Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Jun 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
Had a British guy and his family in front of us in queue in Seaworld a few years and he would not let anyone pass him, many tried all failed. He was a hoot so funny but he played by the rules. No jumping the queue.
Sounds like this was me! I have done this many times whilst on holiday in Florida - My wife cringes at my attempts to stop pushiers in... but 9 times out of 10 it works..

With a culprit I normally say something like "we are all waiting in line here" Gesturing to my fellow queuers, hoping they will join in with my shaming... sometimes, however I remain the sole complainer...

I have even resorted to using Google translate on my phone broadcasting in portuguese (for the Brazilian people)NO PUSHING IN PLEASE - Lol my DD thought that was really funny

I keep fighting the good fight .

Typically from my experience Its either loud British families or south american types that are the worst culprits.

Edited at 09:28 AM.
bLaZeR666_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
We have been here a week now and I reckon it’s the worst I have ever seen for line cheats.
On numerous occasions we have been pushed further back down the line by others joining the rest of there party.
At rope drop constant people saying excuse me to move you so they can get through to the front.
It has happened so many times this trip.
Got pushed out the way in the ice cream line.

When I was sitting down watching once upon a time when people kept walking in the small space between me and the person sat in front of me.
I moved right up behind her and people then stepped across my legs.
Almost all were sitting for this but some people still can’t be sensible, they are so desperate to get a perfect view they become selfish and thoughtless.

I have gotten really annoyed with it this trip.
Every single ride that had any substantial queue (20+ mins) this happened to us without fail on our trip this year, often several times in the same queue. A single parent with a single child rejoining a family doesn't really make me think twice, but this was reliably groups of between 4 and 20 extra people. It's not something I want to provoke a discussion on necessarily but it's also almost universally one particular demographic responsible as well (not US natives or Brits).

I don't remember if it used to be this bad before, it probably was, but it is frustrating to know that every queue you join you will be many places further back by the time you reach the end.
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sadly it seems we are in a time where there can be no flexibility to the rules because people just can't be trusted. People should be able to leave a line to go to the loo or drop things in the bin, sadly its these people that get punished and sent to the back, when the people that barge through because their mother's brother, stepdaughters, next door neighbours best friend from school is in the queue.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

I don’t let it worry me. I’d never embarrass myself by refusing a person from passing thru the line. Who am I to distinguish between a queue jumper and somebody whose needs require them to follow their family members. Iv let hundreds of people pass me to join their families over the years. At most it adds 5 minutes to a wait.
I also think it’s hilarious to watch kids diving under the barriers. It’s what kids do. It’s what I would of done. Good luck to them.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
I don’t let it worry me. I’d never embarrass myself by refusing a person from passing thru the line. Who am I to distinguish between a queue jumper and somebody whose needs require them to follow their family members. Iv let hundreds of people pass me to join their families over the years. At most it adds 5 minutes to a wait.
I also think it’s hilarious to watch kids diving under the barriers. It’s what kids do. It’s what I would of done. Good luck to them.
This is the reason I don't - the one time you make a fuss it may be more 'genuine' than others. It is, however, deeply infuriating.
Old 3 Jun 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sospan
Excited about Disney

Maybe a child and a parent - apart from that nobody passes me in a queue.
Keeps it simple.
Old 4 Jun 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We experienced a bit of this last time we went to Hollywood studios .mainly young adult men joining their friends .we complained to the cm nothing was done
Seems at time Disney doesn't want to upset anyone even if they are in the wrong

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sospan View Post
Maybe a child and a parent - apart from that nobody passes me in a queue.
Keeps it simple.
so if i needed the loo you wouldn't let me get back to my family after?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
Had a British guy and his family in front of us in queue in Seaworld a few years and he would not let anyone pass him, many tried all failed. He was a hoot so funny but he played by the rules. No jumping the queue.
This is me. I've been doing it since the Spanish line jumpers in Disneyland Paris way back in 'God knows when'. Me and a scouser from Liverpool joined forces and nobody got through. I still do it in Disney/Universal parks but the Scouser I actually married doesn't damn well help me these days.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

It is also the mentality that some of the group join the line and the others go to the loo and then just walk down the line to meet up.
Me and my family will wait for the others to go to the loo and then we all join the line.

Go to the loo first and then join the line.