Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Have me work for you - pay later

I did a job for a customer recently, and I emailed them the invoice and got a reply asking if they can pay me in a month's time as things are tight.

I do have to laugh at people who get a self employed tradmesman in to do a job without them having the funds to pay them.

I am not desperate for the money (which is a good job), but I wouldn't dream of having someone in to do a job for me if I didn't have the funds available.

I am not annoyed, angry or upset (I thought I better clarify that), but I do find some peoples outlook a bit strange.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

go all tony soprano on them and charge them 7 points on the vig...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Very strange indeed - can't see that approach working with the grocery shopping so why expect a tradesman to work for free? Unless you offered interest free deferred payments - are you going soft on us MH?
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Happens to be all the time, I have roughly £25k of overdue invoices at any given time. When I tell them that their invoice is late and I shall have to let their place at my event go to someone else, many of them send angry emails saying don’t they know they are self employed and find it hard to pay for all the events they have chosen to be at in one go? Irony is that we are a company of only 3 people too. I don’t know how they expect us to pay for the rented venue if they don’t pay their invoices...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I'm the absolute opposite. I hate any form of admin and get chased up by clients to send them invoices so they can pay me.

Unless asked, I often skip 2 or 3 months at a time and then finally bite the bullet. Just looking at my crude spreadsheet, I'm currently owed about £23k and much of that is because I've not invoiced yet, but could have!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'm the absolute opposite. I hate any form of admin and get chased up by clients to send them invoices so they can pay me.

Unless asked, I often skip 2 or 3 months at a time and then finally bite the bullet. Just looking at my crude spreadsheet, I'm currently owed about £23k and much of that is because I've not invoiced yet, but could have!
I must be your client from hell. Please present your invoice on day of completion so I can get it paid.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
Happens to be all the time, I have roughly £25k of overdue invoices at any given time. When I tell them that their invoice is late and I shall have to let their place at my event go to someone else, many of them send angry emails saying don’t they know they are self employed and find it hard to pay for all the events they have chosen to be at in one go? Irony is that we are a company of only 3 people too. I don’t know how they expect us to pay for the rented venue if they don’t pay their invoices...
I am lucky as that must be quite stressful for you, and the customer knows they have the advantage of leaving you bad feedback.

Fortunately I only do smaller job so I'm not usually owed thousands, and I can give up self employment when ever I want (the wife likes having me out the house when she's working from home - she says I'm disruptive).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by storm View Post
I must be your client from hell. Please present your invoice on day of completion so I can get it paid.
La-la-la-la-la-la - Can't hear you - la-la-la-la-la-la.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I will pay you cash on completion and buy you a drink on top.

My philosophy.

Disney332
Old 30 May 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I will pay you cash on completion and buy you a drink on top.

My philosophy.

Disney332
When can I start?