Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
US Rent A Car
Unread 11 Feb 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Virgin car hire online check-in

I've booked a standard SUV with Alamo through Virgin & I tried to log into it on the Virgin website but I couldnt do it.
I had a look at the Alamo Online Check-in & I could log-in to it on there. I want to enter my DH & DSIL's licence details & also my DH's Flying Club Number as it wouldnt let me do it during booking.
Can you do this any time or do you have to wait until just before your holiday?
I'm hoping to do 'Skip the counter' so we dont have to go to the Alamo desk in the airport.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st there was just us 2, then 9, now 19!
mousemad is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 11 Feb 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've done Alamo OLCI a number of times through Alamo Brits or Andy at DFCH. However I believe that if you book through Virgin (Atlantic or Holidays ) they have their own dedicated form.

Hopefully Mr Morrow, who does this through Virgin regularly, will spot the post.

Mick
Unread 11 Feb 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. This is the dedicated Virgin/Alamo link to do online check in.
You will spot the Virgin logos for VA and VH in top left hand corner.

This still needs the reference number you got from Virgin and lead drivers name. As you work your way into the check in process you will spot where you enter the driver(s) details.

alamo/en_US/virgin.html

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Trip Of 2019 - Wow A Villa Not SSR
Mr Tom Morrow is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 11 Feb 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. This is the dedicated Virgin/Alamo link to do online check in.
You will spot the Virgin logos for VA and VH in top left hand corner.

This still needs the reference number you got from Virgin and lead drivers name. As you work your way into the check in process you will spot where you enter the driver(s) details.

alamo/en_US/virgin.html

Hi, sorry to hijack heard but we are in same position as the op! So if we complete this form online that enables us to skip the counter?

Can you talk me through what skipping the counter entails? As in, what do we do when we get there? We will have our 9 month old with us so if I can mentally go through what we need to do with regards to picking up the car I think that will help massively!

Edited to add- dont worry ive just seen a great thread a few posts down thats details where to go!

Edited at 07:49 PM.
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
SSR and baby's first visit!
Unread 11 Feb 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi. There are 2 stages to all Alamo bookings. The first is online check in. That enters all your details etc. Technically that's all you need as it generates a print out for you with a barcode. The barcode is the key to going across the road straight to the garage.
Skip the counter allows you to lodge a credit card against your booking etc that does speed things up a bit but it is not essential.
So, do OLCI, go to the garage, pick your car from the row you have booked for example full size or Standard SUV etc etc and drive to the barrier.
There you hand over 3 things. the contract you have, driving licence(s) and credit/debit card. 5 mins later you are away.

The only quirk is those who have booked a Virgin Holiday or a Flydrive. Those people do exactly the same but before picking their car go to the Virgin 'Pit Stop' hut in the garage where they give you free water and documents/vouchers/maps etc. Then you continue as above

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 11 Feb 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. There are 2 stages to all Alamo bookings. The first is online check in. That enters all your details etc. Technically that's all you need as it generates a print out for you with a barcode. The barcode is the key to going across the road straight to the garage.
Skip the counter allows you to lodge a credit card against your booking etc that does speed things up a bit but it is not essential.
So, do OLCI, go to the garage, pick your car from the row you have booked for example full size or Standard SUV etc etc and drive to the barrier.
There you hand over 3 things. the contract you have, driving licence(s) and credit/debit card. 5 mins later you are away.

The only quirk is those who have booked a Virgin Holiday or a Flydrive. Those people do exactly the same but before picking their car go to the Virgin 'Pit Stop' hut in the garage where they give you free water and documents/vouchers/maps etc. Then you continue as above
Ah fab, I didnt know about the virgin hut! Thank you!
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
SSR and baby's first visit!
Unread 12 Feb 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SkidSolo
First POST

Quick question can you go through the Virgin/Alamo Online Check in and then skip the queue if you have two drivers ? The booking agent said that I couldn't but you mention Licence(s) above
Thanks
SkidSolo is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by SkidSolo View Post
Quick question can you go through the Virgin/Alamo Online Check in and then skip the queue if you have two drivers ? The booking agent said that I couldn't but you mention Licence(s) above
Thanks
Hi. Yes you can, you can also enter even more drivers than that if you have the top package which inludes 4 drivers.

A lot of these Agents are very good, some not so!

Orlando Attractions