Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Feb 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

May 2018 - 3 weeks, one wedding and a villa, The Last Few Days

Tuesday 22nd May

*I’ve merged the last few days together in one post as I’d given up with note taking by this point, so I’m purely going off memory for these days, so detail is a bit sparse*

Today was a pool day as we had plans to go to AK this evening and as we were in our last few days of holiday we just wanted to slow down a little.

I feel like we did eat out for dinner, but it escapes me, but we were in AK by evening time as we were there to watch Rivers of Light.
It was a very drizzly evening, as you can see by this photo

I know we managed to get on Mount Everest before it went completely dark and we had a FP for the safari, but the FP que was miles longer then the walk on que and the walk on que was stupidly long, so we didn’t bother.
We did finally manage to get on Dinosaur though, much to my delight (not) !

Rivers of Light was an amazing show and made me a slightly weepy, I don’t know why !
But the whole show was just beautiful and even Mr. Cynical was surprised at how good it was.
After the show we came home and straight to bed.

Wednesday 23rd May

Daytime wise for Wednesday both me and Chris have no recollection of what we did, oops
I do know we were on a mission in the evening for an extra suitcase and we wanted to visit Target once more.

We visited 2 Targets and 2 TJ Maxx’s on our quest and picked up a small-ish white case from TJ Maxx for about $40 I think.
It was an ideal size for all the bits we just couldn’t fit into our big suitcases and we used it again on the August bank holiday weekend when we went to Milton Keynes for 2 nights for the MotoGP, so we try to get our money’s worth out of it

I think I picked up some make-up from Target that is stupid crazy prices over here and a Smores cupcake
We come home, ate our cupcakes by the pool and went to bed.

Thursday 24th May

Celebration was on the cards today as Chris’s SunTrust card was available to pick up. The weather was much better today then when we first went, so after Chris had sorted out his card we headed down to the lake and sat on the rockers for a little bit.

We soon spotted whilst sat on the rockers that people were walking over the other side of the lake, so we headed down to the walkway, grabbing ice creams on the way, and ended up following the path to the boardwalks and going on this huge walk.

At one point we ended up by these massive houses, which I found my lottery house!
Complete with slide from top floor to the pool!

When we were walking past these houses, as they backed on to the lake we could hear alligators snorting, which at first I thought was boar snorting as the path was sandwiched between the lake and the woods, easy mistake to make

On the way back to the car we walked past all these beautiful houses and these really creepy crickets that were just absolutely everywhere!
Not sure what we did in the evening, but I presume a lot of laundry and packing was done as we were going home tomorrow

Friday 25th May

It was home-time what an amazing 3 weeks we’d had! We really felt like we lived there by this point, it was a hard day.
We went to cracker barrel for breakfast as we’d really fell in love with this place so wanted to go one last time, I had sourdough French toast and Chris had pancakes and bacon.

After breakfast we came back to the villa, double and triple checked everything was packed, made sure the last of the bedding and towels were in the washing machine and sorted out the bins.
I cannot recommend this villa enough, lovely Dibber Coral’s villa Tranquillity, it really felt like a home from home

As we were ready a little bit earlier then we thought we’d have one last go at seeing whether Wintersummerland was open, which hurray, it was!
Chris won, but not by much and we did see a snake chilling out on top of a bush!

We still had a couple of hours before we needed to be at the airport, so we decided on one last visit to Celebration seeing as though it was on route to the airport.
We really enjoyed the lake walk we did yesterday, so we did the walk all over again, only difference was this time we saw a baby alligator having a rest by the side of the lake.

Think we left Celebration mid afternoon and made our way to the airport, it was a very gloomy and quiet car ride

Dropping the car off was easy enough and we were soon making our way to check in, Chris was a little worried about the fact we were bringing an extra suitcase home with us as he’d only paid for it the other night, but there was no trouble or questioning over the 3rd suitcase so that was good

Security didn’t seem to take too long either, there was a nice TSA officer sat on the first desk you approach, who as soon as she saw me said “wow, you really don’t wanna go home do you?!” my face must of looked very miserable

Once through security and over the mono-rail we decided to grab some food at Outback Steakhouse, think we both had burgers, we were sat right by the window so could see planes taxiing and taking off.
We didn’t do much between then and the flight being called and before we knew it we were on the plane.

We both watched Logan Lucky and I tried to sleep, but failed miserably when the couple in front of us fully reclined to the point it felt like my eyeballs were touching the TV screen. Also the woman was wearing extremely strong lavender perfume which made me feel really sick

The flight seemed to be over fairly quick and we had a sad breakfast of a cereal bar and coffee.

Landing and security was quick with no trouble, although the automatic passport ID machines hate Chris, we think it’s his beard so he had to talk to a human to get in.

The trains home were an absolute nightmare and my dad had to pick us up from Evesham in the end due to work being done on the line, but we were home early afternoon.

What next – So we are off to Orlando again 31st August – 12th September for Chris’s 30th birthday, our friends, Josh and David are coming with us this time and we’re staying at Sunset Lakes. No Disney this time, although we do have MNSSHP tickets and we have Universal tickets + HHN tickets.
We quite fancied a little break from Disney as we found it quite stressful to go there this time, the parks just seemed to be waaay busier then 2016 and it got to the point where we didn’t fancy going, the paying for parking thing really bugs me as well, haven’t they took enough of our money?!

Anyway, the pre-trip report will hopefully be up in the next month or so as we are about 6 months out.
If you’ve read the whole thing, thank you so much and thank you anyway if you’ve only had a little peek, until the next time!
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your trip report, I'll look out for the next one!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Thanks for writing your report up - just found it and read it all - good read!
Trip 4: 3 weeks Villa with Parks 2023
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip report, I'll look out for the next one!
Originally Posted by Man v Disney View Post
Thanks for writing your report up - just found it and read it all - good read!
Thanks both, glad you enjoyed it 😊
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List