Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Jun 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post

We wandered over to look round earlier this year when we stayed at the Yacht Club. For up the location we would definitely be interested to give this a try, we find HS too much if a walk in the heat from Yacht Club but Boardwalk is perfect for Epcot and HS. The only hesitation for us was whether it would be noisy as the rooms seemed to be right over the Boardwalk restaurant / bar area.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We wandered over to look round earlier this year when we stayed at the Yacht Club. For up the location we would definitely be interested to give this a try, we find HS too much if a walk in the heat from Yacht Club but Boardwalk I’d perfect for Epcot and HS. The only hesitation for us was whether it would be noisy as the rooms seemed to be right over the Boardwalk restaurant / bar area.
We had a standard view room so the other side of the hotel from the actual Boardwalk and had no noise at all.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Boardwalk view rooms are really nice, great view out across to the YC/BC etc. You get a small amount of noise from the people on the BW particularly if you're above The Bakery or Trattoria as people queue for breakfast but after the first morning it doesn't bother us. At night we eat late so are only usually back in the room as the BW shuts down and it's very quiet after 11pm.

There are ten oversize deluxe rooms above the Bakery and restaurants on floors 3&4 which we love as booking one of them guarantees the best BW/Lake view and gets you Club level access.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Super excited now, great pics
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We wandered over to look round earlier this year when we stayed at the Yacht Club. For up the location we would definitely be interested to give this a try, we find HS too much if a walk in the heat from Yacht Club but Boardwalk is perfect for Epcot and HS. The only hesitation for us was whether it would be noisy as the rooms seemed to be right over the Boardwalk restaurant / bar area.
DVC Standard view is great if towards back of building- very quiet.
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I am loving all of these replies! I have booked a few nights a BWV with DVC, lake view cost us £500, sounds like money very well spent!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It’s also one of the best managed hotels I’ve ever come across. I met the manageress last year and she asked me if anything could be improved. I said no. She said there must be something. I thought, and said, well, the furniture around the pool had seen some better days, not bad but time to be replaced. They replaced it all 3 days later. It was already planned to replace it I think.
This lady was walking around with an assistant - saying ‘paint that’, ‘clean that’ etc who was writing it all down- I like a person with attention to detail and she had it for sure.

Edited at 11:10 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Whenever the top execs stay at WDW they always seem to book into the Boardwalk.

I have bumped into Bob Iger and George Kalogridis there - Actually George always seems to be there, he knows the resort well it seems and is very happy to talk to guests. Bob had a big group with him though.

BWV is my home resort with DVC. I love it there, you can walk to 2 parks in under 20 mins, no other resorts apart from those round Crescent lake can offer that.