Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Strongest over counter painkiller (possibly tmi)

So I am stupid stupid stupid.
I worried too much about what medicine I could fetch into country and I forgot to put my codine in my bag. I thought I’d put it in the hold luggage but obviously not.

Either I’ve changed something or it’s just plain bad luck but I am on.
This is bad. I have endometriosis and I do not want this to ruin Disney.
It’s currently 1.40 and I’m wide awake cos what I have taken isn’t strong enough. I have paracetamol and ibroprofen.

I usually take tramadol or codine. Co codamol at the very least.

At Epcot at 9. I am panicking this is going to ruin everything.

The shops near me are Publix and Walmart.

Thanks
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

sadly, you won't get codeine in the US. Walmart have a Pharmacy, you could ask them to suggest a strong pain killer. Hope you get sorted.
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

My DD22 takes Midol ...you can buy them in Walmart. They have their own version as well.

They work for her and she has the same issues as yourself.

I don't know if they are as strong as codeine though.
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post

You can buy Naproxen over there in pharmacies or Walmart.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Would your insurance company help to get a prescribed drug.. not sure?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Pop into Walmart for advice as they have other meds over the counter that we dont
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

As someone has said Naproxen is usually available over the counter there, excellent for pain relief, I usually stock up when in the US as I can't get mild gout from time to time.
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

I would go to a pharmacy and see what hey suggest to get you through. However I'm sure you can call your doctors and explain and they can fax/email a prescription over and you can collect in the US but I'm not 100% on this!

Do you have a copy of your prescription? If so I would take that to the pharmacy with you as they will sometimes provide enough to cover the holiday (at a price of course!).

Hope you get sorted.
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Oh no, I hope it doesn't spoil your holiday.

USA have a big opioid problem so any opioid based pain relief is prescription only (i.e. co-codamol 8/500 which is available to buy here in a pharmacy). I would suggest phoning your insurance company and asking what they suggest. Best case scenario is they refer you to their preferred local clinic and a prescriber (doctor, nurse, pharmacist) would write you a prescription for what you need for your holiday. Worst case is they can't do anything and you try something like Naproxen from Walmart/Walgreens/CVS. Please ask the pharmacist on duty whether the medication is suitable for you.

Just to add - you may have packed the codeine in your suitcase and a light fingered airport worker took it. Medical care is so expensive and it's not unknown for medicines to disappear from checked luggage. That's one of the reasons that packing medicines in your hand luggage is recommended.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Tramadol is a controlled drug... i had mine counted so i wasnt taking too many in. As someone has mentioned massive opiod issue.
Try getting the otc nighttime meds as they contain melatonin to help sleep.
Deff ask staff at cvs or walgreens and see if u can get an actipatch as non medicated xx
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List