Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
US Rent A Car
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 11 Feb 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
mousemad
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 05

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Virgin car hire online check-in

I've booked a standard SUV with Alamo through Virgin & I tried to log into it on the Virgin website but I couldnt do it.
I had a look at the Alamo Online Check-in & I could log-in to it on there. I want to enter my DH & DSIL's licence details & also my DH's Flying Club Number as it wouldnt let me do it during booking.
Can you do this any time or do you have to wait until just before your holiday?
I'm hoping to do 'Skip the counter' so we dont have to go to the Alamo desk in the airport.
__________________
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st there was just us 2, then 9, now 19!
Reply With Quote
mousemad is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 11 Feb 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
mick
VIP Dibber

 
mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04
Location: Warwickshire

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've done Alamo OLCI a number of times through Alamo Brits or Andy at DFCH. However I believe that if you book through Virgin (Atlantic or Holidays ) they have their own dedicated form.

Hopefully Mr Morrow, who does this through Virgin regularly, will spot the post.

Mick
__________________
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Easter in Florida
Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

 
Mr Tom Morrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Location: The Tiki Room.

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. This is the dedicated Virgin/Alamo link to do online check in.
You will spot the Virgin logos for VA and VH in top left hand corner.

This still needs the reference number you got from Virgin and lead drivers name. As you work your way into the check in process you will spot where you enter the driver(s) details.

alamo/en_US/virgin.html
__________________

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Trip Of 2019 - Wow A Villa Not SSR
Reply With Quote
Mr Tom Morrow is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 11 Feb 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Donz23
Serious Dibber
 
Donz23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. This is the dedicated Virgin/Alamo link to do online check in.
You will spot the Virgin logos for VA and VH in top left hand corner.

This still needs the reference number you got from Virgin and lead drivers name. As you work your way into the check in process you will spot where you enter the driver(s) details.

alamo/en_US/virgin.html

Hi, sorry to hijack heard but we are in same position as the op! So if we complete this form online that enables us to skip the counter?

Can you talk me through what skipping the counter entails? As in, what do we do when we get there? We will have our 9 month old with us so if I can mentally go through what we need to do with regards to picking up the car I think that will help massively!

Edited to add- dont worry ive just seen a great thread a few posts down thats details where to go!

Edited at 07:49 PM.
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
SSR and baby's first visit!
Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

 
Mr Tom Morrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Location: The Tiki Room.

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. There are 2 stages to all Alamo bookings. The first is online check in. That enters all your details etc. Technically that's all you need as it generates a print out for you with a barcode. The barcode is the key to going across the road straight to the garage.
Skip the counter allows you to lodge a credit card against your booking etc that does speed things up a bit but it is not essential.
So, do OLCI, go to the garage, pick your car from the row you have booked for example full size or Standard SUV etc etc and drive to the barrier.
There you hand over 3 things. the contract you have, driving licence(s) and credit/debit card. 5 mins later you are away.

The only quirk is those who have booked a Virgin Holiday or a Flydrive. Those people do exactly the same but before picking their car go to the Virgin 'Pit Stop' hut in the garage where they give you free water and documents/vouchers/maps etc. Then you continue as above
__________________

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Trip Of 2019 - Wow A Villa Not SSR
Reply With Quote
Mr Tom Morrow is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 11 Feb 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Donz23
Serious Dibber
 
Donz23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 10
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. There are 2 stages to all Alamo bookings. The first is online check in. That enters all your details etc. Technically that's all you need as it generates a print out for you with a barcode. The barcode is the key to going across the road straight to the garage.
Skip the counter allows you to lodge a credit card against your booking etc that does speed things up a bit but it is not essential.
So, do OLCI, go to the garage, pick your car from the row you have booked for example full size or Standard SUV etc etc and drive to the barrier.
There you hand over 3 things. the contract you have, driving licence(s) and credit/debit card. 5 mins later you are away.

The only quirk is those who have booked a Virgin Holiday or a Flydrive. Those people do exactly the same but before picking their car go to the Virgin 'Pit Stop' hut in the garage where they give you free water and documents/vouchers/maps etc. Then you continue as above
Ah fab, I didnt know about the virgin hut! Thank you!
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
SSR and baby's first visit!
Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
SkidSolo
First POST
 
Join Date: Jun 18
Quick question can you go through the Virgin/Alamo Online Check in and then skip the queue if you have two drivers ? The booking agent said that I couldn't but you mention Licence(s) above
Thanks
SkidSolo is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

 
Mr Tom Morrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Location: The Tiki Room.

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by SkidSolo View Post
Quick question can you go through the Virgin/Alamo Online Check in and then skip the queue if you have two drivers ? The booking agent said that I couldn't but you mention Licence(s) above
Thanks
Hi. Yes you can, you can also enter even more drivers than that if you have the top package which inludes 4 drivers.

A lot of these Agents are very good, some not so!
__________________

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Trip Of 2019 - Wow A Villa Not SSR
Reply With Quote
Mr Tom Morrow is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Reply
Orlando Attractions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Holiday to Florida with Florida4less

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Florida Tix

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2654
CaxtonFX  $1.2653
Covent Garden FX  $1.2775
FAIRFX  $1.2650
John Lewis  $1.2732
M&S  $1.2547
Post Office  $1.2517
Sainsburys  $1.2632
TESCO  $1.2659
Travelex  $1.2600
Updated: 13:03 19/02/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,080
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1189
CaxtonFX  €1.1208
Covent Garden FX  €1.1293
FAIRFX  €1.1200
John Lewis  €1.1270
M&S  €1.0955
Post Office  €1.1075
Sainsburys  €1.1172
TESCO  €1.1201
Travelex  €1.1135
Updated: 13:03 19/02/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Tue 19th Feb 8:25am
Now: 19C/66F
Mist
Mist
Cloud Cover: 90%
Wind: 9mph - ENE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1023mb
Humidity: 88%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 12:45 19/02/2019