Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Jan 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Member Mail - Riviera

I’m not sure if I can upload this, but I just saw a DVC ‘member mail’ about booking Riviera on a Facebook group. If this does post, I’m curious about the whole booking process as I assumed they would start to sell it before allowing others to book to give home resort priority?

My main question though, what is member mail? Are these regular emails? Do I need to sign up for them? My contact details are all correct on the DVC site. Is there something else I need to do?

Edit: The picture didn’t post. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? :-)

Edit2: It seems I could do it in the edit! Sorry.

Edited at 05:33 PM.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We have been members for 8 years and never get any e-mails. I have spoken to DVC, I have tweaked the settings etc and never get them. There seem to be plenty of people who don't get them but it is annoying. It's one of the reasons I use FB etc to keep up to date.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've had some emails over the years but it's really hit and miss. The main DVC group I use is where I get my information from, they're always ahead of the game. I didn't get this one that's being posted.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Just seen about this email on a Facebook group so came straight here as we don’t get the emails either. Wondering if to try a couple of days on our May 2020 trip.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks very much everyone. At least I’m not the only one missing out!

Maybe we’ll get some solid Riviera info soon.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Never had any either!
Old 19 Jan 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We have a split stay booked for November so hoping to move one portion to Riviera just to try it out!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

This is a bit easier to read
DISNEY'S RIVIERA RESORT UPDATE

Dear Disney Vacation Club® Member,

Since Disney’s Riviera Resort was first announced in July 2017, our Members have continually asked to be kept informed about the newest Resort. With that in mind, we wanted you to be among the first to hear some exciting updates. Construction is progressing extremely well on our new proposed Disney Vacation Club Resort, and it’s currently on schedule to open in Fall 2019.

When it opens its doors, Disney’s Riviera Resort will offer all the grandeur of Europe combined with the magic of Disney. The new Resort will be conveniently located in the heart of Walt Disney World® Resort, and feature unique access to Epcot® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, via the new Disney Skyliner.

Important information for Disney Vacation Club Members:
This Spring, Members can begin booking stays at Disney’s Riviera Resort with Vacation Points, accessing exclusive, protected inventory which is being held just for our Members. Exact timing will be shared once the official opening date is confirmed.
In the interim, Disney’s Riviera Resort will begin taking rental reservations from the general public this month. To learn more about the new Resort, watch the Disney Parks Blog and follow Disney Vacation Club on Facebook and Instagram for updates.

We look forward to welcoming our newest Resort!

Disney Vacation Club
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List