Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Feb 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 8 (1.8.18) Villa, DS and Epcot

The plan today said Blizzard Beach in the morning then Epcot for Fastpasses from 4pm but the night before we decided that with DD not feeling very well and us having had some rather busy days that we would just chill out in the villa and make good use of the swimming pool, after we had returned the car that is!

We were up at 7am and out at 7.30am to return the Mustang, collecting fuel at Champions Gate on the way. DH wasn’t happy with me as the car had to be back by 8am and I had forgotten we needed to fill it up so we really should have set off sooner than we did! Nevertheless, we were at the Car Care centre by 8.15 and the car was returned with absolutely no issues. After that was sorted we headed back to the villa where made it back by 9. Once there we had breakfast on the deck before enjoying the pool. DH took some time out to blow up the giant poo DD had chosen at Walmart the other day!

I started on the washing before sitting by the pool writing up my trip notes and sunbathing as the kids splashed about in the pool.

DH was in and out of the pool with them. I managed to get 4 loads of washing on and dried in the time we were relaxing. I had planned for us to leave the villa at 12/12.30 but the kids were having so much fun I couldn’t drag them out of the pool in time. We eventually got them out at 12.30 and started to get ready.

Eventually we managed to leave the villa at 1.30 and headed to Disney Springs. As part of our revised plans we had decided to have lunch here at T-Rex using the Landry card as DS was currently obsessed with dinosaurs and we knew he would love it.

We arrived at DS at 2.00 and had no idea where to park so we parked in the orange garage….should have gone line! We arrived at T-Rex at 2.20 after dodging in and out of some shops to avoid a mid afternoon downpour.

We had a little wait for a table in the entrance but were soon shown to a table near to the middle of the restaurant. I ordered a strawberry lemonade (Felt slightly cheated by the price of $11.29 though!) and chicken and shrimp pasta $24.99, DH ordered a bud $12.00 and a Mega Mess-O-Bones $28.99, DS ordered a kids cosmo cheesy mac and water $8.99 and DD ordered a cherry limeade $1.99 and a kids Jurassic chicken $8.99. The food here was excellent and DH had even said that up to that point it was the best meal of the holiday. DD was having a sulk because we were in a dinosaur restaurant but DS was in his element and loved having a look around at all the different dinosaurs.

After our entrees we ordered meteor bites to share $11.99 and a chocolate tarpit for DD $3.99 as she was still sulking! The total cost minus $25 birthday voucher was $93.95 incl tax. We will have paid cash tip. We didn’t have enough time to have a browse around DS so made a mental note to return at some point to shop.

Back to the car and we headed to EPCOT. This was not high on our list of likes last time we visited so we were dubious about what we would make of it now the children were older. We parked in Discover 20 and took a tram to the entrance where we tapped in via the tapstiles and had an obligatory photopass at the entrance.

We then restroomed before we went standby on Spaceship Earth. Once off SE we went to Test Track for our first FP. We tapped in and after 5 minutes an email came through telling me the ride was closed but nothing was mentioned by a CM so we waited when eventually the CM at the entrance announced the ride was closed due to inclement weather. We went back to the CM who rescanned our bands to reissue the FP but when looking later it was only for DS and DD.

We decided to go over to The Land so walked over in that direction where we found Soaring to have a 15 minute queue…well, it would be rude not to so we hopped on and took our flight. I enjoyed this ride much more than I had done previously. We rode concourse C row 2 and I loved the smell! We restroomed again and then went on Living with the Land. Enjoyed the ride and spotted a few hidden Mickeys. Once off this ride I restroomed again (think I must have had a weak bladder that day!) before meeting DH and the kid sin Sunshine Seasons where he picked up 2 regular sodas $6.58 incl tax.

Once refreshed we looked at the app and noted that Test Track was still down so went on Turtle Talk with Crush. There was a 10 minute wait so the children completed the interactive quizzes while we waited.

When we went in I thought Turtle Track was very good, I recalled that it had been updated since the last time we went but sitting here now I am no idea why I thought that or even if it is true! Oh, I love kids, being on Turtle Talk was just like being at work where children don’t have a clue what a question is… “Anybody have a question?” Child A “I like movies!” Child B “I like movies!” So Crush shouts “Put your hand up if you like movies….good, all done!”

We left there and rode The Seas with Nemo on our FP. For the first time ever DS and DD rode together which meant DH and I could ride together, loved it!

Next up was Mission Space but on the way I checked the app to see if TT was up and running yet but it wasn’t. I told DH that the orange mission makes people sick and that I’d like to do the green mission so DH insisted we rode orange!

I am sooooo glad that we did this and obviously haven’t been on green to compare it to but orange was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed it. And as a bonus we didn’t vomit! We browsed the shop as we left and DD bought a pressed penny book while DS bought a stitch pin.

In my notes I’ve written “Not sure what next!”

From there we headed over to Club Cool where I managed to fool everyone into trying the Beverley – urgh! That really is one disgusting drink! DD needed the toilets so we hot footed it back towards TT. Once we had restroomed we checked on the line for TT as we were so close. It was indeed up and running but the FP line was massive, probably due to it being down for the best part of 4 hours! At that point we decided we had had enough so made our way out where we stopped into MouseGear and bought some popcorn to snack on. We bought a bag of cheddar flavour, salted chocolate flavour and blue raspberry flavour. Total cost was $18.97.

We thought that as it was early still we’d head to a Walmart to pick up some more Bud and some bits for tea. DH popped Walmart into the Android Auto and it directed us there. My receipt says it was on N Old Lake Road. This was hideous. It was absolutely heaving. For some reason, I let DH venture into the store with DS while I parked the car. Not sure exactly how long he was in there but the receipt says 9.53, and to say we were heading out of EPCOT at 8pm this seems a ridiculously long time. DH was quite stressed when he made his way out and after struggling to find me on the massive car park despite me driving round past the entrance when he said he was out he eventually managed to find me and make it into the car quite unscathed but not in the happiest of moods! Total spend in Walmart was $35.96 and included milk, mayo, bud a hairbrush, a salad kit and two items I can’t make out.

DH said that the peace of Publix is worth the extra cost over Walmart and vowed never to step foot in a Walmart again! Bud acquired we realised it was ridiculously late and even once we’d got back to the villa it would take time to cook whatever he’d bought. I’m unsure what exactly he bought to go with the salad on the receipt but I’m guessing it was probably a pizza.

So, we had a chat about what to do whilst directing the SatNav back to the villa and on the way we stopped at the McDonald’s at Champions Gate where we ordered DS a Big Mac Meal with fanta, DD a 4 piece chicken nugget happy meal with a vanilla shake, DH a large bacon smokehouse meal with a cold brew frappe and me a large crispy buttermilk chicken meal with a caramel frappe. This cost $34.17 and we were soon back at the villa tucking in.

DS was slightly disappointed that when we got back they had messed up our order and not put a fanta in for him. Not much we could do then and we weren’t particularly in the mood for it so we bribed him with Dr Pepper that we had in the fridge. No times written down but I think once food was consumed we were pretty much all off to bed as we had another early start the following day.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’s great when you change your plans and everyone enjoys what you do

Joan
Old 30 Mar 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
It’s great when you change your plans and everyone enjoys what you do

Joan
It was a good plan change! Thanks for reading.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A great day. We’re the same as you, not massive Epcot lovers but you made a good day of it!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
A great day. We’re the same as you, not massive Epcot lovers but you made a good day of it!
We really enjoyed it this visit and it would feature highly on future visits.