Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Jun 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kerenza
Excited about Disney

Will we squeeze 4ad 2ch and 3 cases into a Fullsize SUV?

My H, 2 children and I are flying to Miami, then driving up to Orlando.
Part way through the trip my parents are joining us, and would prefer not to drive.

We'll be fine day to day with a 7-seater SUV, but wondering if there'll be room for 3 standard cases in the boot for the drive back to Miami with the 6 of us!?!

(Recs for hire companies also gratefully received! - Think last time we went (5y ago) we used Alamo Brits)

Edited at 10:41 PM.
Kerenza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kerenza View Post
My H, 2 children and I are flying to Miami, then driving up to Orlando.
Part way through the trip my parents are joining us, and would prefer not to drive.

We'll be fine day to day with a 7-seater SUV, but wondering if there'll be room for 3 standard cases in the boot for the drive back to Miami with the 6 of us!?!

(Recs for hire companies also gratefully received! - Think last time we went (5y ago) we used Alamo Brits)
Check out this Vlog, they had a Full Size SUV booked, albeit with 6 adults.

99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

For car hire, try Andy Stevens at Discount Florida Car Hire. We use him, as do quite a few on here.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Mobile

Yes you will. We had a Chrysler Pacifica and 6 adults. There was room for 3 cases in the boot and space inside by the sliding door for extra bags and hand luggage etc.
Old 16 Jun 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Going to be tight in my view but can be done

However are you certain that for the Miami run there will only be 3 cases between the 6 of you? Doesn't seem much.

We take 3 and there are only 2 of us.

But if you are confident that's the lot then ok.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going to be trying it with 4A, 2C and 4 cases.

It will be tight, but with the 7th seat down and worst result being a case on someones lap i think we will do it. I hope. Lol.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
traleegirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did the same journey last month with five adults, five full size cases and five cabin bags. We had to drop the double seat at the back and use the ‘stow and go’ as well as the floor space, but we did it! This was in a Chrysler Pacifica...
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are a family of 5 adults and usually have a large SUV Ford Explorer etc) albeit only MCO to villa, not Miami. Five suitcases and hand luggage are a squeeze, but doable. The problem for us is the return trip as with 4 females we often have two extra suitcases (what do they spend their money on?). Luckily we usually fly Virgin, so not too bad a journey to Disney Springs check in, however I do recall in 2016 dropping them off at DS and heading back to collect two more cases

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
scl
Apprentice Imagineer

We normally hire a Dodge 7 seater and have managed to get a mobility scooter 4 adults 2 children and 4 big cases in it was tight but doble.
scl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. A few posts on here about 7 seater Minivans and I know you want a 7 seater SUV.

Have you thought of doing 2 rentals and ditching the SUV the day before you head to Miami and get a 7 seater Minivan for a 1 day rental that day? Worth a look.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List