Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Jun 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
DC looks amazing. I love your all your photos!
So sorry to read about the missing cards & cash. Thank goodness you cancelled the cards immediately.
Have a lovely time in Disney World!.
It really was, I would love to do it again, the atmosphere is just unreal there.

It is, would dread to think what could have happened if we hadn't. Thanks for reading xx

Originally Posted by Rob & Jan View Post
Well that was a day of highs and lows I could feel the tension. Lovely photos of DC, I wasn't a fan of the rapid river I'm afraid I had a paddy going under the waterfall.
Thank you it certainly was, we don't like to have relaxing holidays ... always need a bit of drama and tension thrown in

I wouldn't have minded myself to be honest ... but with everyone else it was like something out of a comic sketch trying to shout through the water at each other

Thanks for reading xx

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a day! I'm so glad your passports were not stolen too, at least you didn't have to sort them out. I'm not surprised you had a bit of a cry in the car and then forgot your shorts in the panic packing. Such a shame this put a downer on all the fun at discovery cove and then the reveal. But as you said it was only $30 so could have been a lot worse. Very quick thinking of you to cancel the cards immediately.

It sounds like you were a regular life saver in the lazy river. I'd forgotten it gets quite deep. My dad is not a great swimmer, he can just about manage 10 metres but he doesn't like to swim out of his depth and he absolutely cannot float. He will only swim if he's out of his depth if he has the side of the pool within reach so this has been worrying me for our discovery cove day how did Mr G cope with the dolphin swim? Is it possible to do it if you can't swim. I'm sure it is, but as we are all swimmers I don't recall from our last trip. Like you I booked the tickets on blue Friday and got such a good deal I decided my dad may as well do it and if he passes on the swim part it doesn't matter as it is only a small part of the whole experience. Anyway, can you reassure me? Will he be alright?

The room at CBR looks so lovely, we've booked it up for next summer I'm so excited to be going back I loved that resort. I can't wait to find out if you liked it, I really hope so.
Thanks Abby, I probably could have sat and cried for longer but I needed to do the reveal

I'd say Chris was pretty similar to your dad. They do provide pool noddles which you can use ... it just so happens when Chris and Noah went through the noddle managed to escape causing the panic

The dolphin swim is fine, you can do a shallow water or deep water swim. To do deep water you need to be able to tread on water for around a minute or so for the dolphin to come get you. I opted for this and was the only one in the group (us and a family of 4) as I waited for all the shallow swims Chris slipped with Noah and he went under which caused Noah to freak out and he wanted me so I said I'd just do the shallow swim so I wasn't backwards and forwards disturbing everything. Kind of wish I'd done the deeper water one now though. The shallow one is great and your dad will be able to put his feet on the floor if he doesn't feel comfortable as you can stand ... just someone Noah or Thomas's height can't stand

I honestly think he'll love it and as you say the option is there if he wants to but there's not pressure. He could even just go and do the interaction with the dolphin and just not do the swim. For some reason I thought you'd already done Discovery Cove before, I might have mixed you up with someone else though!

The room at CBR was lovely, it's just such a shame we didn't really get chance to appreciate it. One of the little packs on the bed had 3 pins in! So the kids got one each and traded them round the park as I didn't bring their pins from last year for fear of them finding them when unpacking xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Thanks Kelly. We have done discovery cove in 2017 and it was fab! Everyone in our dolphin swim group were swimmers so I didn't see what would happen if you couldn't swim. We swam out in pairs to the deep water and then the weakest swimmer was pulled back to shore first and the dolphin came back out for the other person. I am pretty sure my dad would not be able to do this as I don't think he can tread water. I had also forgotten about the lazy river having deep parts. Still I'm sure he will like the free food and the chance to lounge around all day after having had 3 days in the parks! I'm grateful for the feedback on how it works if there are non swimmers.

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It sounds like you had a lovely day at discovery cove. Your story of the lazy river made me laugh. We are considering going on our trip next August; it's high on the list for our girls but neither DH nor myself are bothered so I'm finding it difficult to justify the cost. It's such a shame that your cards and money were stolen but at least the passports made it back to you. Thank goodness you had another option for your spending money once you'd cancelled your cards.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
so sorry about your cards x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The kids’ faces during the dolphin swim make it worth every penny. LOL at Mr Grump bottling out of actually planting his lips on Capricorn, I’d be the same. Note to self, neither of us can swim so if we ever were to go to DC we’d avoid the river.

I am so sorry about your cards and cash, what a horrible experience. I actually felt sick when I thought your passports were gone. Thank God you didn’t have much cash on you. I think it is especially sad something so awful came on what was supposed to be a really special day and one you had been looking forward to and planning for so long. Thank God Chris has a card too so you could transfer your money, we have two cards too, can you imagine if you didn’t have that option!?

Wow the lobby at CBR looks amazing!

P.S. You steal a credit card and then you try to buy McDonalds with it!? More fool you criminal.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

So sorry you had to deal with this on holiday but Discovery Cove looks amazing especially the food and the dolphin swim. My heart melted at the part about your son's anxiety over change- my husband is the same if his routine is changed at work or plans get changed, he struggles to process it too (he has ADHD not autism but I think some of the characteristics are similar) Looking forward to reading more

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Such a shame you had that stress at the end of such a fab day but you dealt with it all really well.

