Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 18 Feb 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NatCat
Getting to know the DIBB

Special Events/Tours and ECVs

Hello! Was just wondering if anyone could give some advice as to which (if any? if all?) of the special events/tours can be done with someone with limited mobility!

My girlfriend used a wheelchair for our last trip but found it difficult being pushed around and feeling like she was impacting my trip, so this time we're planning on hiring an ECV; she is able to transfer out of it and into a sit-down wheelchair absolutely fine, but she can only walk for about two/three or so minutes in between without needing to sit down or take a rest for a while!

Specifically we're interested in:
- Caring For Giants at Animal Kingdom
- Keys to the Kingdom
- the unDISCOVERed Future World

I'm absolutely fine about pushing her if she does need to transfer to a wheelchair from her ECV for any of them, but was just wondering if anyone here had done these tours with someone with mobility issues and whether it will be a problem at any of them!
NatCat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I’ve done all of these but Keys to the Kingdom and undiscovered World were before my mobi,it’s was compromised! Caring for giants I did in 2017 and had to leave my ECV behind - you go back stage in a mini bus and there is quite a bit of walking involved - I can walk a bit but found this quite a challenge. However, it might be worth talking to Disney about this as I have a feeling the other two may be possible. Maybe try looking on the tour descriptor as it may give accessibility info there.
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, we did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour a few years ago and would recommend it. Our son is a wheelchair user and all of the tour was suitable for him, we did advise them when we booked that he has limited mobility. The guide we had led us to drop kerbs without making it obvious and directed us to an elevator when we had lunch. I'm sure the tour could be taken with an ECV.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List