Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've been to WDW once and DLP three times. We went to DLP in 2017 just to get a bit of Disney magic as I couldn't wait until our 2020 WDW visit. We absolutely loved it, so much in fact, that we went again in 2018. We love that it's Disney with a European feel and all CMs have been nothing but kind and friendly towards us. We love that everything is all within walking distance and feels more like a magic 'bubble' to us. I think if you go into it with an open mind, you'll be pleasantly surprised 🙂 We're planning on going back again in a few years as all our savings are going towards WDW but I do miss it and can't wait to go back again.
Old 16 Apr 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Used to be annual passholders at DLP and loved it, went to WDW in 2015 came back in August and went to dlp in October boy what a mistake. We felt it was flat no Disney magic just second rate and we had never felt that before didnt renew annual passes. Went WDW 2017 and California 2018 thinking of trying DLP again this year but it needs to be fitted in with something else so that we dont get the disappointment.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm of the opposite mind set. Been going to DLP since it opened, finally going to WDW for first time end of July, we will be home for 9 days then head off to DLP with the rest of the family and I can't wait. I'm actually looking forward to DLP more for some strange reason, I think it may be due to the familiarity and knowing how close we are to the parks and the less planning, you can just go with the flow. I'm going to WDW with the mind set that it's a different resort so everything will be different and not to compare.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

I wrote a blog post on this which may help. I think both are quite different places though and offer a different experience so I’d recommend doing both

towelstravels.wordpress/...he-difference/
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
I like the no smoking, no queue jumping... of WDW
No queue jumping? You've never fell foul of groups of Brazillian tourists then?
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm with your hubby on this one. I have been to ever park and DLP is the only one I wouldn't go back to. Why not go Hong Kong or Tokyo for something different?
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
You can't "convince" anyone. No point trying. It's boils down to opinion rather than any one fact.

It's a shame that DLP has a reputation with some.

In my opinion it's a beautiful park, and A LOT cheaper than going to equivalent holidays to the other international parks. It's my easy Disney fix.

Anyone who wants to know if DLP is better or worse than WDW, I suggest they go with an open mind and find out for themselves.

Ultimately, if people go to DLP wanting and expecting WDW, then they should go to WDW.

Edited at 09:40 AM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’ve done both WDW DLP 4x each and I love DLP - I see it as my home park.

For me it’s the best ‘magic kingdom’ shall we call it. Castle is amazing with a dragon in the basement, what’s not to love? Also on a personal level the rides are a better class. Space mountains imagineering is god level, great versions of big Thunder, Pirates, Mansion and Small world. The castle show I enjoyed more then my last trip to WDW last year also.

Hollywood is still a bit bare but has Toy story and crush and the parks are next door to each other. I’d love a toy story mania but apart from that and slinky at the moment the parks for me aren’t that far from each other in terms of things to do.

I’d pick WDW every day of the week for the spectacle, food, choice, weather, extra parks and the flight of passage but Paris is for me a little hidden gem.
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I’m sure you could go for less than that!

I believe you can get rooms for 5 at Santa Fe but you have to phone.

Alternatively the Magic Plus annual passes have EMH (now EMT) included.

Try going out of season and arriving on a weekday. Many people like May half term (although this year that includes Ascension Day which is a public holiday).

We used Avios for flights last year so they were £35 each.
Update - the Magic Plus annual passes don't have EMT included any more, sadly.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

OP, we just got back from a 4 night trip to DLP after 3 trips to WDW. For us, we will be saving up to go back to WDW.

Disneyland park was absolutely gorgeous and full of great details. We loved the castle and the dragon and the arcades and the general explorability. But extra magic hours didn’t really work (they didn’t bother opening some rides or switched them), only a few rides have FastPass and the others are slow loaders and hard to get on so we queued way more in this one trip than we have done in 3 longer WDW trips. Also we love trying all the WDW restaurants and DLP was a big let down in terms of food. Also a real lack of interesting merchandise (hardly any women’s cut t shirts?!).

Also we really missed the “magic” that Orlando cast members add.

I think it is really such an individual choice! Worth trying though!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List