My DH left his cc at Beaches & Cream on our second last night of our trip last November and we only realised the following day when he went to pay for something! Luckily no-one had tried to use it but it was fairly stressful up to that point so I feel your pain

Discovery Cove looks amazing! I hope to try it once my kids get a bit older/more confident with swimming.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Thanks Kelly. We have done discovery cove in 2017 and it was fab! Everyone in our dolphin swim group were swimmers so I didn't see what would happen if you couldn't swim. We swam out in pairs to the deep water and then the weakest swimmer was pulled back to shore first and the dolphin came back out for the other person. I am pretty sure my dad would not be able to do this as I don't think he can tread water. I had also forgotten about the lazy river having deep parts. Still I'm sure he will like the free food and the chance to lounge around all day after having had 3 days in the parks! I'm grateful for the feedback on how it works if there are non swimmers.

Xx
Aahh right that makes sense now. No I don't think he could manage, Chris can't tread water either. I still think he'll love it. I can't believe how close it's getting now Thanks for reading xx

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It sounds like you had a lovely day at discovery cove. Your story of the lazy river made me laugh. We are considering going on our trip next August; it's high on the list for our girls but neither DH nor myself are bothered so I'm finding it difficult to justify the cost. It's such a shame that your cards and money were stolen but at least the passports made it back to you. Thank goodness you had another option for your spending money once you'd cancelled your cards.
Honestly, it's one of those things where you had to be there. At the time it wasn't funny I was stressed to bits, but looking back we can laugh now

If you can I would wait till Black Friday and see if you can get an offer as we did. We paid around £800 for the 5 of us including dolphin swim with the offer. It honestly was worth every single penny.

It is but luckily quick thinking prevented it from being too much of a hassle. If Chris didn't have a card I think we'd have been stuck tbh! Thanks for reading xx

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
so sorry about your cards x
Thank you, luckily it didn't cause too much hassle and could have been much worse (minus passports!) thanks for reading xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The kids’ faces during the dolphin swim make it worth every penny. LOL at Mr Grump bottling out of actually planting his lips on Capricorn, I’d be the same. Note to self, neither of us can swim so if we ever were to go to DC we’d avoid the river.

I am so sorry about your cards and cash, what a horrible experience. I actually felt sick when I thought your passports were gone. Thank God you didn’t have much cash on you. I think it is especially sad something so awful came on what was supposed to be a really special day and one you had been looking forward to and planning for so long. Thank God Chris has a card too so you could transfer your money, we have two cards too, can you imagine if you didn’t have that option!?

Wow the lobby at CBR looks amazing!

P.S. You steal a credit card and then you try to buy McDonalds with it!? More fool you criminal.
It really does, I still well up looking at the photos

Yes DO NOT enter the river ... at least without a float providing you can actually keep hold of it unlike Mr Grump haha. It's something you should definitely try once. I know I'd go back again no problem but not sure Mr G would as he thinks it's a once done it's done experience.

I felt sick too, my heart was racing! At least the passports were still there. It was an inconvenience and did put a dampened on the holiday but it is what it is. I didn't write in the report but that night when everyone had gone to sleep I had myself another cry at how I was so looking forward to the reveal and it just didn't go to plan at all

I said the same, so thankful he has one too ... became a bit of a pain later in the holiday when shopping though Mr G's face when I came out of B&BW

CBR was lovely. It's such a pretty resort I just wish we'd had more time to explore. The only issue we had was with the food at Centretown Market with us being fussy eaters, but from what I've read they've overhauled POR food court too so not sure what's on there now.

Of all the things to try and a get ... a McDonalds! But then again we said they were probably trying it out to see if it worked and if it did they'd maybe have tried something of higher value xx

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
So sorry you had to deal with this on holiday but Discovery Cove looks amazing especially the food and the dolphin swim. My heart melted at the part about your son's anxiety over change- my husband is the same if his routine is changed at work or plans get changed, he struggles to process it too (he has ADHD not autism but I think some of the characteristics are similar) Looking forward to reading more
It really was and the kids loved it as much as we did too. The all inclusive part was definitely a bonus, just wish we'd taken advantage of it a little more

Mr Grump is similar too but he's un-diagnosed. He is very similar in mannerisms and beahaviour to Noah. I can't imagine just how hard it is for them to process it all. Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
Such a shame you had that stress at the end of such a fab day but you dealt with it all really well.

My DH left his cc at Beaches & Cream on our second last night of our trip last November and we only realised the following day when he went to pay for something! Luckily no-one had tried to use it but it was fairly stressful up to that point so I feel your pain

Discovery Cove looks amazing! I hope to try it once my kids get a bit older/more confident with swimming.
The panic is awful isn't it. I think because of most terminals in the US not doing Chip and Pin that makes it all the more scary as you just need to swipe it. That's good no one tried to use it but the feeling you get when you realise is awful isn't it.

Discovery Cove is amazing and definitely a must try I would say. I'd happily go back again but Mr Grump isn't too keen so we shall see. There are life jackets for the kids for in the pools too if they can't swim or aren't strong swimmers. Thanks for reading xx
Old 20 Jun 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day at Seaworld such a shame about your purse but really glad you managed to stop the cards before someone used them

Joan