Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Jun 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
Go to the loo first and then join the line.
what if someone does go before and has a condition meaning they have to go before they get to the front?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
what if someone does go before and has a condition meaning they have to go before they get to the front?
Should you then take the queuing time into consideration? I would then pick another time when the line is shorter. There’s no real answer, because everyone that went up a queue could use the loo excuse.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

To be honest you ain't going to stop it, Disney staff witness it and do nothing... if it's a tour I can understand the frustration but a handful of people isn't worth stressing about... just my opinion
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

One option would be for the group to wait for you to return and let others past in the meantime, this would avoid those who are purely queue jumping v the genuine.

Out of interest what would be your expectations if they hit the front before you arrived, would they continue, you not ride, you ride alone, expect them to be waiting for example? I would imagine most would wait, so waiting in the queue shouldn’t cause an issue.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

If someone is in the queue and needs to leave to use the toilet you’ll have seen them go past you and you’d then let them back in a few minutes later surely?
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This does wind me up and no one would get in front of me. I remember I was in McDonalds years ago on Palm Parkway and I was perusing the menu when an American guy came from the line next to me and stood in front of me and started to ask for things, I said what the hell are you doing I was just looking at the menu to start my order, he said you English don't know the system here, I said I did and you have just pushed in from the other line. He ignored me, so I went in front of him and told the server to cancel his order and gave her mine, he tapped me on the shoulder but my wife asked him to move away as she could see I was getting really annoyed. His wife then beckoned to him to come back to her in the other line. Which he did whilst muttering something that I couldn't quite catch.
They sure don't like standing in line.

The servers face was a picture and she said you did the right thing.

Edited at 10:30 AM.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
One option would be for the group to wait for you to return and let others past in the meantime, this would avoid those who are purely queue jumping v the genuine.

Out of interest what would be your expectations if they hit the front before you arrived, would they continue, you not ride, you ride alone, expect them to be waiting for example? I would imagine most would wait, so waiting in the queue shouldn’t cause an issue.
i hadn't really thought about it until i read this thread to be honest. I've not been to WDW since this became a problem, i guess i'd make a judgement call depending on where i was in the queue. I'm particularly concerned about SWGE, everything else i could get a FP for sometime during our holiday. I do get that some people take the pee but for people that have genuine needs i think it's a bit mean to forcibly stop people. Someone suggested to me that i get a guest assistance pass (or whatever its called) as a result of this thread. I had never considered this but i guess if it becomes problematic i may need to consider it.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

So i am in the line near the front for Space Mountain and the lady in front of me is looking around anxiously as we approach the loading area.
I try to go past her with my family as it is obvious she is waiting for someone.
She tried to block me and i ask her if she is waiting for someone and i get the reply, he is just coming.
I say that you are holding us up and can we go past
Then she says oh he is here now, i am quicker than him and he did not keep up.
I look up to see him going under all the barriers so he does not have to work his way through the line.
He joins her and does not acknowledge that he is in effect jumping the line to anyone, he does not care.
This happened at EMH morning.
We lined up on the bridge to tommorow land and at 0800 we were walked to space mountain.
Some were running around the outside to get in front.
We all got to the ride entrance and filed on.

This lady had managed to keep up and get in the line near the front, her partner however did not bother to keep up and just happily skipped the line to join her.

Right so all those people including me who got out of bed early to arrive at 0800 for rope drop to hopefully get on Space mountain early and walked sensibly to the ride are having the pee taken out of them by this man and woman.
This was a classic case of line jumping as only one of them bothered to actually get in line while the other did not.

It is always a case of the slower person joining the person who is nearer the front, its not possible to just walk as a group and get on at the same time, of course not when we can skip the line by getting someone up front and then just join them.

Again at Blaze Pizza in Disney Springs we joined the line and then about 5 people came along and just walked past us to join their friends further up the line, i was making a fuss about and noticed 2 people who just came up behind me stopped in their tracks.
I asked them if they were with the group in front to which they said yes, i let them join them.
Why though were there 2 people in line but the next 7 thought it was okay to jump the line to join them, why dont the 2 come back to the 7.
I guess the people already in the line are of no concern to them and they dont care if it upsets them.

Edited at 11:11 AM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We were at WDW last month, mostly used FPs or early morning rides. We didn’t notice any line cheats.

However, we did at the Polynesian when waiting to see Pluto after ‘Ohana breakfast. Family in front, older couple behind us. The couple shout to the family, we can’t join you as we’d be jumping the line. I offered to let them through. Next thing more adults join them at the side of the line and the CM opens the barrier for them. In total about 16 now. It only added a few minutes to our wait time so no big deal.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

That's what the DAS pass is for.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List