VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
A Surprise return To The Beach Club - Day 12

Another gorgeous morning - the weather has been amazing for November! We were off to Universal again, so we set off straight after breakfast at the Marketplace, earlier than last time in case it was manic again, especially as it was Memorial Day and Universal do a Memorial Day parade. Traffic was better today , and when we got there the queues for security were really short so we were in quickly. Still don't know why Monday was so busy!
We walked around the lake to the Simpsons area, and had a look around and took photos before queuing for the ride, we didn't wait too long and all loved it - it's always a great ride. We then put our stuff in lockers and went on Men in Black - I'm always worst at these rides but I like them! None of us wanted anything fried for lunch so we went round to Beverly Hills Boulangerie, the food is always really fresh in there - We got 2 turkey croissants, DH and I shared one and I had Key Lime pie while he enjoyed chocolate cake and we all enjoyed a rest from the heat. We checked where the parade would be and got a spot , but hardly anyone was waiting - or even watching when it started, it was very patriotic. We decided to do the Simpsons again before moving onto other areas, and got right into the ride room when I suddenly felt unwell so I left the other 2 - they were in the car already - and sat outside till they came off. It was strange, I just felt that I wanted to lie down, my legs felt like lead and the thought of going on rides was horrible. On Monday it was DD who wasn't well, now me - the curse of Universal! Anyway DD said she'd go off and do her own thing while we took it easy, I wanted DH to go too but he wouldn't. After a cold drink we went into the Horror Makeup show, followed by ET - hardly a ride!, Animal Encounters show and kept stopping for drinks etc. In the meantime DD had been on Spider-Man, Kong, back to Harry Potter, both sides, and other rides. She bought a Hogwarts hoody, and had snacks and butterbeer to keep herself going. Eventually we rode the Hogwarts Express over to meet her, and waited at Starbucks with coffees and DH got a Cinnabon till she was ready before browsing the shops on the way out. I was really disappointed that we hadn't spent the day together doing all the rides as we planned but it was just one of those things! So I still haven't been on Kong or Jimmy Fallon. We went straight back to the Beach Club instead of going for a meal and I was in bed and asleep 20 mins after we got back. They both went for food just in the resort - it's been a long day!

DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by MrsBC - 30 Nov 18 7:15 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Great photos. I do hope you felt better the next day. We usually go for 11 nights to Florida. I find I start to feel a little ill by the end of the trip, so does DD. I think the heat, walking, food, tiredness just catches up with us. Feel fine as soon as we get home. Just feel our limit is 11 nights, maybe you were feeling similar.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Great photos. I do hope you felt better the next day. We usually go for 11 nights to Florida. I find I start to feel a little ill by the end of the trip, so does DD. I think the heat, walking, food, tiredness just catches up with us. Feel fine as soon as we get home. Just feel our limit is 11 nights, maybe you were feeling similar.
I usually love the heat etc - but I did say maybe as I'm getting a bit older I'm feeling the heat a bit more - it just came on so suddenly.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I usually love the heat etc - but I did say maybe as I'm getting a bit older I'm feeling the heat a bit more - it just came on so suddenly.
I hate to say it, but I can’t manage the heat as well as I did when I was a ‘little’ younger. I was someone who sat out sunbathing a lot (with sun cream on) but I can’t do that now as I get ill. I don’t let it stop me though, just stroll slower, stay more in the shade and drink more fluids. 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I hate to say it, but I can’t manage the heat as well as I did when I was a ‘little’ younger. I was someone who sat out sunbathing a lot (with sun cream on) but I can’t do that now as I get ill. I don’t let it stop me though, just stroll slower, stay more in the shade and drink more fluids. 😀
We only have 12 nights next year after a cruise - but DH has just said he's like to do 3 weeks the year after - talk about forward planning!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

such a shame you felt ill. Although after a busy holiday so far it's really no surprise.
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

You got some great photos, sorry to hear that you felt unwell. Hoping I read that you are better for tomorrow x