Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We will be going before the results in 2020. Did this for my son post A Levels and it worked well as a distraction pre results day. I couldn’t be doing with the potential stress of clearing from abroad. My son didn’t get his room allocated until the days after results either and then we had to hussle to get him a space on the Halls car park. It’s a pain as I’d rather go later but too much of a stress risk for me.
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My dd hadn’t talked about uni at all and was adamant she wasn’t going until the last day of the applications and now she has a place at Sheffield and Brighton. Our holiday to NYC and Washington was already booked for 17/8 and I can’t change it so I will do all that I can before we go and she will have to use the hotel Wi-fi to sort anything else out. Hopefully we won’t miss out on anything, I’m not sure if it makes any difference that she is doing a Btech and she is already at the level they want for course, but is hoping to get it higher than this, at least we have some idea of her grades.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

I well and truly messed this exact thing up this year! We are actually flying on the day results come out! Lucky my son already has a spot at Uni and says all he should need to do is confirm which he can do from the airport before we fly. He doesn't seem to bothered about it and says that if anything needs sorting while we are over there he can do it by email or phone (3 feel at home on his phone). Cross my fingers he is right! (I'm American and this way of applying to Uni is very different!)
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List