Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Feb 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Bless you, it's really not been a good time for you, moan away!

I've just been sent home from work by occupational health as I may have Shingles so will join you in your moaning!
Im sure you know, but the sooner you get a pills to halt shingles, the sooner you can recover. ideally with 5 days of the rash. after that they are nor effective.

Good luck, hope you can fly! I don't see why not, the rash can only affect people if they actually touch it. My husband had it and I didn't get it, although I had touched it before knowing what it was. He had to keep away from my new grand daughter for a week, as a precaution, as she was just born.
Old 19 Feb 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks Very true. We feel very lucky in a lot of ways ...we are fortunate to be here dealing with the stress

Thank you yes very good advice hopefully in a few months I will have forgotten about all of this stress

Thank you everyone it is great to have unclouded opinions and input It has made me realise I just need to get on with the situation in hand. I can't change it so I am just going to have to work with it

Building work is stressful at the best of times, just go with the flow and it will eventually fall into place. No point worrying over things you cant change. (easier said than done)!
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I think things always seem harder when the finish line is in sight. Ring the insurance and ask them about the rent/holiday situation as at least with clarification you can sort something out.
Thanks Too true I keep saying it is like pregnancy the nearer it gets the more it drags lol.

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Building work is stressful at the best of times, just go with the flow and it will eventually fall into place. No point worrying over things you cant change. (easier said than done)!
Thanks you are totally right I actually get angry with myself for worrying and getting upset with things I can't change lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I remember when we first bought this run down finca. DId not speak the language fluently etc etc.
We initally employed a local builder , who is now a friend, despite my husband being a builder in the UK, however materials etc here due to heat a bit different. Three weeks in, I can vividly remember standing outside with a plumber, three electricians a builder and my husband all asking me questions at once in Spanish. I walked away, turned around and screamed at them to shut up. I invited each of them into a room one at a time to discuss thier issues. I was so bloody glad when the all left and husband felt confident to take over. That was five years ago. The last bit of renovations will finish this year... FIVE LONG YEARS! but worth it all in the end Bit different for us as we chose this, you were forced into it, Itll end soon
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I remember when we first bought this run down finca. DId not speak the language fluently etc etc.
We initally employed a local builder , who is now a friend, despite my husband being a builder in the UK, however materials etc here due to heat a bit different. Three weeks in, I can vividly remember standing outside with a plumber, three electricians a builder and my husband all asking me questions at once in Spanish. I walked away, turned around and screamed at them to shut up. I invited each of them into a room one at a time to discuss thier issues. I was so bloody glad when the all left and husband felt confident to take over. That was five years ago. The last bit of renovations will finish this year... FIVE LONG YEARS! but worth it all in the end Bit different for us as we chose this, you were forced into it, Itll end soon
Thanks It feels a little like this for me ...we originally started renovating just over 5 years ago (it was all complete other than the odd jobs that we were sorting as and when we had the money and then had to start again ...it was a bitter pill to swallow. I think part of my problem the nearer we get the more apprehensive I am getting . I am worried that I will be 'too scared' to live there and that the memories will be too bad. I am waiting for CBT to try and help me with my thought processes.
I am glad your renovation is complete ...they really should come with a health warning lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List