Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Feb 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
AP1991
Earning More Ears

On or Off Property For a Confused First Timer!?

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I are hoping to visit Disney from the 3rd - 17 Jan 2020 for the WDW Marathon weekend and a 2 week Holiday.

We are both Disney first timers and I am finding it so confusing to navigate the accommodation options!

I can see that staying on property would be beneficial with extra magic hours, magical express bus, disney transportation etc etc...

But what is the different between one of those resorts and the Disney Springs Area partner hotels? Do you still get the same benefits just for less money?

Then there is the option of staying outside the parks at the Clarion, or one of the other motel style places on the I4? Are these close enough to walk to the parks?

Im really sorry if this has been asked before - I am just getting confused between what the different options are!
AP1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

None of the off-site hotels are within walking distance of any of the parks. Even the majority of onsite hotels aren't. There are just a few deluxe resorts that you can walk to selected parks that they're close to. WDW is the size of Greater Manchester - its massive! So, you'll either need to drive or use buses/shuttles.

We're onsite fans as we just find it so easy, plus we always book with free dining so know our food is sorted. We don't hire a car, but just let Disney take care of us!

The Disney Springs partner hotels allow 60 day fastpass booking, which is a good bonus. Not sure about any other perks - you possibly get extra magic hours too. Again, you can't walk to any of the parks from them, so you'll need to drive/shuttle.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
AP1991
Earning More Ears

Hey,

Thanks for your reply - I was looking at the Free Dining but find Disney are quite cagey with when it will be released, what dates it will be available for etc..

Is it something that can be added on after you have booked your hotel once the offer comes up? Or do you have to book it when you book the hotel?
AP1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

They're not cagey about it, they just don't give advance notice. It's been the same for years, but is always released around early-mid April time. We'll know then if they're releasing it for next year, and if not, what the replacement offer will be.

In order to qualify for it you have to book your accommodation (minimum of 5 nights) and park tickets at the same time once the offer has been released. They won't add it in for you. There will be a number of agents offering it/whatever the offer is once Disney release it, so it's worth shopping around as you can save hundreds by booking elsewhere. This year is our 6th trip, but only our first was booked direct with Disney

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
AP1991
Earning More Ears

Brilliant thank you We are booking our flights this weekend so we will firm up the dates and keep our eyes peeled for April!
Old 18 Feb 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If you don't fancy a hotel you could always look at the off site villa options that are available and make it a home from home experience.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

I wouldn’t want to be staying off site if running one of their marathons. It’s a long enough pre start to to get to the start of the race staying on site. Walking anywhere on Disney property itslef is super limited. Staying off site and walking to one of their hotels is like asking if you can walk to Buckingham Palace from an outer most Tube spot. I’m not been sarcastic just trying to provide reasonable relative perspective to you. WDW is 40 miles square. That’s the second time I’ve posted that tonight so it’s not obvious!

Edited at 12:43 AM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

You could always do a split stay - half on Disney to take advantage of all the benefits (to include the marathon wkend) and half off site (plenty of great, and cheaper, restaurants to take advantage of too)
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List