Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jun 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I hope you dog is better soon, sending pixie dust, maybe you can book a little mini break when your furbaby is well ☺
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Oh Tracey, I'm so sorry for both your poor pup & also the early return home for you & Nick. You both needed a good break together but at least you had a few good days away. Your home now & things look on the up for the little one. Italy will still be there when your able to go again so will Norfolk where you can go for the little one to recoup ;-)
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Oh dear, horrible to have a poorly fur baby, such a shame, so often good/bad news go hand in hand.
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no, so sorry to hear this. You and your husband really deserve a wonderful holiday!
You certainly have not done anything wrong, maybe the air hostesses was trying to bless you with the water 🤭
On a serious note, your poorly dog’s experience sounds exactly like my best friends dog. He is Tilly’s (my dog) brother. The same things were happening to him, backwards & forwards to the vets, overnight stays on a drip etc but the scan did not show anything, then he was passing blood too
It turned out he had/has pancreatitis. Antibiotics & a special food soon sorted him out. He can’t have his usual dog food anymore, he has some prescribed by the vet. No treats etc but he is back to his usual self. At one point we did not think he would make it, he was so poorly but as soon as they discovered what it was he was fine.
I don’t know why it took so long to discover what it was though. It took about two weeks! Lots of drips, blood tests, scans it was an insurance job at the end.
Fingers crossed and lots of love x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Sending you a hug, you are certainly going through it. Hope everything is ok.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hope things have settled down xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

How are things now? X
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
How are things now? X
Hi there, well on Sunday she passed a small amount of blood but touch wood she got a lot better. However tonight we have had a bit of choking, no blood but just as we thought she was getting better she has started again. Our sitter showed how much blood she brought up whilst we were away and it was awful. We are not sure if an ulcer burst or what, no signs on the ultra sound.
Talking to the vet tomorrow but hoping this choking tonight is just where she got sore with the pipe down her throat. Shes a bit down as you can imagine. We are at our wits end, just can not find out why she has gone like this. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Hi there, well on Sunday she passed a small amount of blood but touch wood she got a lot better. However tonight we have had a bit of choking, no blood but just as we thought she was getting better she has started again. Our sitter showed how much blood she brought up whilst we were away and it was awful. We are not sure if an ulcer burst or what, no signs on the ultra sound.
Talking to the vet tomorrow but hoping this choking tonight is just where she got sore with the pipe down her throat. Shes a bit down as you can imagine. We are at our wits end, just can not find out why she has gone like this. x
I’m so very sorry to hear that she isn’t 100% yet.

If it’s any help at all, my cocker started coughing up blood a few months ago & whilst the first time it was barely a drop, the second time it was a massive pool & I went in to a major panic. It followed a bout of sickness in the night (but she was literally only sick a couple of times)

The vet reassured me that even a small amount of blood seems to create a huge puddle when mixed with saliva etc and it was very scary.

The vet didn’t scan her, but said perhaps she had strained her throat from the sickness (I was dubious as she’d only been sick twice), but he gave her a tablet which apparently was to tell her brain that she didn’t want to be sick anymore, and he said that that would allow her insides to calm down. He said he thought she’d eaten something that didn’t agree with her (quite possible as she goes rooting around in the park!), but he said that if there was an actual obstruction, such as a stick, then the tablet wouldn’t then stop the choking, as the physical blockage would override the tablet! (Not sure I’m explaining it properly - and at the time I was very sceptical!)

But anyway, the tablet worked - no more retching and no more blood - so like you, I think Aulani must have eaten something, but once they get that aggravation in their throat they don’t understand that repeated retching and choking makes it worse 😢

So perhaps if she doesn’t stop the choking, maybe that tablet might help your poor baby too?

Sending you big hugs xx
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I’m so very sorry to hear that she isn’t 100% yet.

If it’s any help at all, my cocker started coughing up blood a few months ago & whilst the first time it was barely a drop, the second time it was a massive pool & I went in to a major panic. It followed a bout of sickness in the night (but she was literally only sick a couple of times)

The vet reassured me that even a small amount of blood seems to create a huge puddle when mixed with saliva etc and it was very scary.

The vet didn’t scan her, but said perhaps she had strained her throat from the sickness (I was dubious as she’d only been sick twice), but he gave her a tablet which apparently was to tell her brain that she didn’t want to be sick anymore, and he said that that would allow her insides to calm down. He said he thought she’d eaten something that didn’t agree with her (quite possible as she goes rooting around in the park!), but he said that if there was an actual obstruction, such as a stick, then the tablet wouldn’t then stop the choking, as the physical blockage would override the tablet! (Not sure I’m explaining it properly - and at the time I was very sceptical!)

But anyway, the tablet worked - no more retching and no more blood - so like you, I think Aulani must have eaten something, but once they get that aggravation in their throat they don’t understand that repeated retching and choking makes it worse 😢

So perhaps if she doesn’t stop the choking, maybe that tablet might help your poor baby too?

Sending you big hugs xx
They think its something going on in her stomach, ulcer... something like that. At first they thought she might have eaten something but it looks now there is something else going on.
I am hoping she doesn't need an endoscopy but we will have to see.

I have been so scared because Mr. Douglas in now getting so old and has so many problems, now it turns out its our younger dog and we never thought it would be her that was the worry.

When our friend showed me how much blood she has passed, I was in shock, it was actually like a couple of miscarriages, poor little mite must have been terrified and it showed as she shook very badly.

Just a shame they can not tell you.

Thanks for caring. Glad you got your baby sorted out.

Bloomin dogs...…. NO MORE, I mean it... NO MORE !
XX
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List