walked around the World Showcase where we were heading for USA so that we could watch the next Guardians of the Galaxy show. We made it just in time for the 6.30 show and before finding a seat heading to the Fife and Drum food stand to get some food to top up our delicious lunch. DH bought himself a Turkey leg to share with DS as he had been after one of these on our last visit but timings didn’t work out. DD and I got a Mickey pretzel and cheese dip to share. I chose an American Dream (thanks to Tim Tracker!) DD chose a Galaxy Float (which was root beer based) and DS and DH shared a large diet coke. Total was $33.00.

We got a good seat near the front for the Guardians of the Galaxy show. This show was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed it! DH and DS really enjoyed the turkey leg too and it was plenty for them to share. I wasn’t as keen on the Mickey pretzel and I think DD thought it was quite disgusting so shared the turkey leg too. The American dream was delicious but DD thought the Galaxy float was also disgusting so shared my American Dream with me while DH drank her Galaxy float.

Tummies again full we walked back to Mexico where DD played on the new interactive Coco screen - here is her finished picture!

We then went on the Grand Fiesta Tour which was a walk on. DD absolutely loves Day of the Dead (her birthday coincides with this festival) and she was wearing her Coco t-shirt from DLP today.

After this we had a slow walk around WS stopping for selfie/photopass in Japan/Italy.

While in Italy we had a look at the Trevi fountain as 8 years before to the day we had been in Rome celebrating DH’s 30th birthday!

We stopped in Germany on the way to the FP area for snacks to eat whilst watching Illuminations. We bought a caramel apple, a gourmet cookie, a caramel bar and an M&M drizzle. These cost us $22.11. We made our way in to the FP area and looked carefully for a place to sit. Eventually we found a spot next to the railings where the Frozen dessert party was being held and sat there to eat our snacks and wait for Illuminations to start. The snacks were delicious and the spot we found was excellent. Really enjoyed Illuminations and I was really glad that I had picked up the FP for it as it meant we could enjoy a relaxed pace for the evening.

We slowly made our way out of the park with the crowds, stopping in the art shop to buy the print I had seen that morning but unfortunately, despite searching every rack it had gone and when I asked they didn’t have any more in store, instead directing me to try the art shop at DS. I was very unhappy.

Once in the car we exited and headed back to the villa stopping at Publix in Champions Gate on the way through for pop and Starbucks latte. My notes do not tell me what time we made it back to the villa or went to bed but I have no doubt that we all headed to bed as soon as we got back and were asleep as soon as our heads touched the pillows after yet another great day!

Edited at 08:42 PM.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It sounds like a lovely day, you certainly seemed to fit a lot in, plus plenty of yum sounding snacks too! shame about the artwork though.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
It sounds like a lovely day, you certainly seemed to fit a lot in, plus plenty of yum sounding snacks too! shame about the artwork though.
I hadn't realised until I read it back exactly how much we had fit into the day! But yes, it was lovely. Thanks for reading!
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another fab day and you finally got to ride TT!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Another fab day and you finally got to ride TT!
It took long enough! But DS was really patient and it was worth it in the end. 😁