Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been wondering about this too.
Perhaps I’ll order some then.
I’d like to be eco friendly with my cleaning products but they do actually need to work or it’s pretty pointless!

Ecover washing up liquid for example is rubbish! You need 50x as much and it’s still ineffective.

Completely unrelated to cleaning products but have any of you tried Nuud deodorant? 🤔
Also wondering about getting that. I use Mitchum but I really shouldn’t.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
KOH is the chemical formula for Potassium hydroxide (potash) - a mineral salt of potassium - an anionic surfactant - a "natural" cleaner if extracted at source from rocks (not usually the case since that is expensive).

I always have mixed feelings when these things come up, but hate to see "wooo science" used. Yes it is natural (so is arsenic), Yes it has cleaning properties (so does washing up liquid - KOH can be one of the main ingredients), Yes it is non-toxic (it is also used as E525 in food manufacture) - but you may as well rub soap on the sponge and use that instead.

"We advise to spot test on delicate areas and avoid using Koh® Universal Cleaner on surfaces that are susceptible to alkaline solutions such as untreated copper, aluminium, zinc, waxed surfaces and films (some LCD screens, sunglasses etc)" - must be very, very weak solution to not irritate skin - since skin is quite susceptible to alkaline solutions also.

Another MLM in the making...
Oh no! Is it MLM?
I’m not buying anything that’s sold that way.
Too annoying

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Oh no! Is it MLM?
I’m not buying anything that’s sold that way.
Too annoying
It is not a traditional MLM (yet...?) but is promo'd on the vlogiverse relentlessly (wonder how much the mummy/cleaning/eco vloggers are being paid?) - currently targeting the UK.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

It is not a traditional MLM (yet...?) but is promo'd on the vlogiverse relentlessly (wonder how much the mummy/cleaning/eco vloggers are being paid?) - currently targeting the UK.
Sorry - being thick! ..whats MLM ?
Old 18 Feb 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by creamcake View Post
Sorry - being thick! ..whats MLM ?
Multi -level marketing - where people are encouraged to get other people to sell it for them. Aloe-Vera became the bane of people's lives on social media, Lighter Life, Juice plus, Earthly Clean (cleaning products - multipurpose, natural, free from toxins)

Less of it about now since you-tube/vloggers do the selling nowadays.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Multi -level marketing - where people are encouraged to get other people to sell it for them. Aloe-Vera became the bane of people's lives on social media, Lighter Life, Juice plus, Earthly Clean (cleaning products - multipurpose, natural, free from toxins)

Less of it about now since you-tube/vloggers do the selling nowadays.
I didn’t know what this was either. As I said in my original post I’m a bit of a sucker for these wonder products and have certainly bought my fair share of rubbish. But on this occasion I’ve been genuinely astounded by the product and wanted to share my experience. I often take on board peoples opinions on different products on the dibb as it feels more genuine (again I may be naive).

As regards the comments on possible harsh reactions from the product, I haven’t suffered any and I have super sensitive skin so here’s hoping this continues. X
Old 2 Apr 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hmmm any more success stories?
Old 2 Apr 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I'm on the fence on this one. I like the fact it has less packaging and not as many plastic bottles in my cupboard. I'm happy that I don't wheeze and cough spraying it. Do I think it's better than other cleaning products I own? Probably not.