Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I would wait until nearer the time. She is only 10 and although she is relatively regular at the moment things can change.
Leave it until a couple of months before you go and reasses the situation.
My daughter had her period last year whilst we was away and she was fine (she was 15)
Your daughter will be more used to things by September etc x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

I am in the same position, both of my daughters aged 11 and 12 started in the past few months. I have ordered a pair of bikini bottoms each from panty prop. They were quite expensive but will come in handy not just for Florida but other times this may come up
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

I don't think a GP would prescribe anything for her age.

My DD (age 10) started her periods a few days after her 9th birthday and they are only just now starting to settle into a regular cycle/pattern.

Even if there was something she could take to delay it, she would have to start taking the tablets a few days before the period is due and if she doesn't have a regular cycle, she could be caught out at any time.

There are a lot of options to help with swimming etc so i'm sure she will be fine
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I took that 2 yrs ago for same reason but following month suffered so much I swore If never take it again. Def wouldn't let my dd take it.
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Only your GP can advise whether Noresthisterone is suitable for your daughter.

I've read about these special costumes that are supposedly waterproof, however the swimwear that I have just read up on says it only holds one tampon worth. How they can possibly know this, as any woman on here will know periods can be light or heavy, and if your DD is just starting her periods then they could be either.

As a woman myself I would, and did persuade my DD to use a combination of pads and tampons, I didn't want to make a big deal about something that's going to be a real pain in the ass for possibly the next 40 years.

I would be horrified if, when I was a teenager someone noticed "wings" on show from a sanitary towel (which I have witnessed) or blood seeping from my swimsuit.

I'd recommend a chat with GP, and also a combination of towels and tampons.

Just my take on it
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
... something that's going to be a real pain in the ass for possibly the next 40 years.
I have to say, that's probably the ONLY place I didn't get pain with mine...stomach, legs, breasts, head yes but not there
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
judy22
Apprentice Imagineer

By 11 I was using tampons. I was an avid swimmer so it was in my interest to get used to them. I would be encouraging her to have a go.
judy22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

This is something my husband and I were talking about last night.

DD13 started last month and we obviously have no idea how long it will take for her cycle to get into a regular pattern etc.

Lil Lets do a teenager range of pads and tampons that are small and better suited to their bodies (rather than a fully grown woman)

I plan to take a few of these tampons with us just incase our daughter comes on whilst we are there. I dont think she will want to use them but that will be her choice

If it happens, it happens and we'll just have to change our water park days around etc
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We’ve always just worked out schedules around it and it’s never been the big problem I anticipated it would be.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List