Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 May 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Is 5 hotels too much?!

We are staying in a dibb villa as we don’t particularly like all being in one room for too long! Love each other really 2A and 2C (well 17b and 13g) but I also want a few days on site for the extra hour benefits. I have already added 2 nights at boardwalk at the end of the holiday. I am about to book universal for FOL passes, and am now thinking of adding a budget Disney hotel for the beginning of the holiday to add a few extra EMH days.

This would be the intinary;
5th Feb PI Gatwick North
6th villa Windsor hills
7th villa
8th villa
9th villa
10th Disney maybe AoA
11th villa
12th villa
13th villa
14th villa
15th Universal HRH or similar
16th villa
17th villa
18th villa
19th BWV
20th BWV
21st home

Would this be too much or as we have 3 or 4 nights between each changes it won’t be an issue?
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Personally it would be too much for us. We are a family of 5 and we’ve done 2 hotels during our 3 week holiday - had our base in a villa for the full time and had 2 nights at Hilton in Clearwater and then 1 night in RPR for Universal/IoA. Even though we weren’t packing everything up each time, it was still a lot. We are doing a night at Clearwater this time midway through but couldn’t imagine 5 different stays. Although some might enjoy the variety.
Old 14 May 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Wouldn't bother us. It's very much an individual thing I reckon.

We are doing 5 if you are including the Gatwick hotel (well, 4 really as the 5th hotel is "extra" as we won't be checking out of our 4th to use it)

Edited at 10:27 AM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I don't think so as it's not like you're checking out of your villa each time and moving everything, You'd just taking overnight bags to the hotels you've booked nights for, other than BWV at the end of the holiday. We've got 4 hotels, 5 if you count the Premier Inn the night before we fly:
CBR for 14 nights and within that:
1 night at BCV
1 night at WL
1 night at Cabana Bay
If it's what you fancy doing, then go for it

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

I agree too, not a problem if your only packing overnight bags for your short stays, which could be half packed already in your cases with notes in them listing what still needs to be packed. I think it all adds to the excitement of the holiday
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We have five hotels booked for this trip and it’s checking in/out at each. We had three last time. Doesn’t doesn’t me and I quite like all the different places.
I use packing cubes and organise our clothes in to days.
But if you have the villa for the duration it will be pretty easy just take overnight stuff with you.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
As a couple, we have done this many times. With a baby now, I wouldn't. If your kids are happy to pack up each time and move then why not. It breaks the holiday up into mini breaks and makes the trip seem longer when we do it, although you do waste a good amount of precious holiday time packing and moving.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

As your base will be the villa it looks fine to me as you are only packing an overnight bag.

We are doing 4 this year, moving up from Miami to SSR but we have 16 days there at the end
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I love your itinerary! I think it’ll break it up as 21 days is a long holiday! I’m just adding two hotels (WDW and US) into our 15 night Christmas stay. I say go for it!
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

We're all different. It would be too much for me plus I wouldn't want to waste all that time faffing around moving from one to another. But others would say it's fine. Only you know if you'll be ok with it.

Edited at 01:45 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List